Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade to Android 6.0 and access lost to microSD card

Hi,I have a LG G4 that had official Android 5.1 (no root)I upgraded to Android 6.0 and lost all music as OS changed microSD location somehow. Other programs work again when authorizing access properly, but Spotify doesn't have that and there is no wa...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have a LG G4 that had official Android 5.1 (no root) I upgraded to Android 6.0 and lost all music as OS changed microSD location somehow. Other programs work again when authorizing access pro...
  • bhauptmann
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 6.0
    LG G4
    microSD
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Android app not working on mobile data (Moto G)

Hello! My app doesn't work while on mobile data. It works perfectly on wi-fi and offline, but as soon as I go on data, it disconnects and the message GO ONLINE appears everywhere. I have an unlimited data plan and everything else on the phone works j...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   My app doesn't work while on mobile data. It works perfectly on wi-fi and offline, but as soon as I go on data, it disconnects and the message GO ONLINE appears everywhere. I have an ...
  • mrbeat88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

available songs

I have a samsung s3 and I have premium on my phone and pc. I added yestetday a new playlist on pc but I am not able to hear it on phone. When I open it on the phone I got the message: "ready to download". And now I also not able to play my local file...

• Visitor
  • I have a samsung s3 and I have premium on my phone and pc. I added yestetday a new playlist on pc but I am not able to hear it on phone. When I open it on the phone I got the message: "ready to downl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Download Any Offline Music - To SD Card or Device

My Virgin Mobile Galaxy S5 just upgraded to Marshmallow yesterday (4/16/16). Since then (possbily before - I haven't tried to download anything in the last week or two) I cannot download any music to SD card or device. I have tried all the tricks I c...

• Gig Goer
  • My Virgin Mobile Galaxy S5 just upgraded to Marshmallow yesterday (4/16/16). Since then (possbily before - I haven't tried to download anything in the last week or two) I cannot download any music to...
  • jimblatzheim
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving the same time multiple times

I was going through my songs and was surprised to see the same song as many as 5 times in a row. It's 2016 now and I feel like if I like a song on one Playlist I shouldn't have the option to do it on another one. I think there should be a patch to ma...

• I was going through my songs and was surprised to see the same song as many as 5 times in a row. It's 2016 now and I feel like if I like a song on one Playlist I shouldn't have the option to do it on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Qndroid App is slow and unresponsive

The android app is really slow. Changing artists and songs takes forever. Sometimes spotify is unresponsive. It also keeps saying that i'm offline while the wifi works perfect.Can you please resove these issues with an update or new version of the ap...

• The android app is really slow. Changing artists and songs takes forever. Sometimes spotify is unresponsive. It also keeps saying that i'm offline while the wifi works perfect. Can you please reso...
  • bertypreston
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

few problems / questions

i have few problems / questions, the support doesn't seem to read my questions at all so i am trying here1. i cannot delete songs when playing on the android device.2. Spotify never says what's new / fixed with the new update at the play store, why ?...

• Music Fan
  • i have few problems / questions, the support doesn't seem to read my questions at all so i am trying here 1. i cannot delete songs when playing on the android device. 2. Spotify never says wha...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android deletes downloaded Albums!

Hi all, First post here, took me longer than I'd like to admit to find out how to post, but I got there! So I have spotify student premium (have had for like 3 years) and got it on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone. I recently got a new 64GB SD card an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   First post here, took me longer than I'd like to admit to find out how to post, but I got there!   So I have spotify student premium (have had for like 3 years) and got it on ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No me es posible el uso de la memoria SD Android 6.0/I can not use the SD memory Android 6.0

Cuento con un equipo Motorola G3 (XT1543), Andorid 6.0 , del cual no me es posible utilizar la memoria externa, delimitandome el uso y descarga de mis play list. Como puedo cambiar el lugar de almacenamiento? I can not use the SD memory Android 6.0 I...

• Visitor
  • Cuento con un equipo Motorola G3 (XT1543), Andorid 6.0 , del cual no me es posible utilizar la memoria externa, delimitandome el uso y descarga de mis play list. Como puedo cambiar el lugar de almace...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android screen comes to foreground during ad creating distraction during driving

I have Spotify (5.10.849) playing in the background and Google Maps in the foreground of my Nexus 5 Android (6.0.1) phone. Recently I noticed that during ads which say something like 'Click on the banner to get 30 minutes of ad free music' that the S...

• I have Spotify (5.10.849) playing in the background and Google Maps in the foreground of my Nexus 5 Android (6.0.1) phone. Recently I noticed that during ads which say something like 'Click on the ba...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Long pauses between songs

Just updated my phone to Marshmallow, and now I'm seeing issues with how the app is working on my phone. Normally I hit shuffle and listen to music while I work, however, today I'm experiencing either long pauses between one song ending and the next ...

• Just updated my phone to Marshmallow, and now I'm seeing issues with how the app is working on my phone. Normally I hit shuffle and listen to music while I work, however, today I'm experiencing eithe...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Failing to launch my playlists

Premium user here, downloaded 5 playlists, of which 3 are my own, one from Spotify UK and one from my friend. I have every song on all 5 synced on my phone, yet 2 of them (the ones I listen every day) are now showing as unavaible if I got no internet...

• Visitor
  • Premium user here, downloaded 5 playlists, of which 3 are my own, one from Spotify UK and one from my friend. I have every song on all 5 synced on my phone, yet 2 of them (the ones I listen ever...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot delete windows media player folder

somebody tell me how do I delete windows media player folder on spotify

• somebody tell me how do I delete windows media player folder on spotify
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete folder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders (AGAIN)

3rd time asking for help deleting folders (which should be as simple as hitting one button). I could care less that you are sorry for inconvenience FIX THE PROBLEM.

• Casual Listener
  • 3rd time asking for help deleting folders (which should be as simple as hitting one button). I could care less that you are sorry for inconvenience FIX THE PROBLEM.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify losts bluetooth connection

I'm using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3). Lately, when I listen to Spotify through my mobile phone, which is linked with bluetooth to a LG soundbar, the bluetooth connection breaks up after every song and it needs to be reconnected aft...

• Regular
  • I'm using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3). Lately, when I listen to Spotify through my mobile phone, which is linked with bluetooth to a LG soundbar, the bluetooth connection breaks up ...
  • jonifister
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Storage of music to SD Card

I have tried to follow the steps for storage of music to an SD Card but when I get to the step 'storage' it's NOT available in settings.

• Visitor
  • I have tried to follow the steps for storage of music to an SD Card but when I get to the step 'storage' it's NOT available in settings.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist order

Some of my playlists have changed to alphabetical order, not date added. Any ideas how i can change this back?

• Casual Listener
  • Some of my playlists have changed to alphabetical order, not date added. Any ideas how i can change this back?
  • rossmsw
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Complaint: There's a new window pane when I view Playlists that is pretty useless...

Nexus 7 2013: I updated to Marshmallow over the weekend, and I assume Spotify updated shortly after because now there is a window pane between the playlists and the tracks in playlist view that was not there before. Problem is, this is UTTERLY USELES...

• Nexus 7 2013:  I updated to Marshmallow over the weekend, and I assume Spotify updated shortly after because now there is a window pane between the playlists and the tracks in playlist view that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist feature
    please fix
    Useless
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play over other apps on LG Risio

I have tried other android solutions I have seen on this forums but it hasn't helped me. I wanted to play the games Kingdom Rush or Bloons Monkey City with their own sound muted so I could listen to Three Days Grace.

• I have tried other android solutions I have seen on this forums but it hasn't helped me. I wanted to play the games Kingdom Rush or Bloons Monkey City with their own sound muted so I could listen to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

white noise at the end of the song..

Hello everybody! Ive been listening to this song:https://open.spotify.com/track/492C0QzNekBTzSk9eMCAOL and 3:12 minutes into the song, there is this mindnumbing, white noise. Why? Has anyone else ever experienced this? What can I do to make it go awa...

• Hello everybody!   Ive been listening to this song: https://open.spotify.com/track/492C0QzNekBTzSk9eMCAOL   and 3:12 minutes into the song, there is this mindnumbing, white noise. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes