Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Removing songs from a playlist (Android)

Does anybody know if they will ever implement a feature that allows you to remove songs from a playlist on a phone, instead of having to do it on a computer? (Premium user) Thanks in advance.

• Does anybody know if they will ever implement a feature that allows you to remove songs from a playlist on a phone, instead of having to do it on a computer? (Premium user) Thanks in advance.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist remove songs android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to share with non-facebook friends?

It seems I can only select recipients from my facebook friends. Is there a trick to get also users that only have a spotyify user id to show up in this?

• It seems I can only select recipients from my facebook friends. Is there a trick to get also users that only have a spotyify user id to show up in this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash on playlist searching... Help please

So when I try to use the search feature to look for a song in my play list spotify crashes every time. It's been happening for a few months now and very annoying

• So when I try to use the search feature to look for a song in my play list spotify crashes every time. It's been happening for a few months now and very annoying
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every time I try and login, Spotify replies with a notification that says, "You already have an account with this username" and stops me from logging in. Please help. I've tried redoing my PW but every time I change it, it tells me my session has bee...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try and login, Spotify replies with a notification that says, "You already have an account with this username" and stops me from logging in. Please help. I've tried redoing my PW but eve...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect

So every time I listen to music and every one else in my family wants to listening to music and when they start their music my devise says you are now controling the other devise. So I must click "Spotify connect" and click on my phone. Although this...

• So every time I listen to music and every one else in my family wants to listening to music and when they start their music my devise says you are now controling the other devise. So I must click "Sp...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download offline music anymore

Hello, I have a premium account, but for the last 2 days everytime I'm trying to download offline music, it saves and download but when I close and opened the spotify app, they are not downloaded, I have to redownload the album and it does the same t...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I have a premium account, but for the last 2 days everytime I'm trying to download offline music, it saves and download but when I close and opened the spotify app, they are not downloaded, I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Guest network

I have two WiFi networks - home & guest - and some Spotify Connect devices.All the Spotify Connect devices have static IP addresses from my router.I use Android Spotify app.The guest network is configured in such way that the IP addresses can be reac...

• Music Fan
  • I have two WiFi networks - home & guest - and some Spotify Connect devices. All the Spotify Connect devices have static IP addresses from my router. I use Android Spotify app. The guest networ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No premium account on my cellphone

I have a family plan and I added my girlfriend. On her computer, spotify shows se has a premium account. But on her cell phone, spotify shows as if she had a free account, no premium. She has a samsung galaxy S3. I upgraded spotify to the latest vers...

• I have a family plan and I added my girlfriend. On her computer, spotify shows se has a premium account. But on her cell phone, spotify shows as if she had a free account, no premium.   S...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No metadata to car stereo

I do not have any metadata being transmitted to my honda civic exl stereo 2014 from my phone. Just says "no name". I have uninstalled and re-installed the app. I even did a factory reset on my phone. Nothing works and the "Help" on spotify is useless...

• Casual Listener
  • I do not have any metadata being transmitted to my honda civic exl stereo 2014 from my phone. Just says "no name". I have uninstalled and re-installed the app. I even did a factory reset on my phone....
  • izman8r
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    metadata
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing immediately when loading

Ive been unable to load spotify on my phone as of yesterday. Whenever i go to open the app it crashes back to the desktop/homescreen within a few seconds. Sometimes it will start loading the UI, sometimes it doesnt even get that far. I havent had any...

• Ive been unable to load spotify on my phone as of yesterday. Whenever i go to open the app it crashes back to the desktop/homescreen within a few seconds. Sometimes it will start loading the UI, some...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to find recently played songs (Android/Sonos)

Hi Spotify community,I had a party last weekend, and we played music from Spotify through my Sonos system. We had a funny love song contest, and I passed around my Android phone, and guests searched for and played songs. Is there any way that I can f...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify community, I had a party last weekend, and we played music from Spotify through my Sonos system.  We had a funny love song contest, and I passed around my Android phone, and guests s...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify lags on Android

So I have an s4 with cricket. My internet speed is quite decent as it is LTE. However, loading between songs while online lags sometimes. It takes a while to transition to another song. The OS is the factory OS that came with the android and it's up ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have an s4 with cricket.  My internet speed is quite decent as it is LTE.  However, loading between songs while online lags sometimes.  It takes a while to transition to another s...
  • vipertongn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android car stereo crashing

Ever since updating to the newest version of spotify it no longer works - I press the app button and it attempts to load it but you dont see anything except a black screen then crashes then goes back to the android "desktop" does anyone have any idea...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since updating to the newest version of spotify it no longer works - I press the app button and it attempts to load it but you dont see anything except a black screen then crashes then goes back...
  • Chrith
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync over Cellular not working

Hi, I'm using Spotify Premium on latest Android app and it tells me to enable 2G/3G syncing to download my songs. This option doesn't exist. Sync over Cellular is On. I do not have Wi-Fi, I don't have Internet access besides my Unlimited Data Plan. A...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm using Spotify Premium on latest Android app and it tells me to enable 2G/3G syncing to download my songs. This option doesn't exist. Sync over Cellular is On. I do not have Wi-Fi, I don't hav...
  • Nerak
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Terms & Conditions infinite loop

There is an issue where answering to accept terms later will not respect selected button but insted insist on answering I guess OK. I actually "want" to read your terms and conditions, but not on mobile screen Samsung Galaxy S4+ (Android 4.4.2)

• Casual Listener
  • There is an issue where answering to accept terms later will not respect selected button but insted insist on answering I guess OK.   I actually "want" to read your terms and conditions, but n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet: external SDCard not used

Hi! I've a Galaxy Note 8. On my device I've 7 GB (!) free space. On my SD card 47 GB (!!). And Spotify is telling me, there is not enough free space. Also I'm not able to tell Spotify to use my external SD card. A previous version supported this. I a...

• Roadie
  • Hi!   I've a Galaxy Note 8.   On my device I've 7 GB (!) free space. On my SD card 47 GB (!!).   And Spotify is telling me, there is not enough free space.   Also ...
  • mdantasf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android 4.2.2
    bug
    external
    offline mode
    offline sync
    sdcard
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DNS troubles

I switched DNS servers 2 days ago, because my ISP was having troubles with their server. So I entered Googles DNS settings in my router. Internet has been running smooth, but I seem to be getting the 'No Internet Connection' error in the Spotify App ...

• I switched DNS servers 2 days ago, because my ISP was having troubles with their server. So I entered Googles DNS settings in my router. Internet has been running smooth, but I seem to be gettin...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

keeps crashing galaxy s3

Till yesterday it worked smoothly. I didn't do any updates, but when I tried to start it this morning it showed me the black screen for a second and closes. I tried to update it, but it didn't help at all... it keeps working normally on my Tab S any ...

• Casual Listener
  • Till yesterday  it worked smoothly. I didn't do any updates, but when I tried to start it this morning  it showed me the black screen for a second and closes. I tried to update it, but it d...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible to easily remove song while listening on an android mobile?

Hi Is it possible to remove a song from a playlist while listening to it? Cant see that it is.The only possibillity is to view the playlist as a list and there search for that patricular song and remove.That is however very annoying while you have to...

• Regular
  • Hi Is it possible to remove a song from a playlist while listening to it? Cant see that it is. The only possibillity is to view the playlist as a list and there search for that patricular ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes