Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 6.0 Marshmallow Storage Problem

Hi, I'm on Moto X 2013 XT1058 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I install Spotify app from Google Play and when I open it, I get a erro warning that app didn't find storage system.Could anyone help me? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm on Moto X 2013 XT1058 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I install Spotify app from Google Play and when I open it, I get a erro warning that app didn't find storage system. Could anyone...
  • derevandal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

music deleted

My music delete again for the third time im tired andy sick of this **bleep**in app

• My music delete again for the third time im tired andy sick of this **bleep**in app
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing music

I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z5 compact and I registered Spotify with it but it does not play music through Spotify, but all other apps play sound?

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z5 compact and I registered Spotify with it but it does not play music through Spotify, but all other apps play sound?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sony z5 compact no sound
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing music

I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z5 compact and I registered Spotify with it but it does not play music through Spotify, but all other apps play sound?

• Casual Listener
  • I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z5 compact and I registered Spotify with it but it does not play music through Spotify, but all other apps play sound?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

no sound playing after few songs

premium user here. there's no sound playing after few songs. if you stop and play or click previous track the sound comes back. i have tried logging in and out, uninstall the app, reboot and even reset my phone just to get it working but no luck. has...

• Casual Listener
  • premium user here. there's no sound playing after few songs. if you stop and play or click previous track the sound comes back. i have tried logging in and out, uninstall the app, reboot and even res...
  • Metamora
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Security
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing continuously

I've clean installed 3 or so times, tried turning off hapless play as well as crossfade, and changed quality. I have still been unable to figure out why songs aren't playing consecutively.

• Regular
  • I've clean installed 3 or so times, tried turning off hapless play as well as crossfade, and changed quality. I have still been unable to figure out why songs aren't playing consecutively.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Strange playlists and some one controlling my spotify on android device

Since a couple of weeks. I find strange playlists on my spotify. Which i did not add myself. Also a couple of weeks ago, i was using my phone and it constantly kept changing to a particular album (frozen soundtrack which i never ever would listen to)...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a couple of weeks. I find strange playlists on my spotify. Which i did not add myself.  Also a couple of weeks ago, i was using my phone and it constantly kept changing to a particular al...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"devices available" BUG

I found a bug! Device: Sony Xperia E4G When wifi is turned on, a "Chromecast" always appear in the "devices available" section. To exclude it isn't my neighbours Chromecast, I turned on wifi while taking a walk in the woods, and the "Chromecast" ghos...

• Regular
  • I found a bug!   Device: Sony Xperia E4G   When wifi is turned on, a "Chromecast" always appear in the "devices available" section.   To exclude it isn't my neighbours Chromecast...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Tempo Matching on Nexus 5

I have the Google Nexus 5 and it does not have the tempo matching feature in Spotify Running. I also have a Zenfone 2 that has the feature enabled. I understand not all Android phones have the feature enabled, but the Nexus 5 has a pedometer, acceler...

• I have the Google Nexus 5 and it does not have the tempo matching feature in Spotify Running. I also have a Zenfone 2 that has the feature enabled. I understand not all Android phones have the featur...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to local files offline on Android

I performed the following steps to download my local files off my desktop onto my Samsung Galaxy S4: 1. Added the source folder of all my local files in the desktop Spotify app.2. Added some of those local files into a playlist.3. Clicked "Available ...

• Casual Listener
  • I performed the following steps to download my local files off my desktop onto my Samsung Galaxy S4:   1. Added the source folder of all my local files in the desktop Spotify app. 2. Added so...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop local files not downloading on Samsung Galaxy S7

Ok so I just switched from Apple Music and switched from an iPhone 5S, and I tried to use Apple Music on android, but its flat out garbage, and just felt like trash. My phone plan came with a free premium spotify so i said why not. However one thing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so I just switched from Apple Music and switched from an iPhone 5S, and I tried to use Apple Music on android, but its flat out garbage, and just felt like trash. My phone plan came with a free pr...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck in Offline Mode

For the day, I've been stuck in offline mode on my android Samsung Galaxy s3. Spotify won't download my playlists, not even when cellular data has been enabled. At the top of various playlists that I'm trying to download, it says "go online to downlo...

• For the day, I've been stuck in offline mode on my android Samsung Galaxy s3.   Spotify won't download my playlists, not even when cellular data has been enabled. At the top of various playl...
  • poettone
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely slow startup.

Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004. I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them. Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even after rebooting. Kinda hard to fix when I'm driving. Tried switching to offline mo...

• Roadie
  • Android Version 4.4.2, Spotify Version 4.8.0.1004.      I think its trying to update all the playlists, I have a ton off them.  Sometimes a startup takes a few minutes, even a...
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Increase / decrease the speed of music

Hello guys,I have this doubt, it is possible with spotify app or any other android app (with spotify integration) to increase or decrease the speed of a song?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys, I have this doubt, it is possible with spotify app or any other android app (with spotify integration) to increase or decrease the speed of a song?
  • sampaiopt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

switching songs to offline mode

HeyI just got a free 2 year spotify subscription with my phone company and am trying to switch all the songs on my galaxy nexus 5 to be able to play offline.I've managed to switch about 300 of them bust suddenly it stopped downloading all the rest to...

• Hey I just got a free 2 year spotify subscription with my phone company and am trying to switch all the songs on my galaxy nexus 5 to be able to play offline. I've managed to switch about 300 of th...
  • Keats87
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shazam & Spotify

Why Spotify is no longer connected to Shazam?

• Casual Listener
  • Why Spotify is no longer connected to Shazam?
  • Jayb72
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not find freind on spotify

HI, I have a issue were I am not able to find one of my friends on spotify. I am not sure if the issue is on my friends end or my end. I am able to follow my friend. Note that I do have my freind on facebook and we both use spotify through our facebo...

• Casual Listener
  • HI,   I have a issue were I am not able to find one of my friends on spotify. I am not sure if the issue is on my friends end or my end. I am able to follow my friend. Note that I do have my f...
  • phecalface
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline playlist

I pay Spotify Premium when I downloaded the app, I use for four months and create some playlist to listen offline, but now all my playlist and musics aren't playable offline, my premium count is over.. But, my musics aren't playable and I need pay ag...

• Casual Listener
  • I pay Spotify Premium when I downloaded the app, I use for four months and create some playlist to listen offline, but now all my playlist and musics aren't playable offline, my premium count is over...
  • andrebuchalle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Every song is suddenly missing from Songs, Albums and Artists

Weirdly enough, all of the songs are still saved but isn't showing up. Playlists are fine too. On desktop version, all the songs are still there.

• Casual Listener
  • Weirdly enough, all of the songs are still saved but isn't showing up. Playlists are fine too. On desktop version, all the songs are still there. 
  • Dezeyte
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes