Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a connection error on wifi

Hi, I'm getting non-stop connection error on my HTC M8, I've already unistalled it 4 times. I have to redownload all my music EACH TIME. It's getting really anoying. It work until I connect on my laptop and then it's gone forever. Please do something...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm getting non-stop connection error on my HTC M8, I've already unistalled it 4 times. I have to redownload all my music EACH TIME. It's getting really anoying.    It work u...
  • mathieu452
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can see but not use controls on notification bar or lockscreen Android lollipop

I can see the controls (add, previous Song, pause, next Song) but when i press them, nothing happens.I'm using lollipop on a Asus zenfone 5.And just to clarify, i CAN see the controls, both in the lockscreen and the notification bar, but they don't w...

• Casual Listener
  • I can see the controls (add, previous Song, pause, next Song) but when i press them, nothing happens. I'm using lollipop on a Asus zenfone 5. And just to clarify, i CAN see the controls, both in th...
  • Matheus_P
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problems with SD Card After Reboot

Hi, I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop.I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music.Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and all worked fine.I did download from all my albuns, and verified...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I formatted my SD Card through my Xperia Z3 with Lollipop. I erased all data from Spotify, included the folder spotify.music. Installed the Spotify again with the SD Card connected and...
  • Esdras6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Tried upgrading to premium and get the following message

PAYMENT ERRORYou've reached the limit on active subscriptions per mobile number for SPOTIFYI had spotify premium before and I was in offline mode for 30 days so it reset me to free spotify. Now a cant get premium or pay for it or anything.PLEASE HELP

• Casual Listener
  • PAYMENT ERROR You've reached the limit on active subscriptions per mobile number for SPOTIFY I had spotify premium before and I was in offline mode for 30 days so it reset me to free spotify. N...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Entire albums, songs and artists has dissapered from my Spotify alone

Hello.I have no idea what has happened but several songs, albums and even artists has dissapered from my spotify account. I can't even search for them. But when I search for them on my friends accounts they exist. I've tried to log out and log in and...

• Hello. I have no idea what has happened but several songs, albums and even artists has dissapered from my spotify account. I can't even search for them. But when I search for them on my friends acco...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

download help

SO, long story short, I bought spotify premium, I downloaded a playlist with over 300 song on my phone so i could listen to them on my week long trip in canada. For some reason, the first night, gone, i have to be online or redownload them, problem i...

• SO, long story short, I bought spotify premium, I downloaded a playlist with over 300 song on my phone so i could listen to them on my week long trip in canada. For some reason, the first night, gone...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app not starting on my phone, help pls.

Hello! I'm having this huge problem, that stops me from listening to spotify.I'm starting my phone, open the application spotify and it wont start.The screen just turns out white, and keep that way. After like 20 seconds it says if I want to shut it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I'm having this huge problem, that stops me from listening to spotify. I'm starting my phone, open the application spotify and it wont start. The screen just turns out white, and kee...
  • churchlady
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems connecting to Spotify Samsung s6 edge

My phone will not connect to spotify, although I am connected to WiFi. Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted and redownloaded the app with no success. Any help is appreciated.Thanks!

• My phone will not connect to spotify, although I am connected to WiFi. Anyone else had this issue? I have deleted and redownloaded the app with no success. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connection issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Log In, stuck on "Logging In…"

Hello, I'm on Android (stock) 5.0.2 on my Moto G (2nd Gen.) and I deleted cache in the Spotify app settings so as to remove the cache that was taking up space on my paltry 8GB storage on my device. After this, I went into Settings > Apps > and remove...

• Hello,   I'm on Android (stock) 5.0.2 on my Moto G (2nd Gen.) and I deleted cache in the Spotify app settings so as to remove the cache that was taking up space on my paltry 8GB storage on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment is been charged but i'm not premmium more.

Hello! The payment is been charged im my credit card but I lose my premium acount. Somebody can help me, please, why is it happening to me? I don't know what I have to do more.

• Hello! The payment is been charged im my credit card but I lose my premium acount. Somebody can help me, please, why is it happening to me? I don't know what I have to do more.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Playlists and Charged for Premium

I want to try and retrieve my playlist, went through instructions that were provided for recovery but nothing changed, still no playlist. Also I'm on a Trial mode, upgraded to Premium and still not able to listen freely after being charged on my card...

• I want to try and retrieve my playlist, went through instructions that were provided for recovery but nothing changed, still no playlist.  Also I'm on a Trial mode, upgraded to Premium and still...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline removed

Hi i just updated spotify on my Galaxy s4. I vade nearly 2000 song offline downloaded kn Extreme quality and my phone says spotify is using 19GB of my SD card. But i dont have any songs to play offline anymore. Its really annoying that spotify remove...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi i just updated spotify on my Galaxy s4. I vade nearly 2000 song offline downloaded kn Extreme quality and my phone says spotify is using 19GB of my SD card. But i dont have any songs to play offli...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

UI language changed. Why?

After the last update (witch was yesterday), the language of the Spotify app changed do portuguese(brazilian). Why.? For now, the only way to have Spotify in english occurs if I change it in the settings of my nexus7. Why.

• Regular
  • After the last update (witch was yesterday), the language of the Spotify app changed do portuguese(brazilian). Why.? For now, the only way to have Spotify in english occurs if I change it in the sett...
  • Piscis
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • UI Language
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

android- app not working

I am trying to log in on my tablet. It is an Acer Iconia B1 I have tried all of the solutions that are on here already but none work. When I tried to open it through Facebook it said the app is not available on my device? What can I do? Surely nowada...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to log in on my tablet. It is an Acer Iconia B1 I have tried all of the solutions that are on here already but none work. When I tried to open it through Facebook it said the app is not a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded and still on free but paid?

I upgraded to premium, was charged, didn't receive and email receipt, and still have free. I have tried reinstalling and logging out and back in. I do not know what to do. This is on a galaxy s6 edge.

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to premium, was charged, didn't receive and email receipt, and still have free. I have tried reinstalling and logging out and back in. I do not know what to do. This is on a galaxy s6 edge.
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

No SD Card Found - HTC One

Hi, I've just changed to an HTC One from iPhone, have been using Spotify Premium for 5 years and never had problems. After installing Spotify, whenever I attempt to open the app a message comes up saying No SD card found, we couldnt find anywhere to ...

• Hi,   I've just changed to an HTC One from iPhone, have been using Spotify Premium for 5 years and never had problems. After installing Spotify, whenever I attempt to open the app a message co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved files won't delete

I have a Moto X 2nd Gen and am running out of storage space. I have tried to remove songs that I previously saved to the phone, but they will not disappear. I read that they remain cached for up to a week, but this has been several weeks now. What do...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Moto X 2nd Gen and am running out of storage space. I have tried to remove songs that I previously saved to the phone, but they will not disappear. I read that they remain cached for up to a...
  • dannyboy2244
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    mobile app
    Premium
    saved songs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony Xperia Z3 WiFi problems

After the last app upgrade,(2.9.0.890) Spotify doesnt work with wireless, but only with mobile operator Internet. This makes Spotify totally unusable.(Spotify say that is offline, but isn't true).

• Casual Listener
  • After the last app upgrade,(2.9.0.890) Spotify doesnt work with wireless, but only with mobile operator Internet. This makes Spotify totally unusable.(Spotify say that is offline, but isn't true).
  • danodanilo
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with spotify streaming data but no music could be heard.

Good Morning, So I am experiencing an issue that has been plaguing my Samsung Galaxy S4 for weeks now. The Spotify application used to work perfectly and was my number one source in streaming music. Recently however I am having a problem with it. I a...

• Regular
  • Good Morning, So I am experiencing an issue that has been plaguing my Samsung Galaxy S4 for weeks now. The Spotify application used to work perfectly and was my number one source in streami...
  • cassie68
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes