Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MOTO E SAVE OFFLINE PLAYLIST' S on SD Card is not working

Hi I just bought a brand new MOTO E and put Spotify on it.The Problem is that my offline playlsit are saved on my internal storage. Not on the brand new 32 GB micro sd card (which works!)I tried a lot of solutions from the forum here. empty cache red...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I just bought a brand new MOTO E and put Spotify on it. The Problem is that my offline playlsit are saved on my internal storage. Not on the brand new 32 GB micro sd card  (which works...
  • Cryptus
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Doesn't Work on Android 5.0.1 - WTF?!

Hi all, Updated my operating system on Samsung Galaxy S4 last week, and spotify completely stopped working. Super lame as I'm paying for this app! Have tried to reinstall as per here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshoot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Updated my operating system on Samsung Galaxy S4 last week, and spotify completely stopped working. Super lame as I'm paying for this app!   Have tried to reinstall as per her...
  • carloscaliche2
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I paid but says the payment was not made

It has come in the making of the card that I paid this month's Spotify, but when I open Spotify says I do not efetuei payment, does anyone know the problem or something?

• Casual Listener
  • It has come in the making of the card that I paid this month's Spotify, but when I open Spotify says I do not efetuei payment, does anyone know the problem or something?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

new update - never ending loading green wheel

This needs to be fixed ASAP. You guys keep screwing up after every update and I'm paying for this service. Nothing loads and I'm starting to wonder why I keep paying for a service that always breaks.

• Gig Goer
  • This needs to be fixed ASAP. You guys keep screwing up after every update and I'm paying for this service. Nothing loads and I'm starting to wonder why I keep paying for a service that always breaks.
  • Pooptify
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Android powers down and restarts when I try playing a song

Hello, I have a Motorola Droid Razr M (android version 4.1.2) running the latest version of spotify (2.9.0.890) and this issue started ever since I updated to this version of spotify. When I am connected to bluetooth on my 2013 Ford Escape, I am unab...

• Hello,   I have a Motorola Droid Razr M (android version 4.1.2) running the latest version of spotify (2.9.0.890) and this issue started ever since I updated to this version of spotify. When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
    droid razr m
    motorola
    shut down
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm Android app updated, scrobbling Spotify et al now

Yesterday an update of the official Last.fm Android app was released in the AppStore:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.last.androidYou can scrobble Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer, Rdio, Google Play et al with an offline scrobble cache now...

• Roadie
  • Yesterday an update of the official Last.fm Android app was released in the AppStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.last.android You can scrobble Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm for android
    offline scrobble cache
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how can i get my playlists to work wen i am offline?

Hi I have spotify premium from vodafone and I went online to mark the playlists to available offline for the ones I will listen a lot of but thoses playlists still wont work offline. why is that?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have spotify premium from vodafone and I went online to mark the playlists to available offline for the ones I will listen a lot of but thoses playlists still wont work offline. why is that?
  • rharris
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Really don't like the new design in landscape!

Hi guys, I love the new desgin when in portrait mode however it looks aweful and disjointed in landscape, I primarily use spotify on my android headunit which is obvously always in landscape mode and the athstetics and usablity have decreased conside...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi guys, I love the new desgin when in portrait mode however it looks aweful and disjointed in landscape, I primarily use spotify on my android headunit which is obvously always in landscape mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stopping after 1 1/2 songs - not streaming properly

I have Spotify premium and when I go to any of my playlists and play a song, it only plays for about 4-5 minutes and then it abruptly STOPS, not pauses, but fully stops and I need to go back into my playlist and either select the song to play from th...

• I have Spotify premium and when I go to any of my playlists and play a song, it only plays for about 4-5 minutes and then it abruptly STOPS, not pauses, but fully stops and I need to go back into my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No one wants to listen to interviews while shuffle playing

Maybe make some kind of tag for interviews and either ask the user if the want to add the interveiws to their shuffle play or just disclude them.

• Casual Listener
  • Maybe make some kind of tag for interviews and either ask the user if the want to add the interveiws to their shuffle play or just disclude them.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I get rid of the retarted scroll bar for androi app

Half the time i go to click the options button for a song, it activates your oversensitive scroll bar. And instead of being able to add a song to a playlist like I intended, I get whipped half way down the screen. Then i got to scroll back up, look f...

• Casual Listener
  • Half the time i go to click the options button for a song, it activates your oversensitive scroll bar. And instead of being able to add a song to a playlist like I intended, I get whipped half way do...
  • Thisishayden
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Android App
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Selective Offline save

I should be able to save my songs offline on certain devices only if I want. I don't want to dump everything offline onto my laptop, but just onto my phone. Is there a way to do this?

• I should be able to save my songs offline on certain devices only if I want. I don't want to dump everything offline onto my laptop, but just onto my phone. Is there a way to do this?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
    Offline Access
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (3.0)

What's new in this version (3.0) New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look. New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player. Fictitious: This app contains only artificial additives.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  •   What's new in this version (3.0)   New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look. New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player. Fictitious: ...
  • charnode
  • Casual Listener
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes

No connection to the internet wlan

HiSince one week I can't connect to the internet with the Spotify app. But it works over the mobile network. I tryed all what stands here but it didn't helped. I tryed to reinstall the app, to restart the router and to restart my mobile. I become in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Since one week I can't connect to the internet with the Spotify app. But it works over the mobile network. I tryed all what stands here but it didn't helped. I tryed to reinstall the app, to rest...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect to internet

I tried browsing for music but the message "No internet connection availble" appears at the bottom. I am connected to wifi on my phone and all my other apps work online perfectly so why doesn't this one? If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply....

• Casual Listener
  • I tried browsing for music but the message "No internet connection availble" appears at the bottom.  I am connected to wifi on my phone and all my other apps work online perfectly so why doesn't...
  • ghostkey
  • Regular
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading

Hi,I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?

• Hi, I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Update to 3.0.0.1124, but no new design

I got updated to the new 3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out independet from the app version or is there something wrong wi...

• Roadie
  • I got updated to the new  3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out indep...
  • ZanePacker
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! spotify app will stop when using chrome browser?

Hello all, as stated in the subject I have the app running (premium user) and music plays fine on my non rooted sony xperia z1 running fully up to date lollypop. I then open chrome and browse and it will stop the music and close Spotify. If I do the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all, as stated in the subject I have the app running (premium user) and music plays fine on my non rooted sony xperia z1 running fully up to date lollypop. I then open chrome and browse and it ...
  • AciDCooL
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline.The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connected, now there's no more way.Reinstalling and clearing...

• Music Fan
  • My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline. The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connect...
  • hanslowbot
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes