Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Son haché et coupé en 4G !

Bonne application, mais gros problème le son est haché et saccadé en 4G / H+ / 3G+. Pas moyen d'écouter une musique sans coupure à moins de mettre le chargement en pause et de le reprendre. Je précise que: j'utilise spotify en gratuit avec la plus fa...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonne application, mais gros problème le son est haché et saccadé en 4G / H+ / 3G+. Pas moyen d'écouter une musique sans coupure à moins de mettre le chargement en pause et de le reprendre. Je précis...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4G
    streaming quality
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

T-Hub 2 spotify app shuts down on your music drop down

Hi i have an issues with app on T-Hub 2, it has been working fine for the past few months and this week once you select the your music drop down it shuts the app and you cant reopen without it shutting down straight away. i have uninstalled and re-in...

• Not applicable
  • Hi i have an issues with app on T-Hub 2, it has been working fine for the past few months and this week once you select the your music drop down it shuts the app and you cant reopen without it shutti...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't search music

The last two days every time I try to search music Spotify will close and send me to my home page.on my phone??

• The last two days every time I try to search music Spotify will close and send me to my home page.on my phone??
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android help Running fast

Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my tablet What I expected t...

• Not applicable
  • Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

My Local Files are not on my Phone!

I bought the new AC/DC Album, wanted it in an Spotify Playlist on my Android Phone. I can see the Tracks at the Spotify Android App, but they are not playable in on- an offline mode. Why?

• Casual Listener
  • I bought the new AC/DC Album, wanted it in an Spotify Playlist on my Android Phone. I can see the Tracks at the Spotify Android App, but they are not playable in on- an offline mode. Why?
  • nsnyderxc
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

No more Spotify App for Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Which Spotify App version is the last one that works for this Galaxy Tab and where can i get it?

• Casual Listener
  • Which Spotify App version is the last one that works for this Galaxy Tab and where can i get it?
  • liftwartbertl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect issues with Car Bluetooth.

I have an ap that starts Spotify when ever I connect my phone to blue tooth. So that when I get in my car and turn it on the phone automaticaly turns on spotify. That way I don't have to mess with my phone every time I get in the car. The issue is th...

• I have an ap that starts Spotify when ever I connect my phone to blue tooth.  So that when I get in my car and turn it on the phone automaticaly turns on spotify.  That way I don't have to ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Moto G - Downloaded tracks keep dissapearing

Hi, got a brand new Moto G and having a big issue with spotify. I cannot use the offline feature as spotify will not save downloaded tracks. I have downloaded my entire collection THREE TIMES since yesterday (about ~1100 tracks). Everytime I quit the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   got a brand new Moto G and having a big issue with spotify. I cannot use the offline feature as spotify will not save downloaded tracks. I have downloaded my entire collection THREE TI...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash

I have a kindle fire hd 8' 9". When i open the app it crashes unless i can quickly get out of the my songs/playlist tab. if i can get out the 0.5 seconds before it crashes the app works like a charm so long as i stay away from that section. i cleared...

• I have a kindle fire hd 8' 9". When i open the app it crashes unless i can quickly get out of the my songs/playlist tab. if i can get out  the 0.5 seconds before it crashes the app works like a ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline música skipping

I bought a new tablet, and the offline list always skip. Every few seconds the song stops and continues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens with the new stuff I downloaded. The tablet is brand new, and I haven't really loaded...

• I bought a new tablet, and the offline list always skip. Every few seconds the song stops and continues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens with the new stuff I downloaded. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    skips
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android Problem

Basically when I listen to Spotify on my mobile, get a thing where it seems to want to cast to device that's not even mine. Anyway to stop this. Many thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • Basically when I listen to Spotify on my mobile, get a thing where it seems to want to cast to device that's not even mine.  Anyway to stop this.  Many thanks in advance.
  • Timalay
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded song playing but no sound and no album picture

I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and no sound while some of the songs playing without pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

the music plays but the audio stopps in some areas of the song

While playing a song on android s4 galaxy most current spotify release often the audio stops while the play moves forward. Some areas of the songtimeline are playing - some not. When i go to the previous song and back it works in most cases.

• While playing a song on android s4 galaxy most current spotify release often the audio stops while the play moves forward. Some areas of the songtimeline are playing - some not. When i go to the prev...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Start Spotify Connect on AVR: volume?

Hi From Android application I start a playlist on my Denon avr via Spotify Connect. But the volume is not synced, is it OK? It is displayed as zero level, but touching it behaves correctly. So I do not know at what level is the volume. Is it a bug or...

• Community Legend
  • Hi From Android application I start a playlist on my Denon avr via Spotify Connect. But the volume is not synced, is it OK? It is displayed as zero level, but touching it behaves correctly. So I do n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! HTC M8 Widget very Buggy

Hello Community First i wanted to ask if someone else has the same issue before i post it in the "Ongoing Issues" Topic. He doesn't reinstalled cause he has about 2500 songs and he don't want to resync all. So this is just a general question if someo...

• Community Legend
  • Hello Community 🙂  First i wanted to ask if someone else has the same issue before i post it in the "Ongoing Issues" Topic. He doesn't reinstalled cause he has about 2500 songs and he don't...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changed download quality--will it apply to existing songs?

Hello, I changed download quality in the Android app from Normal to High. Will this convert my previously downloaded songs to the higher quality, or will I need to re-download them?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I changed download quality in the Android app from Normal to High. Will this convert my previously downloaded songs to the higher quality, or will I need to re-download them?
  • sumo29
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! My Equalizer feature disappeared !

Ummmm?? I used to have Equalizer in my settings under playback. Now it's gone? What is the deal?

• Regular
  • Ummmm?? I used to have Equalizer in my settings under playback. Now it's gone? What is the deal?
  • ToneLa
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 9 likes

Where is My Music on Android?

I can enter My Music from my desktop, but not any longer through my Android Device. It's simply not a part of the menu. Does anybody know why? I am a premium user.

• I can enter My Music from my desktop, but not any longer through my Android Device. It's simply not a part of the menu. Does anybody know why? I am a premium user.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Mobile as Streaming Client

Hello, i have an old android mobile and I want to use this on my stereo system as a spotify player. This works great but when I try to control it via spotify connect it does not work. Is the spotify connect function only working from android to mac a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i have an old android mobile and I want to use this on my stereo system as a spotify player. This works great but when I try to control it via spotify connect it does not work. Is the spotify ...
  • robi_h
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes