Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

User name, etc. where is it?

On my desktop app my username appears on the top right corner. Where is it on the (Galaxy note 10-2014) tablet (nothing in the top right corner)? How do I get to it?

• Regular
  • On my desktop app my username appears on the top right corner.   Where is it on the (Galaxy note 10-2014) tablet (nothing in the top right corner)? How do I get to it?   &nbs...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist en attente

Ma playlist me veut pas se synchroniser, je suis "en attente de synchronisation alors que je suis en connexion Wi-Fi et en premier...

• Ma playlist me veut pas se synchroniser, je suis "en attente de synchronisation alors que je suis en connexion Wi-Fi et en premier...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Black screen

My daughter woke up yesterdaymorning and the Spotify app didn´t work. It was just a black screen. We have tried to do all the recommendations that we can find here but nothing works. When trying to re install we only get the spotify logo on a black s...

• Regular
  • My daughter woke up yesterdaymorning and the Spotify app didn´t work. It was just a black screen. We have tried to do all the recommendations that we can find here but nothing works. When trying to r...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes

Uninstalling all my songs

Hi first of all I'm sorry for m'y english, i'm french and on Android, so m'y smartphone does not know english. Well i have a big problème right now. It's been since something like 2months that regulary all m'y musics, or like half of all are being un...

• Hi first of all I'm sorry for m'y english, i'm french and on Android, so m'y smartphone does not know english. Well i have a big problème right now. It's been since something like 2months that regula...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Goodbye Spotify? Shuffle not working (Mac, Windows, Android)

So Got this problem for a while(a very huge while, thought I had a post on it but apparently not) and Im wondering if I should try my luck some other place. Almost since the dawn of time, my spotify want only to use shuffle on about 40songs pr playli...

• Music Fan
  • So Got this problem for a while(a very huge while, thought I had a post on it but apparently not) and Im wondering if I should try my luck some other place.   Almost since the dawn of time, my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify opens and closes after new update on android

Hello everyone, this is my first post in here. I am a premium member of Spotify. After the new update 3.8.0.800 on android, my spotify opens and closes all the time. When I open the Spotify app, it launches and then closes after a few secounds and I ...

• Hello everyone, this is my first post in here. I am a premium member of Spotify.   After the new update 3.8.0.800 on android, my spotify opens and closes all the time. When I open the Spotify ...
  • Nessi
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

To download? (Premium)

I like a song and want to download it. but when i try to download it, spotify downloads all the songs i did like.

• I like a song and want to download it. but when i try to download it, spotify downloads all the songs i did like.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

frusturating

how come i pick a song on a group of songs and then as i browsing i pick a diff song but it wont just go to that song i have to like completely go to that artist cant just press play or once i try to change song i click stop on the bottom and try to ...

• how come i pick a song on a group of songs and then as i browsing i pick a diff song but it wont just go to that song i have to like completely go to that artist cant just press play or once i try to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • stupid
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Waiting to download"

Yesterday all of my downloaded content was no longer available offline. Now when I am conncted to a network the tracks are clearly queued up to download but nothing happens... it just says "waiting to download". This in on a Samsung Galaxy S4, spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday all of my downloaded content was no longer available offline.  Now when I am conncted to a network the tracks are clearly queued up to download but nothing happens... it just says "wai...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! S5 no working

I can not use the app on my S5 WHAT HAPPPENS?

• Casual Listener
  • I can not use the app on my S5 WHAT HAPPPENS?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist not working

HiMy spotify playlist doesn't stay in the same spot where i left it when i close the app or lock my phone - everytime i go back into my playlist it automatically goes to the top of the playlist even if i was listening to songs at the bottom, any help...

• Hi My spotify playlist doesn't stay in the same spot where i left it when i close the app or lock my phone - everytime i go back into my playlist it automatically goes to the top of the playlist e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists' songs not saved anymore in my Android devices

I had a lot of albums saved on my Spotify account. Eventually, all the songs were not saved anymore on my Spotify app in a MotoG 2nd gen.: I can see my list of artists, with 0 songs each. However, they are stil there on my Windows Spotify client. I s...

• Casual Listener
  • I had a lot of albums saved on my Spotify account. Eventually, all the songs were not saved anymore on my Spotify app in a MotoG 2nd gen.: I can see my list of artists, with 0 songs each. However, th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top 50 Offline

I want to listen offline to the "Top 50" list from other countries, but I can't find the option to follow that lists, or to make them available offline in the Android appI'm using version 3.8.0.800 (By the way, I'm trying this on a premium account)

• Casual Listener
  • I want to listen offline to the "Top 50" list from other countries, but I can't find the option to follow that lists, or to make them available offline in the Android app I'm using version 3.8....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium stops working

Hello,I have a Spotify Premium account, but it's sudenly showing a free account in my Android device. I logged out and in, and the problem persists. My account in spofity.com shows a valid Premium subscription.I appreciate any help. Thanks!--Thales

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have a Spotify Premium account, but it's sudenly showing a free account in my Android device. I logged out and in, and the problem persists. My account in spofity.com shows a valid Premiu...
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Family spotify

Hi.I have spotify on my ph connected thru facebook and I pressed fam upgrade so my daughter can now use it to.. I signed up thru cred card.. is it right that my acc overview is saying premium still for me.. I assumed it would say fam and that it work...

• Hi.I have spotify on my ph connected thru facebook and I pressed fam upgrade so my daughter can now use it to.. I signed up thru cred card.. is it right that my acc overview is saying premium still f...
  • PKrider
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stop playing songs with 1 second left.

Brief description of the issue:Spotify stop playing songs with 1 second left. It happens when just streaming or a downloaded playlist offline or radio. I tried changing settings like crossfade and playing without pauses. Also reinstalled the whole ap...

• Brief description of the issue: Spotify stop playing songs with 1 second left. It happens when just streaming or a downloaded playlist offline or radio.   I tried changing settings like cross...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung android

Two quick questions. I have recently obtained a Samsung Galaxy J1. I down loaded spotify and it has recognised my account and my playlists are all there. When in offline mode it will not open. 1. How do I add my phone to my spotify account? 2.How do ...

• Casual Listener
  • Two quick questions.  I have recently obtained a Samsung Galaxy J1. I down loaded spotify and it has recognised my account and my playlists are all there. When in offline mode it will not open....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My account was reset

I just started facebook again and it messed up my premium and playlist and I can't seem to get it working, I have reinstalled removed spotify from facebook and nothing

• Casual Listener
  • I just started facebook again and it messed up my premium and playlist and I can't seem to get it working, I have reinstalled removed spotify from facebook and nothing
  • Sdbrotherjay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify STOP WORKING

HI! guys need some serious help here my spotify just stop working from one day to the next, I already tried everything you have posted but nothing is coming out so I don't know what to do but for now I guess it 's GG to premium

• Casual Listener
  • HI!    guys need some serious help here my spotify just stop working from one day to the next,  I already tried everything you have posted but nothing is coming out so I don't know w...
  • copo_xyz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong statement

Sppotify states in a commercial: if you watch this sponsered video you can listen to music for 30 min without commercials.This is not true! I get commercials all the time.What is wrong with spotify?Kris

• Sppotify states in a commercial: if you watch this sponsered video you can listen to music for 30 min without commercials. This is not true! I get commercials all the time. What is wrong with spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes