Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems when using Spotify Connect

I've enjoyed using Spotify Connect since it was first introduced. I typically use it from my desktop (PC or Linux) to control the music playing out of my Android Phone while playing games or browsing the web on my PC. In the last couple days (perhaps...

• Casual Listener
  • I've enjoyed using Spotify Connect since it was first introduced.  I typically use it from my desktop (PC or Linux) to control the music playing out of my Android Phone while playing games or br...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes randomly (out of memory?)

I have Spotify on a Moto G running Android 4.4.4. If I leave it playing on the background, it will suddenly quit. There isn't error message, it simply vanishes and has to be restarted. This usually happens when I'm using another app in foreground, it...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify on a Moto G running Android 4.4.4.   If I leave it playing on the background, it will suddenly quit. There isn't error message, it simply vanishes and has to be restarted.&nbs...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is driving me bonker! Annoying bug

Hey,I've been using Spotify for a while now but regularly come across a bug that drives me totaly nuts :I have a LOT of album saved into my account. I only sync a few of these albums at a time on ONE android device (the bug happened on TWO different ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I've been using Spotify for a while now but regularly come across a bug that drives me totaly nuts : I have a LOT of album saved into my account. I only sync a few of these albums at a time on...
  • Meshuggah333
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Huawei ascend mate 7

I cant activiate premium on the phone. I click on preium an hes loading for hours. What can i do? App delete but my playlists??Sorry for my english. I hope you understand my problem

• Casual Listener
  • I cant activiate premium on the phone. I click on preium an hes loading for hours. What can i do? App delete but my playlists?? Sorry for my english. I hope you understand my problem
  • Eragon_1990
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download the premium version!

I can't download the premium version. Why? Server appear bloked!

• I can't download the premium version. Why? Server appear bloked!
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Version premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't open Spotify. Crash report

DescriptionPlease describe the problemWhen opening spotify, it crashes right away. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?1. Uninstalled2. Deleted files from sd card file folder3. Restarted phone/powered off for minutes.4. ReinstalledE...

• Regular
  • Description Please describe the problem When opening spotify, it crashes right away.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? 1. Uninstalled 2. Deleted file...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • won't load
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"Album Only" songs

When I download a full album sometimes an extra song or two will show up in my music since it's a song that someone is supposed to get when they buy the full album in real life. The problem im having is though, these songs I want to listen to are hig...

• Casual Listener
  • When I download a full album sometimes an extra song or two will show up in my music since it's a song that someone is supposed to get when they buy the full album in real life. The problem im having...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Reproducable playback errors on one album

I am getting continous and reproducable playback errors on one specific album ("Firestorm" (2004) from "Tvangeste"). Is this issue connected to my account in any way or is it a problem with the data stored on spotify? I have this problem on two diffe...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting continous and reproducable playback errors on one specific album ("Firestorm" (2004) from "Tvangeste"). Is this issue connected to my account in any way or is it a problem with the data ...
  • GNUaquin
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S6 issues

I've had a quick look over the boards and can't find anything which is fixing my problem. Apologies if this HAS already been answered, I haven't found it if so.There's a few issues - No album artwork on the lockscreen.The lockscreen widget shows the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had a quick look over the boards and can't find anything which is fixing my problem. Apologies if this HAS already been answered, I haven't found it if so. There's a few issues -   No ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

No Internet Connection - Samsung Galaxy Tab S

I am connected to my WIFI and get a no internet connection error. I have checked the WIFI connection and the internet works for everything else. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting and re-installing spotify, rebooting, but nothing seems to work...

• I am connected to my WIFI and get a no internet connection error. I have checked the WIFI connection and the internet works for everything else. I have tried clearing the cache, deleting and re-insta...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to rewind or go back with song.

Before this last upgrade I was able to rewind or replay the song. Now the only option is to pause or go forward to the next song.

• Casual Listener
  • Before this last upgrade I was able to rewind or replay the song. Now the only option is to pause or go forward to the next song.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I find my play lists after I upgraded to premium membership!?

I upgraded to the premium subscription followed the directions in the help section and now my play lists are gone!! I really only had like one Playlist since I'm just getting started but it was 489 songs!! Please tell me I don't have to start over ag...

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to the premium subscription followed the directions in the help section and now my play lists are gone!! I really only had like one Playlist since I'm just getting started but it was 489 s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[SOLVED] App locks and then reboots phone

Two days ago i decided to reinstall Spotify after trying out other services for a couple of months, but i found out that the latest version on the Play Store was hanging and then rebooting my phone (Alcatel 6033 with Android 4.1). At first i got it w...

• Casual Listener
  • Two days ago i decided to reinstall Spotify after trying out other services for a couple of months, but i found out that the latest version on the Play Store was hanging and then rebooting my phone (...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

7Gb Free space but don't download music offline - Android

Hi all! i have Frees pace bud don't download music offline (see the image in attachments). I have restarted the phone many time, but nothing. How i can download more music?In the phone i have 190 song for linstening offline, no more. Thanks in advanc...

• Hi all!   i have Frees pace bud don't download music offline  (see the image in attachments). I have restarted the phone many time, but nothing. How i can download more music? In the pho...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HTC One

Good Morning, Just a quick questions, are you able to get Spotify on the brand new HTC One? I am thinking about upgrading my phone and would hate to be with Spotify. Cheers!

• Gig Goer
  • Good Morning,   Just a quick questions, are you able to get Spotify on the brand new HTC One?   I am thinking about upgrading my phone and would hate to be with Spotify.   Cheers!
  • Hinal1977
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot connect

Since the last update (performed yesterday) the app does not play songs. There is a messagre "no internet connection", though the internet connection of my smartphone is up and working. Is there a problem?

• Roadie
  • Since the last update (performed yesterday) the app does not play songs. There is a messagre "no internet connection", though the internet connection of my smartphone is up and working. Is there...
  • newnexo
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums on my PC do not match mobile

Randomly I only have some of my most recent saved albums showing up on my mobile account. The rest have seemed to disappear. Any solutions to get them to match up with my PC again?

• Casual Listener
  • Randomly I only have some of my most recent saved albums showing up on my mobile account. The rest have seemed to disappear. Any solutions to get them to match up with my PC again?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S5 problem

Hi .Spotify on my s5 is really terrible .I can't seem to stream music nicely .It keeps stopping like YouTube buffering .I've never had this problem on my iPhone . it streams perfectly well on the iPhone .By the way ,I'm using my phones internal memor...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi .Spotify on my s5 is really terrible .I can't seem to stream music nicely .It keeps stopping like YouTube buffering .I've never had this problem on my iPhone . it streams perfectly well on the iPh...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Buzzing noise since the installation of Spotify on OnePlus One

I installed Spotify yesterday, because it comes free with my Fido plan, and I'm loving it. I have one problem. I get these random buzzing noises, and not just on Spotify, but everywhere, including YouTube videos, when I'm using speakers and headphone...

• I installed Spotify yesterday, because it comes free with my Fido plan, and I'm loving it. I have one problem. I get these random buzzing noises, and not just on Spotify, but everywhere, including Yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I've run out of space!

I'm really happy with almost everything after purchasing spotify premium! I only have one problem... I have a massive ranging taste in music! i've reached the 3333 song limit and 9999 save limit is there anyway I can save more music? I have a 64gb mi...

• I'm really happy with almost everything after purchasing spotify premium! I only have one problem... I have a massive ranging taste in music! i've reached the 3333 song limit and 9999 save limit 😕 i...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes