Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook activity not showing

I have tried everything. It showed up until the end of Febuary and now it no longer shows on my Facebook profile. I have checked the Facebook settings too. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 4.1

• I have tried everything. It showed up until the end of Febuary and now it no longer shows on my Facebook profile. I have checked the Facebook settings too. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 4.1
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No connection

I got my new zenfone 2 today and I can't seem to connect to Spotify I don't know why I can connect it on my s3 though

• Casual Listener
  • I got my new zenfone 2 today and I can't seem to connect to Spotify I don't know why I can connect it on my s3 though
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Icon

Icon lost from my Android. Attempts to reinstall bring up "Already Installed".Have to call up Spotify thru Google----not good

• Icon lost from my Android. Attempts to reinstall bring up "Already Installed". Have to call up Spotify thru Google----not good
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for premium now doesn't exist?

i paid for premium at the beginning of this month for .99. in my profile it doesn't even show i did..i logged out and logged back in..says i have to pay?...so i redownloaded the app..nothing. even my playlist is gone

• Casual Listener
  • i paid for premium at the beginning of this month for .99. in my profile it doesn't even show i did..i logged out and logged back in..says i have to pay?...so i redownloaded the app..nothing. even my...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Track info not updated to playback device on bluetooth

After upgrade to latest release 3.0.0.1124 on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact the Track info is not updated when using it to play on bluetooth devices, in this instace my car. Worked before the Spotify upgrade and still works using other sound applications...

• Casual Listener
  • After upgrade to latest release 3.0.0.1124 on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact the Track info is not updated when using it to play on bluetooth devices, in this instace my car. Worked before the Spotif...
  • rubeneb
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

track disappeared from playlist

Hi, can anyone please explain why a Galaxy track, (Cineramascope), has vanished from my playlist. I also can't find it anywhere on Spotify. Has the artist withdrawn permission or is the number of times you can play it limited? Really annoyed about th...

• Regular
  • Hi, can anyone please explain why a Galaxy track, (Cineramascope), has vanished from my playlist. I also can't find it anywhere on Spotify. Has the artist withdrawn permission or is the number of tim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists not available offline

A playlist that was previously available offline all the sudden isn't and all the songs are "waiting to download" no matter what WiFi I am connected to.

• A playlist that was previously available offline all the sudden isn't and all the songs are "waiting to download" no matter what WiFi I am connected to. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

app plays tracks not in playlist/album

So, I've recently installed the spotify app on my android device. Great that it syncs automatically with the web player, so I have my playlists/albums available there as well. But why does the app insist on mixing in tracks that are not in the curren...

• So, I've recently installed the spotify app on my android device. Great that it syncs automatically with the web player, so I have my playlists/albums available there as well.   But why does t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

embed code not working on mobile

I help run a website for my local church and we publish playlists weekly to the site via the spotify embed code (play button) all works fine when you are on a desktop, but it does not work on mobile devices (i have only tested an android samsung s5)....

• Casual Listener
  • I help run a website for my local church and we publish playlists weekly to the site via the spotify embed code (play button) all works fine when you are on a desktop, but it does not work on mobile ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Move storage from internal memory to SD card

HiHow I can change that the Playlist that I have decided to download in order to have it available when I am offline be saved on the SD card instead of the internal memory of the mobile phone?Thank you

• Hi How I can change that the Playlist that I have decided to download in order to have it available when I am offline be saved on the SD card instead of the internal memory of the mobile phone? ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • storage space
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App hangs on login screen when SD card is inserted

When I try to login to spotify either using Facebook or username/password login on my Xperia Z3 (Lollipop) with an SD card inserted, the app hangs indefinitely. Sometimes it will pop up with 'Login Failed'. I have tried several 64gb SD cards, formatt...

• When I try to login to spotify either using Facebook or username/password login on my Xperia Z3 (Lollipop) with an SD card inserted, the app hangs indefinitely. Sometimes it will pop up with 'Login F...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation problem

After downloading and installing it, downloading an album for offline access, rebooting phone, and trying to open app, I get "can't find SD card", and goes to black. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s4 with the Lollypop update, and a 64 gig SD chip.

• After downloading and installing it, downloading an album for offline access, rebooting phone, and trying to open app, I get "can't find SD card", and goes to black. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s4 with t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

2 Mobile Phones

Hey, Can I use Spotify on 2 Mobile Phones?Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Can I use Spotify on 2 Mobile Phones? Thank you
  • tomhirsch29
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no sincroniza mis listas de reproducción en mis dispositivos.

Ayer me hice una cuenta de spotify premium, me instalé el cliente en un equipo y cree mi primera playlist. Ahora me instalo spotify en mi Android o en mi equipo de sobremesa y la playlist que aparece ayer no aparece como mia, yo puedo acceder a ella ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ayer me hice una cuenta de spotify premium, me instalé el cliente en un equipo y cree mi primera playlist.    Ahora me instalo spotify en mi Android o en mi equipo de sobremesa y la playl...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lenovo A7-10 Can't move Spotify to SD

HI all. Im a premium subscriber and also have read previous posts re: Lenovo Tab2 A7-10, but none have solved my problem.I have a properly formatted 64GB SD card, so that my tablet recognises it, and the system settings allow me to use it as the 'wri...

• HI all.   Im a premium subscriber and also have read previous posts re: Lenovo Tab2 A7-10, but none have solved my problem. I have a properly formatted 64GB SD card, so that my tablet recog...
  • NemanjaV95
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PL radio only plays the same 20 or so tracks.

I haven't found any reason for this, nor any way fix it. I've tried skipping tracks but I can only do it so many times. I've thumbed one or two down, but once I do,I can't thumb down any more for some reason.

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't found any reason for this, nor any way fix it. I've tried skipping tracks but I can only do it so many times. I've thumbed one or two down, but once I do,I can't thumb down any more for som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Limited Shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Push Notifications Not Working

Hi, I just did a fresh installation of Spotify App (2.7.0.883) for Android in a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and I could notice that Push notifications are not working. When I try to change the settings in Spotify App, it shows a ...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I just did a fresh installation of Spotify App (2.7.0.883) for Android in a Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and I could notice that Push notifications are not worki...
  • rrudolphjr
  • Roadie
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy S6
    Lollipop 5.0.2
    Push Notifications
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont sync to SD card, usual solution doesnt work

I am unable to force Spotify to use the SD card. I am aware of the solution here https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/switch-storage-of-Spotify-files-from-internal-memory-to-my-SD-card-android, however, it doesnt work on my phone.To mak...

• Regular
  • I am unable to force Spotify to use the SD card. I am aware of the solution here https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/switch-storage-of-Spotify-files-from-internal-memory-to-my-SD-card-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i get my playlists to work wen i am offline?

Hi I have spotify premium from vodafone and I went online to mark the playlists to available offline for the ones I will listen a lot of but thoses playlists still wont work offline. why is that?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have spotify premium from vodafone and I went online to mark the playlists to available offline for the ones I will listen a lot of but thoses playlists still wont work offline. why is that?
  • rharris
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Playlist Widget?

Does Spotify, or any third party app, offer a widget that I can put on my homescreen that will give me one touch access to a particular playlist? Basically, I would just like to be able to tap on a "playlist icon" and have it start playing a playlist...

• Regular
  • Does Spotify, or any third party app, offer a widget that I can put on my homescreen that will give me one touch access to a particular playlist? Basically, I would just like to be able to tap on a "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes