Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't control music and see the name with bluetooth car radio with my Huawei P7

I just can't skip or pause music nor see the now playing on the screen of my JVC bluetooth car stereo which worked totally fine until 1 week ago. Other music apps work just fine like it should. Maybe an update screwed it up? Also, do my offline playl...

• Casual Listener
  • I just can't skip or pause music nor see the now playing on the screen of my JVC bluetooth car stereo which worked totally fine until 1 week ago. Other music apps work just fine like it should. Maybe...
  • rh8512
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • car stereo Bluetooth huawei p7 control skip pause not working
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Same playlist different number of songs

For some reason when I access my main playlist from my HTC Desire 610 it says I have 1,802 songs when on my laptop it says I have 1,795 songs. Is there any way to fix this?

• For some reason when I access my main playlist from my HTC Desire 610 it says I have 1,802 songs when on my laptop it says I have 1,795 songs. Is there any way to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! faniky plan

how can I combine five current separate accounts into one family plan?

• Casual Listener
  • how can I combine five current separate accounts into one family plan?
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest version of Spotify for Android?

Where can I find release notes for latest version of Spotify for Android?I went here but could not find the latest one. Latest one is 4.6 but here 3.x version is being notified.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Community-Blog/Release-notes-Spo...

• Roadie
  • Where can I find release notes for latest version of Spotify for Android? I went here but could not find the latest one. Latest one is 4.6 but here 3.x version is being notified. https://comm...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.3
    Android 5.0.2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to share on android

I am trying to share a song to a friend to their Spotify account but I am unable to send it. When I tap select recipient there is no drop down menu to select username. I type their username in and write a message but the send button isn't doing anyth...

• I am trying to share a song to a friend to their Spotify account but I am unable to send it. When I tap select recipient there is no drop down menu to select username. I type their username in and wr...
  • Chris_D
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • direct message
    Messaging
    sharing
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Songs not playing?

I'm on an android device and I have Spotify premium. If I try to play a song, I get no audio but the seconds will tick down on the timer as if it was playing. If I press the pause button the timer goes back to zero. I've reinstalled the app and resta...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on an android device and I have Spotify premium. If I try to play a song, I get no audio but the seconds will tick down on the timer as if it was playing. If I press the pause button the timer go...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Poblem transfer Offline Files to Note 4

I can't transfer offline files to my mobile....... 

•    I can't transfer offline files to my mobile.......  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cuenta Premium

Hola mi cuenta de Spotify me sale como si ya no es Premium y estoy pagando el grupo familiar, no se por que pasa esto

• Hola mi cuenta de Spotify me sale como si ya no es Premium y estoy pagando el grupo familiar, no se por que pasa esto
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play music on my anroid

I have used the app on my phone for a long time and now for some reason i am not able to play antyhing on it. When i hit the shuffle button it tells me to watch an adverticment (which there are none to watch and then tells me I should get premium. I ...

• I have used the app on my phone for a long time and now for some reason i am not able to play antyhing on it.  When i hit the shuffle button it tells me to watch an adverticment (which there are...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot find Local Files on Android

hey everyone, I recently found out that I could sync files to my mobile devices via "Local FIles" and have set up my sources. However, when I try to find them no matter where I look I cant find them. Its not in my Playlists, or Songs. Someone please ...

• Visitor
  • hey everyone, I recently found out that I could sync files to my mobile devices via "Local FIles" and have set up my sources. However, when I try to find them no matter where I look I cant find them....
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Spotify Connect] No connection possible to iRoberts Stream 2

Hello everyone, I am using a Huawei Honor P7. After an update to Android 6.0 was installed yesterday it is not longer possible to connect with my radio. It is still working with my Laptop, so the problem is on the phone side. I installed the latest v...

• Hello everyone,   I am using a Huawei Honor P7. After an update to Android 6.0 was installed yesterday it is not longer possible to connect with my radio. It is still working with my Laptop, s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops between songs

hi,since my 3 months premium subscription ended 1 week ago i started to use the free version of spotify. since then i got problems while using the 3g connection: im able to play one or two songs but then it stops (the song doesn't seem like is paused...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, since my 3 months premium subscription ended 1 week ago i started to use the free version of spotify. since then i got problems while using the 3g connection: im able to play one or two songs bu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Christine cara (here alessia) gone??

Can any body tell me what's happened to her?? Disappeared off earth! Can't find it anywhere!?

• Can any body tell me what's happened to her?? Disappeared off earth! Can't find it anywhere!?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scroll wheel

Dear Spotify, I have some own created playlists where I have lots of music that I love. +1500 songs. What I loved about Android phones is that I could really easily scroll though the whole list on the right side of the phone. Now that featured dissap...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify,   I have some own created playlists where I have lots of music that I love. +1500 songs.  What I loved about Android phones is that I could really easily scroll though the ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

Next song playing but no sound

When a song finishes the next song automatically starts but there is no sound (the progress bar is counting). If i pause, rewind or MANUALLY start the song there is volume. This is very annoying because i have to interact with spotify if i want to ke...

• When a song finishes the next song automatically starts but there is no sound (the progress bar is counting). If i pause, rewind or MANUALLY start the song there is volume. This is very annoying beca...
  • Symphoniesoldat
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Following artists disappear

I have Android 6.0.1 and Spotify 4.9.0.992When I search for an artist and check it to follow then it appears on my 'your lib/artists/all atrists' ...But after a while it is gone from that list ... annoyingSearching again for tha same artist shows tha...

• Music Fan
  • I have Android 6.0.1 and Spotify 4.9.0.992 When I search for an artist and check it to follow then it appears on my 'your lib/artists/all atrists' ... But after a while it is gone from that list .....
  • zzrock85
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Last song forgotten

Dear community, some time ago, Spotify for Android always memorized which song was played last when the app was closed and then reopened. After an update, this ability was lost and I thought that this was just a bug and the function would reappear. B...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   some time ago, Spotify for Android always memorized which song was played last when the app was closed and then reopened. After an update, this ability was lost and I thought...
  • maxkma
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd card (i tried all the forum answers)

DescriptionSpotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd cardExample:When I try to download a playlist on my Android device (Lollipop 5.1 / BQ Aquaris M4.5 Firmware 1.1.2), the playlist doesn't stores on the sdcard.What are the steps you took to ...

• Description Spotify doesn't stores offline playlist on the sd card Example: When I try to download a playlist on my Android device (Lollipop 5.1 / BQ Aquaris M4.5 Firmware 1.1.2), the playli...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify running not working on multiple devices with same account

Hi there, Brief description of the issue: I have a strange issue with Spotify running. A few weeks ago I started getting the following message when I tired to use "Running": Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go. The i...

• Hi there,   Brief description of the issue: I have a strange issue with Spotify running. A few weeks ago  I started getting the following message when I tired to use "Running": ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crushes and unsupported file error on SD Card

I have a problem with spotify on my mobile. When I download songs for offilne mode,after view days or hours I get unsupported file error and lose all songs on my SD Card (only way to fix it is formating card after error.)When I get this error every t...

• I have a problem with spotify on my mobile. When I download songs for offilne mode, after view days or hours I get unsupported file error and lose all songs on my SD Card (only way to fix it is form...
  • Magik420
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes