Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant look up any music

I cant look up any music on my android, it's not giving me the option to search music or look at my playlists

• I cant look up any music on my android, it's not giving me the option to search music or look at my playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP LOCAL FILES IN ANDROID DOESN´T DOWNLOAD

please, i don´t know how can i fix that.i download songs to my netbook windows and i create a playlist. but when i wanna download those songs to my android i can´t.

• please, i don´t know how can i fix that. i download songs to my netbook windows and i create a playlist. but when i wanna download those songs to my android i can´t.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Paid money for a free month trial???

So i went to Target and bought the ten dollar gift card. And I'm new to Spotify so I got the thing where it was a free 30 day trial. I put it in assuming I was going to get the free month and another month with the 10 dollars but now that the first m...

• So i went to Target and bought the ten dollar gift card. And I'm new to Spotify so I got the thing where it was a free 30 day trial. I put it in assuming I was going to get the free month and another...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Party

Party new feature not working. I just updated the app on android, but when I click party on browse section, nothing happens

• Casual Listener
  • Party new feature not working. I just updated the app on android, but when I click party on browse section, nothing happens
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD card saving very unstable

When I run spotify for the first time with an SD card, it saves to it fine. But after every phone restart, it seems to forget all saved data on the SD card and redownload to internal storage, eating up my wifi data volume and storage space. I then ha...

• Casual Listener
  • When I run spotify for the first time with an SD card, it saves to it fine. But after every phone restart, it seems to forget all saved data on the SD card and redownload to internal storage, eating ...
  • yawkat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow songs in a Playlist to be manually sorted on android.

Chris Samaan started this petition with a single signature. It needs many more. It takes 3 seconds. Please sign it at: Allow songs in a Playlist to be manually sorted on android.

• Chris Samaan started this petition with a single signature.   It needs many more. It takes 3 seconds. Please sign it at:   Allow songs in a Playlist to be manually sorted on androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • editing
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'Running' disappeared after update to versjon 4.4.0.1008!

Hi allI am a Premium user who lost the running function in Spotify. I have re-installed the app after deleting all old files, turned the phone off and back on ++ I've tried it all, but still no 'Running'I have versjon 4.4.0.1008. Can someone PLEASE t...

• Regular
  • Hi all I am a Premium user who lost the running function in Spotify. I have re-installed the app after deleting all old files,  turned the phone off and back on ++ I've tried it all, but sti...
  • virgial
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

playlist songs coming back after being deleted

hi all,using spotify on android, HTC, with offline mode.songs deleted from playlists coming back when the app is launched again....so I need to delete those entries again...it does not happen always, so no clue of the reason of this erratic behavior....

• hi all, using spotify on android, HTC, with offline mode. songs deleted from playlists coming back when the app is launched again....so I need to delete those entries again... it does no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs for offline are gone.

Hi, I just wanted to solve my problem. I have downloaded songs for offline more like 5 to 7 playlists and around 500+ songs. I downloaded it since Dec. 22 and yesterday it was still saved but now Dec. 23 when I'm listening to my downloaded songs, my ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I just wanted to solve my problem. I have downloaded songs for offline more like 5 to 7 playlists and around 500+ songs. I downloaded it since Dec. 22 and yesterday it was still saved but now Dec...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not saving to SD card on Android marshmallow (6.0)

My moto x pure edition just updated to marshmallow and now storage on SD card doesn't work. Anyone have any experience with fixing this?

• Casual Listener
  • My moto x pure edition just updated to marshmallow and now storage on SD card doesn't work. Anyone have any experience with fixing this?
  • Jplargente
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Storage on sd card
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app doesn't recognize my premium user

SIgned up about 3-4 hours ago and the android app doesnt recognise my priemum user credentials?

• SIgned up about 3-4 hours ago and the android app doesnt recognise my priemum user credentials?
  • ainxe90
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android mobile

How do you add your own music to Spotify from an android mobile phone? I'm actually a musician, how do I share my own music?

• Casual Listener
  • How do you add your own music to Spotify from an android mobile phone? I'm actually a musician, how do I share my own music?
  • MjBeAtZ50
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share between Facebook users

I have Facebook and so does my friend. Both our accounts are linked with spotify and he can send me messages but I can't send him. We both use android phones. Any help is appreciated.Zoe.

• Casual Listener
  • I have Facebook and so does my friend. Both our accounts are linked with spotify and he can send me messages but I can't send him. We both use android phones. Any help is appreciated. Zoe.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    share music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast 2nd Generation support

So it is November 23rd 2015 and I have bought the second generation chromecast and was really excited to use it. I unpackaged it set it up and went to my Spotify application and realized it was not detecting any devices as it would detect my ps3 I un...

• Regular
  • So it is November 23rd 2015 and I have bought the second generation chromecast and was really excited to use it. I unpackaged it set it up and went to my Spotify application and realized it was not d...
  • iicoolj
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Chromecast Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running

Can't find the Spotify Running tool in my android, was it removed? or should i try to reinstall?

• Can't find the Spotify Running tool in my android, was it removed? or should i try to reinstall?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Week Discoveries

Good morning! I can listen to a playlist discoveries of the oldest week? I liked that playlist, but I did not save

• Good morning! I can listen to a playlist discoveries of the oldest week? I liked that playlist, but I did not save
  • Javierpl
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not syncing/showing up.

Recently my local files became unavailable and undownloaded for whatever reason. I have tried to get them back by following all the steps on every single forum I could find and absolutely nothing has worked so far. In fact the issue has gotten worse....

• ...y phone it shows that there are 11 songs in the playlist but when I open it only one shows up and is greyed out.   Both spotify.exe's are allowed through the firewall under public and private....
  • bunyos
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Headset buttons override on 5.1.2 Lollipop

Hi. Been using Spotify on Android (phone: Galaxy S2). Everything was fine when I had the original software for the phone (4.1.2 Jelly Bean). The headset buttons would control the music app that was currently active. For example, if Spotify was turned...

• Hi.   Been using Spotify on Android (phone: Galaxy S2). Everything was fine when I had the original software for the phone (4.1.2 Jelly Bean). The headset buttons would control the music app t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ayuda

Pague en el Oxxo Spotify Premium, pero sigo teniendo Spotify Gratis, porfavor ayúdenme.

• Pague en el Oxxo Spotify Premium, pero sigo teniendo Spotify Gratis, porfavor ayúdenme.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify problem on my android

So i paid the 99 cents for the 3 months thing, Then I already put my card number and the others, But then when I tried to pick a song it doesnt want cause it says i need to purchase the premium, but I already did it. and my credit card record list sa...

• Casual Listener
  • So i paid the 99 cents for the 3 months thing, Then I already put my card number and the others, But then when I tried to pick a song it doesnt want cause it says i need to purchase the premium, but ...
  • Vibeklopez
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes