Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (3.0)

What's new in this version (3.0) New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look. New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player. Fictitious: This app contains only artificial additives.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (3.0)   New: The main player and mini player have a shiny new look. New: You can now swipe to change tracks in the mini player. Fictitious: This...
  • charnode
  • Casual Listener
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes

Lollipop offline - problems with stuttering

Hi, I'm wearing out one supporter after another with the Spotify team and am close to simply trying out another music source. But my Spotify knows me so well by now, it's like an old comfy boyfriend! Please help so I won't have to start over with a n...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm wearing out one supporter after another with the Spotify team and am close to simply trying out another music source. But my Spotify knows me so well by now, it's like an old comfy b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login failure

Whenever I login using the app it says invalid username or password. But when I login through the website I succesfully logged in using the same username and password. I even reinstall the app but still the problem persist.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I login using the app it says invalid username or password. But when I login through the website I succesfully logged in using the same username and password. I even reinstall the app but st...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play offline songs

Hi.Can't seem to resolve this problem.For the last few days when trying to shuffle offline songs during offline mode only two or three songs will play. Spotify will then pick a song that is not available offline and freeze.Have tried uninstalling and...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Can't seem to resolve this problem. For the last few days when trying to shuffle offline songs during offline mode only two or three songs will play. Spotify will then pick a song that is not a...
  • thefullards74
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not saving

My songs arnt saving correctly to my your music somtimes it will only sav one or to of a album other times it wont save at all or it will and as soon as i exit it on my fone.or pc and open it up there gone any one know how to fix this

• My songs arnt saving correctly to my your music somtimes it will only sav one or to of a album other times it wont save at all or it will and as soon as i exit it on my fone.or pc and open it up ther...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer on HTC One M8

I recently read an article saying that Spotify finally put an equalizer setting in the iOS version of the app. It mentioned it was an exclusive update to iOS only to later correct itself saying, "The Android version has always had an equalizer". I'm ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently read an article saying that Spotify finally put an equalizer setting in the iOS version of the app. It mentioned it was an exclusive update to iOS only to later correct itself saying, "The...
  • pepepepe
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone crashes when I open Spotify

Sometimes it freezes the phone and I have to reboot it manually, sometimes it reboots immediately. Very annoying. Note that this does not occur when I have managed to turn on offline mode.The app is basically unusable for me as 9 out of 10 times my p...

• Regular
  • Sometimes it freezes the phone and I have to reboot it manually, sometimes it reboots immediately. Very annoying.  Note that this does not occur when I have managed to turn on offline mode. Th...
  • koningfelix
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipping

I have an android phone. Sometimes my songs skip around - the song will start to play then it skips to the next song, or sometimes a bunch of songs. Not certain if it's Android or specifically my phone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I tried high...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an android phone. Sometimes my songs skip around - the song will start to play then it skips to the next song, or sometimes a bunch of songs. Not certain if it's Android or specifically my pho...
  • lavant
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I Have Spotify Premium and I'm Having Issues with Local Files

Hey all, I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm having really annoying problems with local files. I'd add them, and then they would be grayed out, a few minutes later. Sometimes, I'd add them, and they'd go gray immediately. I read all the threads I could fi...

• Hey all,   I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm having really annoying problems with local files. I'd add them, and then they would be grayed out, a few minutes later. Sometimes, I'd add them, and t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going to blank screen and freezing

I have a HTC One M8, it has recently upgraded to new software. Spotify has also recently updated.Since this, my app freezes while loading anything and I have to reset my device for it to work again.I have uninstalled the app and downloaded it again b...

• I have a HTC One M8, it has recently upgraded to new software. Spotify has also recently updated. Since this, my app freezes while loading anything and I have to reset my device for it to work aga...
  • kikyz1313
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android spotify high network usage/stop playing

Hi all.Strange things been happening lately. For the last few weeks since one of the updates, spotify randomly uses over 5Mbps of data but stops playing tracks mid song. But if i skip the song, it bumps up traffic to 10Mpbs, buffers and starts to pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all. Strange things been happening lately. For the last few weeks since one of the updates, spotify randomly uses over 5Mbps of data but stops playing tracks mid song. But if i skip the song, i...
  • cylaar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • High data usage pausing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! How to move own playlist from spotify to PC or ipod

Hi am Premium because I would like to have some from Spotify playlist on my desktop. but I do not manage to get it done. Is there a way? If not. does anybody know a way to get the plaliyt on to ipod? I pay 9.99 per month and I do not want to use prem...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi am Premium because I would like to have some from Spotify playlist on my desktop. but I do not manage to get it done. Is there a way?    If not. does anybody know a way to get the plal...
  • anacaonacita
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can be deleted

• boracetin
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some synced local files won't play on spotify

I've tried to google the problem from a while now, but can't find any solutions. I have recently downloaded some mp3 files from youtube using clipconverter.cc When I tried to sync those local files to my phone, only some of them worked. No songs are ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried to google the problem from a while now, but can't find any solutions. I have recently downloaded some mp3 files from youtube using clipconverter.cc When I tried to sync those local fil...
  • cybae0804
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android completely broken

Been using Spotify for year and since lolipop its been terrible. First the lock screen stopped dislaying a media hub, had to work around that, since the lastest update its 100% broken.All my music went offline DISPITE having premium for god knows how...

• Been using Spotify for year and since lolipop its been terrible. First the lock screen stopped dislaying a media hub, had to work around that, since the lastest update its 100% broken. All my musi...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't delete empty playlist folder in the new Spotify Android update.

Here is my desktop Spotify playlist http://i.imgur.com/S5b3E.jpg and here is my mobile Spotify playlist http://i.imgur.com/B6faU.png Now for some reason or another, I've tried EVERTHING imaginable to try and delete that Timbaland playlist in the bott...

• Music Fan
  • Here is my desktop Spotify playlist http://i.imgur.com/S5b3E.jpg and here is my mobile Spotify playlist http://i.imgur.com/B6faU.png Now for some reason or another, I've tried EVERTHING ima...
  • veve-351
  • 64 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 2 likes

Not syncing properly with Wifi and other issues

With the new update spotify on my phone will no longer properly connect to my wifi, it keeps showing the not connected message, I have cleared catch and data, uninstalled spotify, restarted my phone and then reform loaded the new version from the pla...

• Music Fan
  • With the new update spotify on my phone will no longer properly connect to my wifi, it keeps showing the not connected message, I have cleared catch and data, uninstalled spotify, restarted my phone ...
  • jamesdean74
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot reset new password

I have tried multiple times to reset my password. But before being accepted my new password, I get a message that the form sent has expired.

• I have tried multiple times to reset my password. But before being accepted my new password, I get a message that the form sent has expired.
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Passwordrelease.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music disappeared

Hey! I have a problemw with offlinem music on HTC m7.I am now in Kenya, and in the place wherei stay there is no wi fi, and internet connection is poor. I have had downloaded all my favouritem musicvia the offline mode earlier, but today it just disa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I have a problemw with offlinem music on HTC m7. I am now in Kenya, and in the place wherei stay there is no wi fi, and internet connection is poor. I have had downloaded all my favouritem musi...
  • ragmar322
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline files gone
    offline mode
    Offline playlists unavailable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to local files on my phone

Hey. So i have used spotify for a while now, on my phone and my pc.And i have never had any problems with my local files, but then after the newest update of spotify. i couldn't listen tomy local files on my phone anymore. i have tried to download a ...

• Hey.   So i have used spotify for a while now, on my phone and my pc. And i have never had any problems with my local files, but then after the newest update of spotify. i couldn't listen to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • can't sync music
    Help me!
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes