Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Rogan podcast episodes stopped updating end of August

PlanFreeCountryukDeviceGalaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueRogan podcast episode list stopped updating on my android over a month ago. Cleared all data and app from phone and reinstalled but no fix. I can play the newest episode...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country uk Device Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Rogan podcast episode list stopped updating on my android over a month ago. Cleared all ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify local file sync ports

PlanPremiumCountryUKMobileHuawei P20 proOSEMUI 9 / Windows 10Firewall s/wCOMODO Firewall, my AV doesn't block thisQuestionI've been syncing a bunch of local songs to my phone, which requires me to disable my software firewall. That's fine, but I migh...

• Plan Premium Country UK Mobile Huawei P20 pro OS EMUI 9 / Windows 10 Firewall s/w COMODO Firewall, my AV doesn't block this Question I've been syncing a bunch of local songs to my phone, w...
  • kichirou
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app not working on my phone or car

PremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy A10 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueUp until last week I listened to spotify through my bluetooth connection in the car. Then for a few days it stopped working, on my phone it said it was playing throu...

• Visitor
  • Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy A10  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Up until last week I listened to spotify through my bluetooth connection in the ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast / Bluetooth Issue - Help Pleaae

PlanPremium CountryUK DevicePixel 3a / Google Home Mini Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueAt night, I use Spotify to "Cast" to a Google Home Mini in my daughter's room which works as expected. The problem that I have is that when I go to...

• Plan Premium   Country UK   Device Pixel 3a / Google Home Mini   Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue At night, I use Spotify to "Cast" to a Google Home...
  • Vasil
  • 22 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does the all break when I pay for premium?

After paying for premium, the app doesn't work. Even when connected to WiFi, all playlists say they're empty, searching specific artists doesn't yield results and songs won't play.

• Casual Listener
  • After paying for premium, the app doesn't work. Even when connected to WiFi, all playlists say they're empty, searching specific artists doesn't yield results and songs won't play.
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Low quality album art covers

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDevicePOCO X3 NFCOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI have the latest version of the app, (although this problem has persisted for several updates) my connection is good and it doesn't matter if I have the songs of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device POCO X3 NFC Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I have the latest version of the app, (although this problem has persisted for several...
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google nest mini doesn't play my personalized spotify playlist

So i recently bought a Google Nest Mini and i was told that i could play my own Spotify playlists. But everytime i say "Hey google play my playlist " it plays a station that based on that playlist, instead of the playlist. I already tried doing it on...

• Visitor
  • So i recently bought a Google Nest Mini and i was told that i could play my own Spotify playlists. But everytime i say "Hey google play my playlist " it plays a station that based on that playlist, ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on WearOS not launching Spotify on connected phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and a Pixel Watch. Both are running WearOS 3.5. Each one is connected to different phones. When I launch Spotify from either of my WearOS watches, it won't launch the phone app. I have to get my phone out and launch Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and a Pixel Watch. Both are running WearOS 3.5. Each one is connected to different phones.   When I launch Spotify from either of my WearOS watches, it won't la...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [SOLVED PARTIALLY] Spotify downloads songs to internal memory instead of keeping on SD after reboot

Edit 25.07.2021:Better workaround, but unfortunately it also needs root access like older below - you need to make Spotify backup via Titanium Backup app. After restarting phone you need to restore made a backup before and all songs will remain. Work...

• Music Fan
  • Edit 25.07.2021: Better workaround, but unfortunately it also needs root access like older below - you need to make Spotify backup via Titanium Backup app. After restarting phone you need to restore...
  • lsahjpaul99
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify used 10gb of data

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy 10eOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSpotify has used 10gb of data over the last few days. My usual usage is 300-900mb per month for Spotify.I listened to all my normal music, podcasts...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy 10e Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Spotify has used 10gb of data over the last few days. My usual u...
  • Robin147
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Save album button disappeared

Somehow the save album button disappeared. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I've been all over the app and its gone.PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceGoogle pixelOperating SystemAndroid 10Spotify 8.5.24.762My Question or ...

• Regular
  • Somehow the save album button disappeared. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I've been all over the app and its gone. Plan Premium Country Usa Device Google p...
  • RafaAltman
  • Visitor
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Album save
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify connections notification not going away

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung galaxy s10eMy Question or IssueI know this has been posted a few times, but without a resolution. That 'spotify connections ' notification will not go away. Upon expanding it, it just says 'Waze is connec...

•   Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung galaxy s10e My Question or Issue I know this has been posted a few times, but without a resolution. That 'spotify  connec...
  • MihailY
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Disturbance in playback when I lock my screen

Disturbance in playback occurs when I lock my screen and the screen goes black. When I hit the screen and the screen lights up, playback goes normal. Disturbance is like the one you would have when there was a temporary problem with the internet conn...

• Casual Listener
  • Disturbance in playback occurs when I lock my screen and the screen goes black. When I hit the screen and the screen lights up, playback goes normal. Disturbance is like the one you would have when...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums are completely empty

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAlcatel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue: Hey having a really irritating issue the last week. No songs are appearing in any of my albums. Everything else is fine, podcasts, artist pages, liked songs, etc but when...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Alcatel 3 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue: Hey having a really irritating issue the last week. No songs are appearing in...
  • Yordan
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite Download Quality

Plan - PremiumCountry - United StatesDeviceFiio M9 I've been having troubles with Spotify on my (underpowered) Fiio M9 music player, so I thought that I'd give Spotify Lite a try. However, I can't seem to find any information on whether the lite vers...

• Regular
  •   Plan - Premium Country - United States Device Fiio M9   I've been having troubles with Spotify on my (underpowered) Fiio M9 music player, so I thought that I'd give Spotify Lit...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • quality
    queue
    Spotify Lite
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to stop auto playing podcast episodes?

Hello, How can i stop auto playing between older to newer podcast episode? Thanks for advance.

• Composer
  • Hello,   How can i stop auto playing between older to newer podcast episode?   Thanks for advance.
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes