Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping/pausing tracks impossible via bluetooth

Hi experts!I've recently upgraded my Spotify app on Android to version 5.5.0.653 on my Samsung Galaxy S5.Since the upgrade, I cannot skip or pause tracks with the buttons of my bluetooth headset or with the buttons of my car stereo.Before, everything...

• Hi experts! I've recently upgraded my Spotify app on Android to version 5.5.0.653 on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Since the upgrade, I cannot skip or pause tracks with the buttons of my bluetooth headse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Still no Podcasts or New Shows Menu????

I'm a premium member and running 3.1.0.1117 on Android BUT STILL no new menu that adds Podcasts or Shows? How long will take until I see is added?

• I'm a premium member and running 3.1.0.1117 on Android BUT STILL no new menu that adds Podcasts or Shows?  How long will take until I see is added? 
  • riscum
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes

Can't send songs to certain Facebook friend

Description When I try to send a song or playlist to my friend on Facebook on my android, her name does not show up when I type in her name. I can send the song to any other friend and I can send any song to her on the desktop version of Spotify. (My...

Desktop.png Screenshot_2014-12-13-12-56-10.png Screenshot_2014-12-13-12-56-25.png
  • Description When I try to send a song or playlist to my friend on Facebook on my android, her name does not show up when I type in her name. I can send the song to any other friend and I can send...
  • ziomas3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Poor sound quality while extreme is on

Hello everybody, I've been experiencing this problem for a few days now. Simply stated: when I listen to music (streaming/dowlnoaded) I always hear about 1 second/0.5 second extreme quality, and then it hops over to very poor quality (while extreme q...

• Hello everybody,   I've been experiencing this problem for a few days now. Simply stated: when I listen to music (streaming/dowlnoaded) I always hear about 1 second/0.5 second extreme quality,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • extreme
    poor
    quality
    sound
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android SDK stable release

Hi, is there any plan for when Spotify will release a stable SDK version, a non beta one? RegardsTor

• Hi,   is there any plan for when Spotify will release a stable SDK version, a non beta one?    Regards Tor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    SDK
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problème avec un titre

Bonjours j'ai un problème hier j'ai ajouter un titre non Spotify sur PC à partir de mes fichier locaux car il n'existe pas sur Spotify et j'arrive pas à la lire sur Android j'espère avoir de laide MERCI

• Bonjours j'ai un problème hier j'ai ajouter un titre non Spotify sur PC à partir de mes fichier locaux car il n'existe pas sur Spotify et j'arrive pas à la lire sur Android j'espère avoir de laide ME...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem using app

After updating to newest Android OS (6.0.1), I cannot open the Spotify app. I uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't work. When I try to open the app, I get a black screen. I'm sure this has to do with the app not being compatable with this version of A...

• Casual Listener
  • After updating to newest Android OS (6.0.1), I cannot open the Spotify app. I uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't work. When I try to open the app, I get a black screen. I'm sure this has to do with ...
  • ktglore
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

99 cents for trying spotify premium for the summer, I purchased a 10$ spotify gift card. Now when I go into my account for spotify it says my subscription expires 7 / 3 / 16. Someone please hrl

• Casual Listener
  • 99 cents for trying spotify premium for the summer, I purchased a 10$ spotify gift card. Now when I go into my account for spotify it says my subscription expires 7 / 3 / 16. Someone please hrl
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Ford

I don't know what caused this to happen, but it just started happening today. I can't control the app anymore when listening to music in my car. I have a 2012 Ford Focus. It just shows this screen and doesn't do anything. How do I get it back to norm...

• I don't know what caused this to happen, but it just started happening today. I can't control the app anymore when listening to music in my car. I have a 2012 Ford Focus. It just shows this screen an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

have playlist songs play one right after another

I am having a hard time with my playlist. The song keeps repeating itself. I want the songs to play automatically one after another

• I am having a hard time with my playlist. The song keeps repeating itself. I want the songs to play automatically one after another
  • Jayb72
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! android says trying to access from another country

Since spotify "came to canada" i've been able to use it on the same account ive been using for months on my laptop, however now when I try to sign into it on my phone it tells me im trying to sign into it from another country. I've only ever used spo...

• Casual Listener
  • Since spotify "came to canada" i've been able to use it on the same account ive been using for months on my laptop, however now when I try to sign into it on my phone it tells me im trying to sign in...
  • bodhiman
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

can't play advertisement

I'm on spotify free. If the message appears: The next 30 minutes are free if you look at this ad. But then I get this error message: Could not be played. What should I do?

• I'm on spotify free. If the message appears: The next 30 minutes are free if you look at this ad. But then I get this error message: Could not be played. What should I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing downloaded songs, but saving album

I have reached the download limit and wish to remove songs/albums from my device, but want to save the album in case I wish to stream at another time. I slide the "available offline" switch to the left/gray position but the green check remains under ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have reached the download limit and wish to remove songs/albums from my device, but want to save the album in case I wish to stream at another time. I slide the "available offline" switch to the le...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function not working properly with Pioneer VSX930 AV Amp

Hello, Radio doesn't seem to work properly : new titles won't load as I listen to the radio. Eventually when the initialy loaded titles list has been fully listened, the radio will stop and no tune be played. It only behaves this way when I connect t...

• Regular
  • Hello,   Radio doesn't seem to work properly : new titles won't load as I listen to the radio. Eventually when the initialy loaded titles list has been fully listened, the radio will...
  • deltanovembre
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Using app in ford car

Following update last night, can no longer use phone to access spotify albums, etc in my fiesta - presumably can only navigate through app via car. More frustratingly, when I leave the car, I still can't access my app as it's stuck with the spotify /...

• Casual Listener
  • Following update last night, can no longer use phone to access spotify albums, etc in my fiesta - presumably can only navigate through app via car. More frustratingly, when I leave the car, I still&n...
  • Colin39
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

On not one of my devices it is possible to log in on my premium account. I tried to get a new pass word, but don't get any reaction. Spotify HELP!So difficult to get any further now.....eichlerann@gmail.com

• On not one of my devices it is possible to log in on my premium account. I tried to get a new pass word, but don't get any reaction. Spotify HELP! So difficult to get any further now..... eichleran...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • contact
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

why did my premium stop

Hi i was wondering why my Spotify trial stopped i had 3 months for £0.99 which i believe i ordered on the 24th of May or near that date but today it says im no longer with premium what happened?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i was wondering why my Spotify trial stopped i had 3 months for £0.99 which i believe i ordered on the 24th of May or near that date but today it says im no longer with premium what happened?
  • eye_brawl
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear S

I have the Gear S, did you will develop this app for it??

• I have the Gear S, did you will develop this app for it??
  • fenders
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

auto playing next song, but no soung

reboot my phone/log out my spotify accoumt/uninstall spotify with clean rest data/ not work, problem still exist,in fact, i am not the only one have this issue, one troubleshooting isto download the old version spotify (2015 version)and must not upda...

• reboot my phone/ log out my spotify accoumt/ uninstall spotify with clean rest data/   not work, problem still exist, in fact, i am not the only one have this issue,  one trouble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Reached download limit, removed songs, but still getting message that I reached limit...,

Hi, I reached the download limit (3333 songs), and I received a message to remove songs if I want to download more. I did this, but Im still getting a message that I reached limit... Anyone else had the same problem? How did you fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I reached the download limit (3333 songs), and I received a message to remove songs if I want to download more. I did this, but Im still getting a message that I reached limit...   An...
  • timothywildman
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes