Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Note 5 - Available offline sync kills WiFi connection

So I just got a Galaxy Note 5. I've noticed that if I'm on wifi and I try to sync any of my playlists to be available offline, it kills the wifi connection for the entire phone until I toggle wifi off and on. I can sync over mobile data, but that tak...

• So I just got a Galaxy Note 5. I've noticed that if I'm on wifi and I try to sync any of my playlists to be available offline, it kills the wifi connection for the entire phone until I toggle wifi of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash and chaehed twice

I was signing up for student premuim when it crashed and charged me twice and I still am not on premium.

• I was signing up for student premuim when it crashed and charged me twice and I still am not on premium.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping a song on a playlist or album while shuffle is on shuffles all the songs again.

As the title says, when I'm listening to anything on shuffle, if I skip a song, the entire order of songs is shuffled again. This happens anytime I skip while shuffle is on. I want it to shuffle the playlist once, and then if I skip a song, just cont...

• As the title says, when I'm listening to anything on shuffle, if I skip a song, the entire order of songs is shuffled again. This happens anytime I skip while shuffle is on. I want it to shuffle the ...
  • djmikeystrange
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app quits when playing with headphones

when I play the app with headphones it keeps quit playing after a few songs. android version 5.1.1 LG Volt 2

• when I play the app with headphones it keeps quit playing after a few songs.  android version 5.1.1  LG Volt 2
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline music gone but all still huge

1 - I forgot to pay for premium so all my offline music was unavailable2 - I immediately pay for premium again3 - all my offline music was gone but the app is still over 3gb like before.4 - now the app is re downloading again all the music.Is this no...

• Regular
  • 1 - I forgot to pay for premium so all my offline music was unavailable 2 - I immediately pay for premium again 3 - all my offline music was gone but the app is still over 3gb like before. 4 - now...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged twice for last couple months

I've been charged two separate charges of $10.75 for the last couple of months not just the first month.

• I've been charged two separate charges of $10.75 for the last couple of months not just the first month.
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify App.

Hello, with all the updates Android users still have not gotten the option to rearrange playlist? I am a yoga teacher and I use Spotify for my classes and it's necessary that I am able to rearrange my playlist when needed. Please help! Plus I am usin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, with all the updates Android users still have not gotten the option to rearrange playlist?   I am a yoga teacher and I use Spotify for my classes and it's necessary that I am able to re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

keep charging my card yet it doesnt work? please help

Spotify has charged me at least two months in a row. Strange thing is, it doesnt even show up in my receipts on my account. It works on my computer but I can only use shuffle on mobile. Can someone please help me fix this or at leadt get them to stop...

• Spotify has charged me at least two months in a row. Strange thing is, it doesnt even show up in my receipts on my account. It works on my computer but I can only use shuffle on mobile. Can someone p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cannot see my Chromecast

Spotify Connect cannot see my Chromecast device whilst other programmes (e.g. YouTube) are able to do it. It happens on my Samsung phone as well as on my computer. I was able to do it some time ago but suddenly it has stopped working.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Connect cannot see my Chromecast device whilst other programmes (e.g. YouTube) are able to do it. It happens on my Samsung phone as well as on my computer. I was able to do it some time ago b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't recognize Chromecast V1

I was able to stream Spotify from my phone and Mac to my version 1 Chromecast for all of about a week.I've tried restarting everything and nothing works. Every time I search for the Chromecast device in Spotify, it's not there.What's up?I can stream ...

• Regular
  • I was able to stream Spotify from my phone and Mac to my version 1 Chromecast for all of about a week. I've tried restarting everything and nothing works. Every time I search for the Chromecast de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline issues while Connected to LTE/4G

To Preface this issue, I had the same problems on my Note2 Fast Foarward to now, I have a note 4, totally new hardware and still having the same issue... So I have a Samsung Galaxy note 4 with android 5.1.1I have the mobile spotify App, Version: 4.2....

• Casual Listener
  • To Preface this issue, I had the same problems on my Note2   Fast Foarward to now, I have a note 4, totally new hardware and still having the same issue...   So I have a Samsung Galaxy ...
  • mattcubus
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Paid subscription

I paid for this service and it still has not registered yet. I can't listen to my songs I saved and I keep getting pop ups for getting premium services

• Visitor
  • I paid for this service and it still has not registered yet. I can't listen to my songs I saved and I keep getting pop ups for getting premium services
  • thejerwin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection using Mobile Data?

I am having the this problem for weeks now! I have tried all the suggested fixes like doing a clean reinstall and changing the APN for T-Mobile but whenever I try to use Spotify using Mobile Data, I always get the message "No Internet Connection". It...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having the this problem for weeks now! I have tried all the suggested fixes like doing a clean reinstall and changing the APN for T-Mobile but whenever I try to use Spotify using Mobile Data, I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting downloads

How to delete downloads on a iPhone5 it's doing my head in

• How to delete downloads on a iPhone5 it's doing my head in
  • thejerwin
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline use won't work

I download all my songs for offline use via the slider and it says they are all downloading, and after they finish I switch to offline and listen, but only half actually play... Please help, its defeating the purpose of premium because half my songs ...

• I download all my songs for offline use via the slider and it says they are all downloading, and after they finish I switch to offline and listen, but only half actually play... Please help, its defe...
  • thejerwin
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline listening
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will Spotify work with Discovery V10 (OS 3.4)?

Hi, I am new to this forum and not at all technical, so please go easy! I am after a small/cheap device which I can use for Spotify in the gym and to take abroad (I don't want to take my mobile). I have Spotify premium, and would be using it offline ...

• Hi, I am new to this forum and not at all technical, so please go easy! I am after a small/cheap device which I can use for Spotify in the gym and to take abroad (I don't want to take my mobile). I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listening to local files from pc on mobile

Hello everyone, I use spotify on both my pc and Android phone. I've imported my iTunes playlists, made them available offline and all is well on the pc. When I try to listen through my phone however, only certain files are available (I guess the ones...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,    I use spotify on both my pc and Android phone. I've imported my iTunes playlists, made them available offline and all is well on the pc. When I try to listen through my...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing recently played

How can I remove recently listened to list?

• How can I remove recently listened to list?
  • Wahlgrenwilson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App Not Sending Track Info Via Bluetooth / iOS App Works Fine

Spotify on my wife's iPhone connects to my '15 Subaru with no issue. Track information is sent across perfectly, and updates with every new track, and I can pause/resume/skip with the buttons on the stereo just fine. If I try this with any Android de...

• Spotify on my wife's iPhone connects to my '15 Subaru with no issue. Track information is sent across perfectly, and updates with every new track, and I can pause/resume/skip with the buttons on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Top Tracks Not Updating

The songs in my Friends Top Tracks playlist haven't changed in at least a month. It often says the playlist was updated "today," but the songs never change. I follow a lot of people who all use Spotify regularly, so the playlist is definitely not upd...

• Regular
  • The songs in my Friends Top Tracks playlist haven't changed in at least a month. It often says the playlist was updated "today," but the songs never change. I follow a lot of people who all use Spoti...
  • ajfmoreira
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes