Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify doesnt work with my home wifi

As I said, the Spotify ap doesn't seem to find a connection when I'm connected to my own wifi, if I connect my device to any other wifi it works greatly, but not on mine, it says I have no connection at all, even when I'm using the wifi on other apps...

• As I said, the Spotify ap doesn't seem to find a connection when I'm connected to my own wifi, if I connect my device to any other wifi it works greatly, but not on mine, it says I have no connection...
  • TiellySt
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about the data.

Hello, I'm using spotify on android 5.1.1 with an xperia Z3 compact. And, I think, when I use spotify, I use too much data. For exemple, when I listen a song wich is 4minutes, I use 16mo of data.For me, it's not normal, because I listen in normal qua...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm using spotify on android 5.1.1 with an xperia Z3 compact.   And, I think, when I use spotify, I use too much data. For exemple, when I listen a song wich is 4minutes, I use...
  • tifil
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is 'running'??

the running option has completely vanished from my phone. I can't find it anywhere. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and restarting my phone, nothing is bringing it back. Wen i log back in to spotify after downloading it again it br...

• the running option has completely vanished from my phone.  I can't find it anywhere.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and restarting my phone, nothing is bringing it back...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Running
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify stops between every 2 songs

Why am I paying for a premium service if no one seems to figure out the problem...I think I'm going to Apple music!

• Why am I paying for a premium service if no one seems to figure out the problem...I think I'm going to Apple music!
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs with Premium

As much as I love using Spotify, I hate having suggested songs played when I shuffle a play list. I only just subscribed to premium and the only reason I did it was to avoid suggested songs (I can deal with adverts). So Spotify either give payed user...

• As much as I love using Spotify, I hate having suggested songs played when I shuffle a play list. I only just subscribed to premium and the only reason I did it was to avoid suggested songs (I can de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i move spotify to my sd card?

I initially downloaded spotify to my phone storage and wanna see if anyone knows how to move it to my sd card

• I initially downloaded spotify to my phone storage and wanna see if anyone knows how to move it to my sd card
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Sony Xperia M4]Language detection not working

Hi, I just installed Spotify on a Sony Xperia M4, fully updated OS, configured with language+location Portuguese/Portugal.Although the phone's interface is fully in portuguese, Spotify is in English. When I used this account on the web site, everythi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just installed Spotify on a Sony Xperia M4, fully updated OS, configured with language+location Portuguese/Portugal. Although the phone's interface is fully in portuguese, Spotify is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists partially resync every time i open spotify

EVERY time I start spotify it has to resync offline tracks. Varies from a few % to 50% of all my offline tunes. This has been going on for months now. I've been in touch with Spotify support but everything they tell me to do has failed to fix fault. ...

• Regular
  • EVERY time I start spotify it has to resync offline tracks. Varies from a few % to 50% of all my offline tunes.   This has been going on for months now. I've been in touch with Spotify support...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • resyncing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't save to SD card whatever I try.

Hi, I've been trying to get Spotify to save my downloaded music to the external storage for weeks now. I've followed the Q&A, the suggestions on the forums and whatever Google threw at me, for example: - I made sure my external storage is way larger ...

• Hi,   I've been trying to get Spotify to save my downloaded music to the external storage for weeks now. I've followed the Q&A, the suggestions on the forums and whatever Google threw at m...
  • Nomeansno
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • sd card
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Adanmartiinez

Si deposite en el oxxo para tener premium y no me deja tener los beneficios de premium que hago?

• Si deposite en el oxxo para tener premium y no me deja tener los beneficios de premium que hago?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unable to register my offline songs

Hi, I got a really annoying issue regarding my Offline Songs on my Phone.From time to time, spotfiy claims that my songs aren't saved offline on my phone, even though my data memory says that spotify takes around 14gb on my sd-card, which have to be ...

• Regular
  • Hi, I got a really annoying issue regarding my Offline Songs on my Phone. From time to time, spotfiy claims that my songs aren't saved offline on my phone, even though my data memory says that spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No facebook

I deleted my facebook yesterday and unfortunately was my spotify connected to facebook .Since I do not know how to sign upGoogle translate

• I deleted my facebook yesterday and unfortunately was my spotify connected to facebook . Since I do not know how to sign up Google translate
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete songs completely

I have tried repeatedly to delete songs without success. When a song is playing from "my music" I click the check and the X appears and a box comes up stating "removed from your music." This does nothing. The deselected song continues to play from my...

• I have tried repeatedly to delete songs without success.  When a song is playing from "my music" I click the check and the X appears and a box comes up stating "removed from your music."  T...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete songs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music available offline switch

Is there any possibility of moving the available offline switch to maybe a menu or something less easily accessible. I don't know how many times I've downloaded my playlists and then accidentally hit the make available switch to have no downloaded mu...

• Is there any possibility of moving the available offline switch to maybe a menu or something less easily accessible. I don't know how many times I've downloaded my playlists and then accidentally hit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Make available offline switch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo pasar la musica a mi sd

Ya realice el procedimiento de borrar y volver a descargar toda mi música pero aun así sigue descargándose en mi interna que puedo hacer?

• Ya realice el procedimiento de borrar y volver a descargar toda mi música pero aun así sigue descargándose en mi interna que puedo hacer?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant look up any music

I cant look up any music on my android, it's not giving me the option to search music or look at my playlists

• I cant look up any music on my android, it's not giving me the option to search music or look at my playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP LOCAL FILES IN ANDROID DOESN´T DOWNLOAD

please, i don´t know how can i fix that.i download songs to my netbook windows and i create a playlist. but when i wanna download those songs to my android i can´t.

• please, i don´t know how can i fix that. i download songs to my netbook windows and i create a playlist. but when i wanna download those songs to my android i can´t.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid money for a free month trial???

So i went to Target and bought the ten dollar gift card. And I'm new to Spotify so I got the thing where it was a free 30 day trial. I put it in assuming I was going to get the free month and another month with the 10 dollars but now that the first m...

• So i went to Target and bought the ten dollar gift card. And I'm new to Spotify so I got the thing where it was a free 30 day trial. I put it in assuming I was going to get the free month and another...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Party

Party new feature not working. I just updated the app on android, but when I click party on browse section, nothing happens

• Casual Listener
  • Party new feature not working. I just updated the app on android, but when I click party on browse section, nothing happens
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card saving very unstable

When I run spotify for the first time with an SD card, it saves to it fine. But after every phone restart, it seems to forget all saved data on the SD card and redownload to internal storage, eating up my wifi data volume and storage space. I then ha...

• Casual Listener
  • When I run spotify for the first time with an SD card, it saves to it fine. But after every phone restart, it seems to forget all saved data on the SD card and redownload to internal storage, eating ...
  • yawkat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes