Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I have reinstalled spotify

Sadly I am not a premium member even though I am. Hrlp need to sort

• Sadly I am not a premium member even though I am. Hrlp need to sort
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify picture saves to gallery randomly

After the most recent update to Spotify, I have been frequently closing out of Spotify and going to my gallery where I find a picture of the Spotify symbol, it never makes more then one I don't think. This has become quite annoying since I have to co...

• After the most recent update to Spotify, I have been frequently closing out of Spotify and going to my gallery where I find a picture of the Spotify symbol, it never makes more then one I don't think...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pressing [Next Song] on headphone switches to Android Player

Hi all Honor 6, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 3.9.0.965. Since a couple of weeks (worked before): When I press [Next Song] within the Spotify app, it duly plays the next song in the Spotify playlist. However, if I press [Next Song] on my headphone (double c...

• Regular
  • Hi all   Honor 6, Android 4.4.2, Spotify 3.9.0.965. Since a couple of weeks (worked before):   When I press [Next Song] within the Spotify app, it duly plays the next song in the Spotif...
  • cbourbou
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist missing on various Spotify accounts i've created, Is there a Fix? Please help!

Hello, I just created a whole new Facebook and Spotify account because i thought my previous account wasn't working correctly as my Starred playlist wasn't showing up when on mobile devices, desktop etc i was only ever able to see it show up when usi...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I just created a whole new Facebook and Spotify account because i thought my previous account wasn't working correctly as my Starred playlist wasn't showing up when on mobile devices,...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Running for Android.

Hey there, Is there Spotify running support ve Android phones? Or will there be any support in the future? Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   Is there Spotify running support ve Android phones? Or will there be any support in the future?   Thank you.
  • 34 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 8 likes

linked to wrong Facebook account

Hello I used a promo code I got from work for 3 months free. I accidently clicked logged into Facebook bit it linked to my friends Facebook as she was using her fb on my phone last. I want to use the same promo code but have my Spotify and my fb link...

• Hello I used a promo code I got from work for 3 months free. I accidently clicked logged into Facebook bit it linked to my friends Facebook as she was using her fb on my phone last. I want to use the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lockscreen bug

I got a problem when i lock my screen on my phone after i pick a song, ok so when i choose a song in my playlist and lock the screen and then unlock my screen to change again it goes back to the top of my playlist, so for example i choose a song, i l...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a problem when i lock my screen on my phone after i pick a song, ok so when i choose a song in my playlist and lock the screen and then unlock my screen to change again it goes back to the top ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect draining battery

Hola,So for some stupid reason, Spotify thought it was a good idea to automatically open and start using Spotify Connect as soon as I play music on my computer. This is causing Spotify to drain my battery even though I'm not even using it. Is there a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, So for some stupid reason, Spotify thought it was a good idea to automatically open and start using Spotify Connect as soon as I play music on my computer. This is causing Spotify to drain my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Local File Sync

I'm unable to sync local files with my mobile android phone. I'm running on Windows Vista, using an LG G3 phone. I have the local files loaded into a "sync" playlist, and have set them to download on my phone, but the phone and computer won't communi...

• Music Fan
  • I'm unable to sync local files with my mobile android phone. I'm running on Windows Vista, using an LG G3 phone. I have the local files loaded into a "sync" playlist, and have set them to download on...
  • izfactor786
  • Gig Goer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download offline mode

I am using a Note 2 since today morning (I suppose there was an update yesterday) my Spotify does not save any songs in offline mode telling me that I don't have enough free space. Internally I do have 4GB left and 50GB free on my SD Card. I cleared ...

• I am using a Note 2 since today morning (I suppose there was an update yesterday) my Spotify does not save any songs in offline mode telling me that I don't have enough free space.    Int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! take off shuffle

Pressed shuffle in error, how do I turn it off?

• Casual Listener
  • Pressed shuffle in error, how do I turn it off?
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying for premium not getting it and wanting refund

I had the free trial and it ran out so I went and did the college student deal and it didn't say that it went through on the app do I canceled the premium account and it says that the money is being taken out of my account still and I want it back

• I had the free trial and it ran out so I went and did the college student deal and it didn't say that it went through on the app do I canceled the premium account and it says that the money is being ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound Quality

I am switching from the soon to be defunct Zune subscription service to either spotify or rhapsody. I really like the interface and selection on spotify but the sound quality on my HTC One M8 is so bad it's difficult to listen to it. I am listening o...

• I am switching from the soon to be defunct Zune subscription service to either spotify or rhapsody.  I really like the interface and selection on spotify but the sound quality on my HTC One M8 i...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cuenta no registrata y servicio debitando

Buenas noches, el año pasado abri una cuenta y la pase a premium, debitandose de mi tarjeta Visa. Hace un mes me robaron y ahora no me registra la cuenta como premium, me hace volver a cargar una tarjeta para que se debite el cargo. Quisiera que me l...

• Buenas noches, el año pasado abri una cuenta y la pase a premium, debitandose de mi tarjeta Visa. Hace un mes me robaron y ahora no me registra la cuenta como premium, me hace volver a cargar una tar...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Opt out of suggested songs

I was studying for a test and listening to calming piano music on spotify mobile app. I love spotify. But after a few songs katy perry starts playing because spotify suggests a song. This happens several times till I have no more skips. I just stoppe...

• Casual Listener
  • I was studying for a test and listening to calming piano music on spotify mobile app. I love spotify. But after a few songs katy perry starts playing because spotify suggests a song. This happens sev...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • opt-out
    Suggesting Songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Sync Local Files with Android

I cannot get my Local Files to syncronize with my Android. I have been able to save all of my music offline except those. i currently use Spotify version 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e, with Windows 10, and a Samsung Note 3. Any help is much appreciated.

• I cannot get my Local Files to syncronize with my Android.  I have been able to save all of my music offline except those.     i currently use Spotify version 1.0.16.104.g3b776c9e, ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify in car

Im trying to understand why spotify wont play on all my speakers in my car. Only plays from the front ones as long as its running blutooth yet pandora works on all of them in blutooth . I have tried other phones and its same still dont change it Im u...

• Im trying to understand  why spotify  wont play on all  my  speakers  in my car. Only  plays  from the  front ones  as  long as  its  runni...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Not Playing on Android

I tried reinstalling several times, doesn't work.After logging in, everything works fine until I press "Shuffle Play" on ANY charts or my playlist (I am on a free account fyi).Only the first time, there will be a sponsor with a dismiss button. After ...

• I tried reinstalling several times, doesn't work. After logging in, everything works fine until I press "Shuffle Play" on ANY charts or my playlist (I am on a free account fyi). Only the first time...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving Spotify offline music to SD card on 5.0.1

First of all my phone is an HTC One M8, as mentioned running 5.0.1. Why is there no simple way to transfer music to my SD card? I have a 60gb SD card and only 16gb on my in built memory, so I always try and put things into my SD card to save space, h...

• First of all my phone is an HTC One M8, as mentioned running 5.0.1.   Why is there no simple way to transfer music to my SD card? I have a 60gb SD card and only 16gb on my in built memory, so ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes