Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I charge the premium to my phone bill

After my 3 Month $0.99 premium was over I canceled my Premium and then a couple days later I wanted to get Spotify Premium and charge it to my phone bill but I can't seem to find the "Boku for Spotify Premium" payment option and I don't know what to ...

• After my 3 Month $0.99 premium was over I canceled my Premium and then a couple days later I wanted to get Spotify Premium and charge it to my phone bill but I can't seem to find the "Boku for Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ATTENTION : Here is how to get the old app back

I am running a non rooted , pretty much stock Atrix 4G. hated the new app and knew there was a way to get the old app back. (there is always a way) This was not my idea, I used instructions based on a comment made by "michabessems" Things you'll need...

• Music Fan
  • ...ninstall the new app (syncing songs again will be a pain) Instructions   Download the older app via this link   http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk   Drag a...
  • junaaaid
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 7 likes

Android volume changes bug

unning the spotify app version 3.1.0.117 on Android 5.1.1 on am s6 edge. The volume bounces around on every single song noattercliffe if I have equaliser enabled or not or crossfade on or not. Happens on Bluetooth and headphones.Is there a fix for th...

• Casual Listener
  • unning the spotify app version 3.1.0.117 on Android 5.1.1 on am s6 edge. The volume bounces around on every single song noattercliffe if I have equaliser enabled or not or crossfade on or not. Happen...
  • jrgray6
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Android App no longer keeps my login info after powering device off

I've had my Android Car Stereo for about 9 months and kept my free spotify account on it.Starting last week, my login is no longer saved when I reboot the device.My friend used his premium account on it instead and it will keep the login info even af...

• I've had my Android Car Stereo for about 9 months and kept my free spotify account on it. Starting last week, my login is no longer saved when I reboot the device. My friend used his premium accoun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists are getting deleted

Hi, I am using Spotify with a premium account. Since years of 0 problems, I have now a issue, that the offline playlists on my mobile phone (Galaxy S5, 128GB SD card) are getting deleted every few days. Im using spotify on my desktop pc and in my off...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am using Spotify with a premium account. Since years of 0 problems, I have now a issue, that the offline playlists on my mobile phone (Galaxy S5, 128GB SD card) are getting deleted eve...
  • ducksoup084
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

All Songs and Albums Gone on Mobile Device Only- Web OK

Hello- Two days ago I logged onto my mobile device (Samsung S5) and all of my songs and albums list were empty. My playlists were still there and complete. I logged onto the web player and all of my songs and albums were on there, so they are still l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello-  Two days ago I logged onto my mobile device (Samsung S5) and all of my songs and albums list were empty. My playlists were still there and complete. I logged onto the web player and all ...
  • hiltshop
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share with Spotify friends

I have a friend who's on Spotify but doesn't have a facebook. I'm "following" them, and vice versa, however, I can't send them songs through spotify on my android app. I can send them songs via the desktop app on my windows computer, but it won't let...

• I have a friend who's on Spotify but doesn't have a facebook. I'm "following" them, and vice versa, however, I can't send them songs through spotify on my android app. I can send them songs via the d...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I've been a premium user, now it's not letting me use spotify on my phone

It's telling me to get premium but I already have premium, I reinstalled, signed in and out and I can't figure out what to do.

• Casual Listener
  • It's telling me to get premium but I already have premium, I reinstalled, signed in and out and I can't figure out what to do.
  • patmickey16
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not working
    Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist skipping songs

Premium user with Spotify on my Galaxy. I have a playlist that I want to play in the order I have the songs listed. It's a series of albums and I don't want to skip from album to album. I have shuffle turned off. The problem is that Spotify will rand...

• Music Fan
  • Premium user with Spotify on my Galaxy.   I have a playlist that I want to play in the order I have the songs listed.  It's a series of albums and I don't want to skip from album to album...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

-4 following

i went premium on a brand new accound last night. while the windows app works just fine, on my android phone, i see -4 on following where it should say at least 7, and there are no followers where there should be at least 2. anyone has the same issue...

• Casual Listener
  • i went premium on a brand new accound last night. while the windows app works just fine, on my android phone, i see -4 on following where it should say at least 7, and there are no followers where th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Content missing , please help!

Hello,Yesterday after restarting my phone, I logged into Spotify Android version and I noticed that all the music in the "All Songs" section is missing, I had an enormous amount of songs, and I am very disapointed that this happened. I am also a Prem...

• Hello, Yesterday after restarting my phone, I logged into Spotify Android version and I noticed that all the music in the "All Songs" section is missing, I had an enormous amount of songs, and I am ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting my payment

I cannot log back into my account as it says I'm logging in from a different country (I downloaded it abroad)I've tried everything and now gave up.I want to delete my payments, I've rang my bank and they've told me spotifer has to stop they payment.....

• I cannot log back into my account as it says I'm logging in from a different country (I downloaded it abroad) I've tried everything and now gave up. I want to delete my payments, I've rang my bank ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cant log on and cant stop payments
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login error

I have a new phone and when trying to login via either email or Facebook it keeps telling me that the account already exists.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a new phone and when trying to login via either email or Facebook it keeps telling me that the account already exists.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting Laptop to Android

Hello, Now that we have running, how come I can't connect my laptop to Android, like I used to. Pleas bring it back. I have too much music and it takes longer for the playlist to load on the Android App. That's why I use my laptop to connect to Andro...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   Now that we have running, how come I can't connect my laptop to Android, like I used to. Pleas bring it back. I have too much music and it takes longer for the playlist to load on the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my Spotify stop every 5-10 minutes even after I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app

I have and uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app for my galaxy 6 phone and still it Spotify closes after 5-10 minutes of the music playing any of the playlists.

• Casual Listener
  • I have and uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app for my galaxy 6 phone and still it Spotify closes after 5-10 minutes of the music playing any of the playlists.
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Next/play/pause dont work anymore :o (command earphone and bluetooth in my car)

Hi guys, i have a problem since 2-3 days.Everything was ok but since 2-3 days, i dont know why (maybe an update or something, i really dont know), i have a problem with the command from my earphone. I cant next with double clic, i cant pause and play...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys, i have a problem since 2-3 days. Everything was ok but since 2-3 days, i dont know why (maybe an update or something, i really dont know), i have a problem with the command from my earphone...
  • Asulol
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • next pause play
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen local files on my cellphone

I save the musics on the playlist, let them offline (on both devices) and I just can't hear on my cellphone. Please somebody help me.

• Regular
  • I save the musics on the playlist, let them offline (on both devices) and I just can't hear on my cellphone. Please somebody help me.
  • momyouth
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems Syncing Local FIles

So I have an LG G3 and my local files used to sync perfectly and quickly, but now they won't. All of my local files have unsynced for some reason. I've tried every solution under the sun. I've done the fire wall thing, USB, I can't think fo the rest ...

• So I have an LG G3 and my local files used to sync perfectly and quickly, but now they won't. All of my local files have unsynced for some reason. I've tried every solution under the sun. I've done t...
  • Pricilla
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

mp3 file on phone

I am trying to get an mp3 file dowload to play on my account, I followed all the steps described here and it works for playing the song file on my computer but it will not play on my android phone. I'm not sure what the problem is

• Gig Goer
  • I am trying to get an mp3 file dowload to play on my account, I followed all the steps described here and it works for playing the song file on my computer but it will not play on my android phone. I...
  • Stormergirl24
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Artwork Issue on Lock Screen

The artwork is not fit on my screen. How to fix this? already did the reinstall.

12048993_1641916966056187_1006234620_n.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   The artwork is not fit on my screen. How to fix this? already did the reinstall.
  • DK_PH
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes