Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S6 edge. Clear view cover

Could Spotify deploy widget with the use of clear view cover for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with controls for music selection and sound equalizer. Thanks

• Could Spotify deploy widget with the use of clear view cover for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with controls for music selection and sound equalizer. Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Can't download app on my phone

Hey folks, I recently movd to the USA and I've been trying to get spotify to download on my android phone but with no luck so far. I have the windows app installed on my lapotop an I'm using the free premium trial currently but no matter what I do I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey folks,   I recently movd to the USA and I've been trying to get spotify to download on my android phone but with no luck so far. I have the windows app installed on my lapotop an I'm using...
  • Gorazd
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    playstore
    Spotify
    won't download
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

You know what Spotify should add? PODCASTS!!!

I just think it would be really neat if Spotify did music AND podcasts.I wonder if they've ever considered the idea.

• I just think it would be really neat if Spotify did music AND podcasts. I wonder if they've ever considered the idea.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    podcast
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playlist Problem

As of a week ago my spotify playlist library shows playlists that refuse to load. It is like they are corrupted but even after erasing all data, they are still there. I cannot open them and when i scroll over them the app lags terribly. Id rather not...

• As of a week ago my spotify playlist library shows playlists that refuse to load. It is like they are corrupted but even after erasing all data, they are still there. I cannot open them and when i sc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problems
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling a huge playlist: Android client only plays from within first 100 songs

I have a 4000+ track Starred playlist, which I tend to play on shuffle when I've got no particular listening preference. When listening on desktop, this seems to be working as I'd expect. However, on the Android client, when I shuffle this playlist i...

Data
  • Music Fan
  • I have a 4000+ track Starred playlist, which I tend to play on shuffle when I've got no particular listening preference. When listening on desktop, this seems to be working as I'd expect.   Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How to opt out of location, contacts.. settings

It says in the new privacy policy that we decide on what to share but I could not find any setting options related to what I share neither on Spotify app or Android Application Manager. It should have been pretty straightforward since there was a hug...

• It says  in the new privacy policy that we decide on what to share but I could not find any setting options related to what I share neither on Spotify app or Android Application Manager. It shou...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • opt out
    Privacy
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No se abre la app

Me la he descargado.. cargado... pero nadaIngreso mi clave y luego se queda y se cierra.Todo esto despues de la ultima actualizacion.Que hagooo????

• Me la he descargado.. cargado... pero nada Ingreso mi clave y luego se queda y se cierra. Todo esto despues de la ultima actualizacion. Que hagooo????
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

can't follow artists

Hallo. Im new here. Can someone please help me. I have a htc one and i can not follow artists under the menu friends. My wife has an iphone and she uses my account and everythings works perfect. Some solutions for me? Thx

• Hallo. Im new here. Can someone please help me. I have a htc one and i can not follow artists under the menu friends. My wife has an iphone and she uses my account and everythings works perfect. Some...
  • cristianget
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality changes along with volume every few min.

I am running the app on my galaxy s3 and every few min the sound quality will get flat and louder. Then after awhile it will change back. I am not 100% positive this is an issue with the app, but possibly my phone. Any ideas on how to fix it.

• I am running the app on my galaxy s3 and every few min the sound quality will get flat and louder. Then after awhile it will change back. I am not 100% positive this is an issue with the app, but pos...
  • Jeanius87
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless playback on Android

Hi,I am just wondering if Gapless Playback is broken for the time being, or is it my device? It has worked on previous releases, but now it's not.

• Hi, I am just wondering if Gapless Playback is broken for the time being, or is it my device? It has worked on previous releases, but now it's not.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crash on Galaxy S5 (Lollipop 5.0)

Hi guys, it's been a long time I'm trying to fix my spotify app. I tried everything I found on the internet and nothing worked.Every time I try to open the app after performing the sign in, it crashes, just like that ... Already formatted the phone a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, it's been a long time I'm trying to fix my spotify app. I tried everything I found on the internet and nothing worked. Every time I try to open the app after performing the sign in, it cras...
  • henriquekraemer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App will no longer play local files from playlist.

Hi, So, this used to work for me flawlessly, I have local music I'd save to my playlist and when I initially signed up for Spotify, my phone app would download the local files on my playlist and they would play. Now they just sit in my playlist grey'...

• Hi,   So, this used to work for me flawlessly, I have local music I'd save to my playlist and when I initially signed up for Spotify, my phone app would download the local files on my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

luisviales

Como puedo desactivar la Premium

• Como puedo desactivar la Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to link my Facebook to my Android

I got this error before. I try to login with my facebook credentials today and am getting the invalid key hash. I forget how I fix this. Thanks

• Regular
  • I got this error before.  I try to login with my facebook credentials today and am getting the invalid key hash.  I forget how I fix this.   Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android offline quality

Noticed just now that spotify has removed the function for choosing offline sync quality on android.How does it work now, what quality are my songs synced on?As one of the people who use decent high fidelity gear its nice to know that songs are beein...

• Casual Listener
  • Noticed just now that spotify has removed the function for choosing offline sync quality on android. How does it work now, what quality are my songs synced on? As one of the people who use decent h...
  • kaikan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Choppy playback of downloaded music

So, I was helping a friend stain his patio the other day, and I was in a city that I don't have great reception in. No problem, I'll just listen to the music that's on my device, I thought... Turns out I was very wrong. The entire day, songs native t...

• Roadie
  • So, I was helping a friend stain his patio the other day, and I was in a city that I don't have great reception in. No problem, I'll just listen to the music that's on my device, I thought... Turns...
  • danielmsanchez
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Uninstalling Spotify, downloaded music and playlists.

I'm getting a lot of 'no connection available' messages. This has been happening throughout the day for the past week. Logging out and logging in seems to correct it but sure enough happens again.Anyway I want to try uninstalling, but will this remov...

• Visitor
  • I'm getting a lot of 'no connection available' messages. This has been happening throughout the day for the past week. Logging out and logging in seems to correct it but sure enough happens again. ...
  • Reflux_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App unresponsive, buggy, uses massive amount of mobile data even when data disabled

Every day when I open the app, it takes literally minutes to become responsive. Browsing through the preset stations usually - but not always - works fine, but going through my own music takes forever to load. For example, when I list all my artists,...

• Regular
  • Every day when I open the app, it takes literally minutes to become responsive. Browsing through the preset stations usually - but not always - works fine, but going through my own music takes foreve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Device connected to WiFi but Spotify not working

HiI have been a spotify premium user for 2 years andam currently running it on my galaxy s4. Over the past 2 months it has practically become unusable. Despite being connected to WiFi (everything else works) Spotify's search function just won't work ...

• Hi I have been a spotify premium user for 2 years andam currently running it on my galaxy s4. Over the past 2 months it has practically become unusable. Despite being connected to WiFi (everything...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes