Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 bluetooth connection problem when there is an incoming call

I have samsung galaxy Note 4 with latest update of Android 5.1.1.I use Spotify with bluetooth connection on my Bolero media set in my car.After the latest update of Spotify it started not cutting the music sound when there is an coming call on my mob...

• I have samsung galaxy Note 4 with latest update of Android 5.1.1. I use Spotify with bluetooth connection on my Bolero media set in my car.After the latest update of Spotify it started not cutting t...
  • rebilith
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Subscription

I cancelled my subscription last month, and for some reason it charged me again, over drawing an old bank account and now I have to pay a fee. I'm not paying for this and I want it fixed but there's no other way to contact Spotify people. What do I d...

• Casual Listener
  • I cancelled my subscription last month, and for some reason it charged me again, over drawing an old bank account and now I have to pay a fee. I'm not paying for this and I want it fixed but there's ...
  • Dallybar21
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All Playlists stuck on repeat

All of playlists are stuck on repeat... I had premium version, bt my card expired and I didn't realize it before my subscription was cancelled. Now I can only listen to one song on repeat I can skip them, but it doesn't change automatically. How can ...

• All of playlists are stuck on repeat... I had premium version, bt my card expired and I didn't realize it before my subscription was cancelled. Now I can only listen to one song on repeat I can skip ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Would Spotify be able to play on a 2G data plan?

Quick question guys. Right now I have an unlimited everything plan, and as such I have unlimited 4G LTE data. I stream a lot of music throughout the day through Spotify, but there's a good chance I'll have to change my plan to something that isn't un...

• Quick question guys. Right now I have an unlimited everything plan, and as such I have unlimited 4G LTE data. I stream a lot of music throughout the day through Spotify, but there's a good chance I'l...
  • TheSeeker
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on samsung s5 for months

Hello, the app isn't working since Oct and I would like spotify to refund my money. How can I do that?

• Hello, the app isn't working since Oct and I would like spotify to refund my money. How can I do that?
  • Puckelito
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Samsung S5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The phone version of Spotify for Kindle?

I recently found out that the kindle Fire HD (and possibly other Fire Models) Version of Spotify had been updated to match the ones on the phone. Isn't supposed to be set to the Destop/Tablet version? I checked the reviews off the app, and i saw one ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently found out that the kindle Fire HD (and possibly other Fire Models) Version of Spotify had been updated to match the ones on the phone. Isn't supposed to be set to the Destop/Tablet version...
  • sierrasaurus
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

logging on to android phone

I logged off of Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and now I can't log back on. I can log onto Spotify on my desktop but not onto my phone. When I try to log on with my phone I get a message saying"Unable to login. Either username or password is incorrec...

• Casual Listener
  • I logged off of Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy 5 and now I can't log back on. I can log onto Spotify on my desktop but not onto my phone. When I try to log on with my phone I get a message saying"Unabl...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All Filled Up Error message whe ntrying to download new album on mobile

Hi,My mobile: HTC One This one is driving me crazy for afew days already. When I try to download new album (I have no albums downloaded at the moment) all I can see is this message: "All Filled Up. Epic collection, friend, There's no more room in You...

• Hi, My mobile: HTC One   This one is driving me crazy for afew days already. When I try to download new album (I have no albums downloaded at the moment) all I can see is this message: "All F...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to pay through Google play store

Soo I was looking through different questions on here and iv seen that you can pay through play store but when I tried I could not find a option for the is the because on a Android? Can you help?

• Casual Listener
  • Soo I was looking through different questions on here and iv seen that you can pay through play store but when I tried I could not find a option for the is the because on a Android? Can you help?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuttle Play does nothing when I press it

Hi there This might be a silly question but I'm on a free account and can't seem to get Shuffle Play to work whether on playlists or songs I've saved - my understanding is I should still be able to stream random songs on a free account? Downloaded Sp...

• Hi there   This might be a silly question but I'm on a free account and can't seem to get Shuffle Play to work whether on playlists or songs I've saved - my understanding is I should still be ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts????

Heard a lot about podcasts coming to spotify but after research it seems it has been "coming" all year???? Anyone able to clarify?

• Heard a lot about podcasts coming to spotify but after research it seems it has been "coming" all year???? Anyone able to clarify?
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstalling

I uninstall the app without first manually deleting the downloaded music in the app, do I need to manually delete them first or else they will be left in the phone memory?

• I uninstall the app without first manually deleting the downloaded music in the app, do I need to manually delete them first or else they will be left in the phone memory?
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify?

I see all these questions AND answers from users. where's spotify?

• I see all these questions AND answers from users. where's spotify?
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi

Hi! I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo not showing up under Devices on Spotify PC, despite both being on the same wifi network. I'm able to control the music on my PC from my phone through Spotify connect(?), so something must be righ...

• Regular
  • Hi!   I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo not showing up under Devices on Spotify PC, despite both being on the same wifi network.    I'm able to control the music o...
  • DanielGD5
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

app wont auto play over car BT :/

hi team,would be really cool if this worked the app just wont auto play a selected playlist when connecting to car BT have to do it manuallythanksdan btw - htc m8 4.4.2 and car is vw mk6 using rns 510 unit

• Visitor
  • hi team, would be really cool if this worked 😕 the app just wont auto play a selected playlist when connecting to car BT 😞 have to do it manually thanks dan   btw - htc m8 4.4.2 and car...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist 'liked from radio' missing :(

Hi,I've been missing the liked from radio playlist for quite some time now. I probably deleted it by accident. Is there any way I can get it back?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've been missing the liked from radio playlist for quite some time now. I probably deleted it by accident. Is there any way I can get it back? Thanks 🙂
  • Data-Cain
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists deleted
    Radio
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Android

For some time I have used spotify android to play via bluetooth in car. Till now when i left the car the playing paused and when i returned to the car it resumed. Great. Now however if I leave the car spotify keeps playing on the phone in my pocket. ...

• For some time I have used spotify android to play via bluetooth in car. Till now when i left the car the playing paused and when i returned to the car it resumed. Great. Now however if I leave the ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps playing after picking up a call on my phone

Hi, Recently for 1-2 weeks I started getting this annoying bug when listening to Spotify on my Nexus 5. If I am listening to music and someone calls me, the music stops while the ringtone is playing but after I pickup the call the Spotify Music resum...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   Recently for 1-2 weeks I started getting this annoying bug when listening to Spotify on my Nexus 5. If I am listening to music and someone calls me, the music stops w...
  • SubzeroSC
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music doesn't stop playing when i make a phone call or remove headphones

Same as above, music won't stop playing when i make a phone call or remove headphones. This only started recently, I have version 4.1.0.868. Has been happening on two different devices.

• Regular
  • Same as above, music won't stop playing when i make a phone call or remove headphones. This only started recently, I have version 4.1.0.868. Has been happening on two different devices.
  • TheSeeker
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile App doesn't pause music on incoming call

I am using Spotify on my Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2) When I have an incoming call, Spotify does not pause the music or lower the volume.... I thought this was a basic feature, as other media players do that Am I missing something?

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify on my Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)   When I have an incoming call, Spotify does not pause the music or lower the volume....   I thought this was a basic feature, as ot...
  • TheSeeker
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes