Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Still Doesn't Work 2021

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issue Spotify "shuffle" still doesn't randomize the music. If I open a playlist of 1000 songs and hit shuffle repeatedly, it'll only switch between 5 or 6 songs. Thi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify "shuffle" still doesn't randomize the music. If I open a playlist of...
  • Chris_10
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify got logged out and then showed that I dont have an account.

After my spotify randomly logged out, I put in my login details and it showed that my account does not exist that I have to sign up.Please bring my account back, I'vr been using it for years

• Visitor
  • After my spotify randomly logged out, I put in my login details and it showed that my account does not exist that I have to sign up. Please bring my account back, I'vr been using it for years
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle a large Playlist does not work

Plan: PremiumCountry: CH (Switzerland)Device: Pixel 6 ProOperating System: Android 13Spotify version: 8.7.74.443Playlist Time: 112h 29mShuffle mode: Random Shuffle (old) I've noticed for some time that the shuffle function no longer works.The same so...

• Plan: Premium Country: CH (Switzerland) Device: Pixel 6 Pro Operating System: Android 13 Spotify version: 8.7.74.443 Playlist Time: 112h 29m Shuffle mode: Random Shuffle (old)   I'v...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Shuffle Function
    Shuffle not working
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution local files empty on android 13

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Pixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueHi Team & Community I have the "Local Files" switch on, a set of mp3 files on the device, but the application doesn't see them. The same files are seen by the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Google Pixel 5 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Hi Team & Community   I have the "Local Files" switch on, a set of mp3 ...
  • lemmsh
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing after messenger audio

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DevicePixel 6AOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueI have a pixel 6 A, Spotify crashes every time I record a messenger audio. I have tried to remove the battery saver, i have restarted device, removed spotify

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Pixel 6A Operating System Android 13    My Question or Issue I have a pixel 6 A, Spotify crashes every time I record a messenger audio. ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pixel 6: Extremely slow loading times while e.g. searching for any artists, albums ...

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Pixel 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueHello, This issue still persists since the latest Android release on my Pixel 6 Pro... If I open Spotify and want to search for any artist, album or anyth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Google Pixel 6 Pro Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Hello,   This issue still persists since the latest Android release on ...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Music] Pause music when listening to WhatsApp Voice Message on an Android Device

Hello everyone, I've come to notice that when listening to music (regardless of whether it's directly on my phone or on a bluetooth device) and then switching to WhatsApp to listen to a voice message, the volume of the music decreases. Usually I'd ha...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   I've come to notice that when listening to music (regardless of whether it's directly on my phone or on a bluetooth device) and then switching to WhatsApp to listen to a vo...
  • MihailY
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android
    music
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Lyrics

Hey I got a new Samsung Flip phone but now my lyrics are gone. And I love to sing (scream ) with my songs. Anyone else having the same struggle.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey    I got a new Samsung Flip phone but now my lyrics are gone.  And I love to sing (scream 😂) with my songs.  Anyone else having the same struggle.     
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

control volume does not work properly in the app

when I am in the app I can control the volume of my music but when I leave the app I can no longer control the volume this does not apply to aux and bluetooth i have a samsung a21s

• Visitor
  • when I am in the app I can control the volume of my music but when I leave the app I can no longer control the volume this does not apply to aux and bluetooth i have a samsung a21s
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After Android update I no longer see my playlists an cannot play any song

Hi after a Samsung update I no longer see my playlists and I cannot play any song. I tried to log out and log in, to download the app again ... the problem is only on the phone, on ipad and pc it works perfectly ... can someone help me? thanks Robi

• Casual Listener
  • Hi after a Samsung update I no longer see my playlists and I cannot play any song. I tried to log out and log in, to download the app again ... the problem is only on the phone, on ipad and pc it wor...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Make Spotify pause when hearing a voice message

PlanPremiumDevicePocophone F1, Galaxy S8+ and LG G7 ThinQOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Android Pie My Question or IssueSpotify keeps playing when listening to voice messages on Whatsapp & Telegram.Tested it on multiple devices, different OSes, with a...

• Plan Premium Device Pocophone F1, Galaxy S8+ and LG G7 ThinQ Operating System Android Oreo, Android Pie  My Question or Issue Spotify keeps playing when listening to voice messages on Wha...
  • SummerBug
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Pause for voice messages
  • 5 replies
  • 13 likes

Solved!! playing a full album in order on premium trial?

Am tossing up between spotify and google all access but i can't seem to be able to play an album in full on android app with premium subscription. There only seems to be an option to shuffle songs from an album. It seems i can make a playlist in the ...

• Visitor
  • Am tossing up between spotify and google all access but i can't seem to be able to play an album in full on android app with premium subscription. There only seems to be an option to shuffle songs fr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unplayed Filter Has Stopped Working

Hello,I have noticed over the past couple of months that the Unplayed filter has stopped working. This filter used to remove all the podcast episodes I had started, but now all episodes are displayed regardless of whether I have listen to them or not...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have noticed over the past couple of months that the Unplayed filter has stopped working. This filter used to remove all the podcast episodes I had started, but now all episodes are display...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs are playing faster

PremiumXiaomi redmi note 10 proAndroid 11 From today, the songs are playing ~1,25x faster and i don't know how it happened.Of course, I try to restart my phone (nothing)Uninstall - reinstall (nothing)I researched on internet (twitter, Reddit, communi...

• Premium Xiaomi redmi note 10 pro Android 11   From today, the songs are playing ~1,25x faster and i don't know how it happened. Of course, I try to restart my phone (nothing) Uninstall - r...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files on Chromebook

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceLenovo Chromebook I recently bought a new Chromebook to replace my old laptop which I used to import songs from local files onto Spotify. I tried importing a song on the desktop app but realised that I can't find the pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Lenovo Chromebook   I recently bought a new Chromebook to replace my old laptop which I used to import songs from local files onto Spotify. I tried impo...
  • OscarDC
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Дизайн приложения

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaЯ использую темную тему, полоса перемотки трека совсем плохо видана, на улице совсем не видна, она черная!? Сделайте ее белой.Пример Телефон Mi 9

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Я использую темную тему, полоса перемотки трека совсем плохо видана, на улице совсем не видна, она черная!? Сделайте ее белой. Пример  Телефон Mi 9 
  • knnx_
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics don't show up

Device Google Pixel 6A My Question or Issue The lyrics tab won't come below the song when I click on the song bar.

• Device Google Pixel 6A   My Question or Issue  The lyrics tab won't come below the song when I click on the song bar.           
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Media Control Buttons not working

When I press one of the control buttons, the music does not change. I can only play/stop.My headphones works fine on other music players.Device: Redmi Note 10S

• Regular
  • When I press one of the control buttons, the music does not change. I can only play/stop. My headphones works fine on other music players. Device: Redmi Note 10S
  • ArqeNade
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no conecta con parlante bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceRedmi Note 8 Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueMi dispositivo de celular se conecta a mi parlante Sony SRS-XB3. La aplicación de spotify también reconoce que está conectada al parlante pero el sonido sigue sa...

•   Plan Premium Country Chile Device Redmi Note 8  Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Mi dispositivo de celular se conecta a mi parlante Sony SRS-XB3. La ap...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums not appearing, bug report

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceGalaxy J2 PrimeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs of the most recent update, albums just dont appear when you go to them. I can listen music just fine if i search them individually, but when i go to an album ...

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Galaxy J2 Prime Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As of the most recent update, albums just dont appear when you go to them. I ...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes