Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Headphone/bluetooth controls not working with screen off

Since the most recent update, I can no longer pause/skip/etc. using my headphone or bluetooth device when my phone's screen is off. I can do this fine with other music apps. I've tried clearing thre cache and re-installing Spotify. I'm using a Samsun...

• Since the most recent update, I can no longer pause/skip/etc. using my headphone or bluetooth device when my phone's screen is off.  I can do this fine with other music apps.  I've tried cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

HTC M8 Lollipop 5.0.1 Spotify Hangs

DescriptionSpotify keeps freezing. Locks device. Freezes on re-starting device so have to do hard restart (power on/press volume). This seems to be a V5.0 Lollipop problem. It worked fine before I upgradedWhat are the steps you took to get to the err...

• Description Spotify keeps freezing. Locks device. Freezes on re-starting device so have to do hard restart (power on/press volume). This seems to be a V5.0 Lollipop problem. It worked fine before I ...
  • mtamlyn
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

automatisch von premium auf free

Habe mein Telefon verloren. Als ich mich bei spotify mit dem neuen Telefon angemeldet habe, zeigte mir es an, dass ich nur noch Spotify free benutze.. warum und was kann ich machen?

• Habe mein Telefon verloren. Als ich mich bei spotify mit dem neuen Telefon angemeldet habe, zeigte mir es an, dass ich nur noch Spotify free benutze.. warum und was kann ich machen?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung issues

Ever since the latest update on my Samsung 5 the Spotify app has been acting weird. 1. If I do not have it already running, when I try to load the app, it restarts my phone (annoying)2. When playing either straight playlists, or on random, about 20 s...

• Ever since the latest update on my Samsung 5 the Spotify app has been acting weird.    1.  If I do not have it already running, when I try to load the app, it restarts my phone (anno...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

music download

I pay for premium and want my music offline but it just keeps saying not enough space when I still have 12gb left of space on my phone

• I pay for premium and want my music offline but it just keeps saying not enough space when I still have 12gb left of space on my phone
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Following no one

Hi, I'm following many artists and friends on Spotify but my profile simply displays -15 across all platforms, and won't let me see who I'm following, can someone help me with this?

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm following many artists and friends on Spotify but my profile simply displays -15 across all platforms, and won't let me see who I'm following, can someone help me with this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login

Can't login 

• Can't login  
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear support status

Hi, there is a lot of confusion on Internet about how spotify supports android wear. I own a sony smartwatch 3 and it seems that Spotify doesn't have a specific wear application but only pops up controls when running on the phone. Therefore:* No smar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  there is a lot of confusion on Internet about how spotify supports android wear.   I own a sony smartwatch 3 and it seems that Spotify doesn't have a specific wear application but o...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in issues

Hi Spotify Community, Until recently I have enjoyed my premium subscriptions with Spotify, but now I can't login. The device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - SM-P600. I have cleared caches, unistalled & reinstalled, changed passwords and now pu...

• Hi Spotify Community,   Until recently I have enjoyed my premium subscriptions with Spotify, but now I can't login.   The device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - SM-P600.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

storing music on sdcard

Hi i have a lenovo yoga 2 tablet, since the upgrade to lollipop there is no way of saving music to the sd card andf there is no option in spotify to direct storage of music to the sd card itself. with limited memory on the tablet itself this makes it...

• Hi  i have a lenovo yoga 2 tablet, since the upgrade to lollipop there is no way of saving music to the sd card andf there is no option in spotify to direct storage of music to the sd card itse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! how can i get sptify 7 days free

How can I get Spotify Premium 7 days free

• How can I get Spotify Premium 7 days free
  • Hajibaba1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with losing volume only on spotify

I have a galaxy s6, been a spotify premium member for years now and I recently got rid of my iPhone for a new samsung. Never had an issue with my iphone, but now with my s6 when I sync to a bluetooth device or wear my headphones and usually within a ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a galaxy s6, been a spotify premium member for years now and I recently got rid of my iPhone for a new samsung. Never had an issue with my iphone, but now with my s6 when I sync to a bluetooth...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuttering offline playback

I've been using the Spotify app on my phone for a long time. I save songs to my music to listen to offline. But all the sudden a few weeks ago, all my songs started stuttering a lot while playing. I've cleared the cache and reinstalled the app but no...

•  I've been using the Spotify app on my phone for a long time.  I save songs to my music to listen to offline.  But all the sudden a few weeks ago, all my songs started stuttering a lot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login through facebook.

Hi all,I've seen similar posts to this but I am still having issues. When I attempt to login with Facebook, I get a message saying the UN or PW is incorrect. I have reinstalled both Facebook and Spotify and cleared the data for both through the app s...

• Hi all, I've seen similar posts to this but I am still having issues. When I attempt to login with Facebook, I get a message saying the UN or PW is incorrect. I have reinstalled both Facebook and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my LG3 phone automatically download new music?

My LG3 Android phone is automatically downloading new songs every time Spotify updates their playlists. I'm following certain playlists, but I'm afraid that my phone is going to run out of room--I'm down to 36% free storage. Some of the playlists are...

• Casual Listener
  • My LG3 Android phone is automatically downloading new songs every time Spotify updates their playlists.   I'm following certain playlists, but I'm afraid that my phone is going to run out of roo...
  • sldl2004
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Tablet says I'm on Free account when I'm on Premium

I've had a Premium account for several years, running usually on Macbook. I've installed the Spotify app on my Android tablet and although it's obviously going to the same account via Facebook login (same playlists etc) the app claims I'm only on Fre...

• Visitor
  • I've had a Premium account for several years, running usually on Macbook. I've installed the Spotify app on my Android tablet and although it's obviously going to the same account via Facebook login ...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Crashing

Hello, I am running Androud 4.4.2 on a tablet and last week Spotify started randomly stopping when I try to load it. I was usually able to solve it by restarting my device but now I cannot get it to load at all. When I try to start Spotify it going t...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I am running Androud 4.4.2 on a tablet and last week Spotify started randomly stopping when I try to load it. I was usually able to solve it by restarting my device but now I cannot g...
  • acarmichael
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't select music!

Hello! I've been using the Spotify app on Android for a couple of months now and I've never experienced any problems with it, but since I've upgraded to a new ROM [Lollipop 5.1.1](xda link), I can't select music I want to play. The only way to really...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I've been using the Spotify app on Android for a couple of months now and I've never experienced any problems with it, but since I've upgraded to a new ROM [Lollipop 5.1.1](xda link),...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.1.1
    Lollipop
    Play
    select
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app on Blackberry via Amazon Appstore

This one is driving me nuts - so much so I don't know if I will be paying for a full subscription once my trial is over.. I have a Blackberry passport, O/S version 10.3.1.779. Downloaded the Spotify app via the Amazon appstore. It was working perfect...

• Casual Listener
  • This one is driving me nuts - so much so I don't know if I will be paying for a full subscription once my trial is over..   I have a Blackberry passport,  O/S version 10.3.1.779. Download...
  • emyvet
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes