Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading

Hi,I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?

• Hi, I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't follow artists anymore

I used to be able to follow artist but now i cant. I can follow people i know connected on Facebook but when i go to follow artists it will show "followed" but then i go back to "your music" then to "artist" and i see the same artist that i just had ...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to follow artist but now i cant. I can follow people i know connected on Facebook but when i go to follow artists it will show "followed" but then i go back to "your music" then to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cant follow artists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download songs have to be re downloaded almost weekly.

Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must connect to the internet and download the songs again. C...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must conn...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.9.0)

What's new in this version (2.9.0) New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.9.0)   New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Update to 3.0.0.1124, but no new design

I got updated to the new 3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out independet from the app version or is there something wrong wi...

• Roadie
  • I got updated to the new 3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out indepe...
  • ZanePacker
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline.The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connected, now there's no more way.Reinstalling and clearing...

• Music Fan
  • My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline. The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connect...
  • hanslowbot
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

VERY SLOW on my Samsung Note 4!

For the amount of money I pay for this app in a year, this sucker should work way better! all of a sudden its slow and laggin all the time! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• For the amount of money I pay for this app in a year, this sucker should work way better! all of a sudden its slow and laggin all the time! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't go online when on home wifi

Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2

• Regular
  • Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2
  • Jcullinan09
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    moto x 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly stop playing in the middle of the track

Hi. I just recently signed up for premium on the 3 month promo. I was previously on Google Play Music.Running Spotify on my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0, non rooted & stock. Basically the problem is as follows. I will have some song playing and then it...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I just recently signed up for premium on the 3 month promo. I was previously on Google Play Music. Running Spotify on my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0, non rooted & stock.   Bas...
  • c2q
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

PC local files not playing on Mobile

Hi,My local files on PC that normally played on mobile and have done until tonight now are unavailable- "this track is not available" and grayed out. I listen to a lot of K-Pop and J-Pop which are not available on spotify. The only tracks available h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My local files on PC that normally played on mobile and have done until tonight now are unavailable- "this track is not available" and grayed out. I listen to a lot of K-Pop and J-Pop which are ...
  • Shinicarry
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No notification bar controls

Hi, I'm using Spotify app on Android 4.2.2, LG g2, Spotify version 2.9.0.890, and I can't see the music controls on the notification bar, I have to go into the app whenever I want to pause or change track. I don't want to reinstall the app since I'd ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using Spotify app on Android 4.2.2, LG g2, Spotify version 2.9.0.890, and I can't see the music controls on the notification bar, I have to go into the app whenever I want to pause or change ...
  • guitarger
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Sond skipped on Android

Hi, I upgraded yesterday to premium. Some feedback:1. When playing "Justice - Across the universe" on Android, the song skipped from first to last within 30 seconds. Everytime. (model: Samsung S3). It does not happen with other songs. So great for a ...

• Hi,   I upgraded yesterday to premium. Some feedback: 1. When playing "Justice - Across the universe" on Android, the song skipped from first to last within 30 seconds. Everytime. (model: Sam...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing song

Why cant I play/find the song Narcotic from Liquid anymore?? There is just some **bleep**ty Dance remix

• Casual Listener
  • Why cant I play/find the song Narcotic from Liquid anymore?? There is just some **bleep**ty Dance remix 😞
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes on my xperia z1 compact

I'm a spotiholic, which is why it is particularly annoying that spotify consistently crashes on my sony xperia z1 compact upon application launch. It worked perfectly the first week, but since then it's been 100% defunct. I have sent my phone to serv...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a spotiholic, which is why it is particularly annoying that spotify consistently crashes on my sony xperia z1 compact upon application launch. It worked perfectly the first week, but since t...
  • rotten881
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.8.0)

What's new in this version (2.8.0) Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.8.0)   Fixed: We've been battling some bugs. We won.
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline content disappears frequently

Hi, I have the latest Android app on three different devices. Since the beginning I have had problems with all three devices that my offline content disappears, ALL SONGS! I use Spotify mainly when I run (in Air-plane mode so nothing can disturb me.....

• Hi,   I have the latest Android app on three different devices. Since the beginning I have had problems with all  three devices that my offline content disappears, ALL SONGS!   I u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs withing Your Music category are not appearing

Hello Guys, Suddenly the songs that I've added to my "Songs" within "Your Music" category disappear, I have added new songs and those are appearing but old songs (added last year or in the past months are not there anymore). Also in my computer (Wind...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Guys,    Suddenly the songs that I've added to my "Songs" within "Your Music" category disappear, I have added new songs and those are appearing but old songs (added last year or in...
  • Asacur
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop after 10 seconds on Nexus 6 with T-Mobile

I'm running Android 5.1 on a Nexus 6 using T-Mobile. Sometimes the app runs smoothly, but lately, I've had an issue where every song I select stops after exactly 10 seconds and never loads. Only restarting my phone entirely fixes the problem. I've no...

• Regular
  • I'm running Android 5.1 on a Nexus 6 using T-Mobile. Sometimes the app runs smoothly, but lately, I've had an issue where every song I select stops after exactly 10 seconds and never loads. Only rest...
  • mgallow2
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP. Available Offline slider is not appearing

I really want to like spotify so i signed up for premimum. Downloaded android app, logged in, browsed, but there is NO SLIDER for available offline. I uninstalled and installed 3 times.

• I really want to like spotify so i signed up for premimum. Downloaded android app, logged in, browsed, but there is NO SLIDER for available offline. I uninstalled and installed 3 times.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes