Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving all songs from a playlist into "Your Music"

I have an interesting dilemma. I've been a spotify subscriber for a long while. When i first joined they didn't have "Your Music" so I put all my songs that I wanted saved for offline use in a single playlist. Well this playlist is getting pretty unw...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an interesting dilemma. I've been a spotify subscriber for a long while. When i first joined they didn't have "Your Music" so I put all my songs that I wanted saved for offline use in a single...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs questions

I was just curious if I removed tracks from a playlist that I have downloaded for offline use, if Spotify also removes those tracks from my phone. Or if they are still saved on my phone somewhere. Thanks.

• Music Fan
  • I was just curious if I removed tracks from a playlist that I have downloaded for offline use, if Spotify also removes those tracks from my phone. Or if they are still saved on my phone somewhere. Th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local content stops playback when service is lost

Over the past few days, I've noticed that playback of my local media will stop when I lose data service. I can go back to the app and restart the song I was listening to, but then playback will stop again once service is restored. I'm on Android 4.4....

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past few days, I've noticed that playback of my local media will stop when I lose data service.  I can go back to the app and restart the song I was listening to, but then playback will...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ridiculous amount of problems. Please help.

The amount of problems I'm experiencing is insane, especially since the last major update.1. 90% of the time, the search option doesn't work, on either 4G or Wifi. (Search for new music, not through my playlists.) I'll type something, wait 2 minutes,...

• The amount of problems I'm experiencing is insane, especially since the last major update. 1. 90% of the time, the search option doesn't work, on either 4G or Wifi. (Search for new music, not thro...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

STOP START STOP START HANG HANG AGAIN when all I want to do is play a downloaded playlist

Firstly yesterday it kept STOPPING every time I went from no internet connection to having one. Hey, mobiles do that. That is NO REASON TO STOP PLAYING MY DOWNLOADED PLAYLIST. Today I am trying to play a downloaded playlist AND IT JUST KEEPS STOPPING...

• Roadie
  • Firstly yesterday it kept STOPPING every time I went from no internet connection to having one. Hey, mobiles do that. That is NO REASON TO STOP PLAYING MY DOWNLOADED PLAYLIST.   Today I am try...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Sound Quality changed

Hey there, So I've had premium access to Spotify for a while now, and the sound DID sound awesome. I was listening to my playlist this morning, and everything was fine. I haven't changed any settings in my phone, in Spotify, and I haven't changed my ...

• Hey there,   So I've had premium access to Spotify for a while now, and the sound DID sound awesome. I was listening to my playlist this morning, and everything was fine.   I haven't ch...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

YOU LOST MY PLACE!

I was listening in offline mode to a downloaded playlist. For some reason my device restarted. I opened Spotify and did not have the place I was playing marked, like it is supposed to. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE SONG THAT WAS PLAYING WHEN IT STOPPED ...

• Roadie
  • I was listening in offline mode to a downloaded playlist.   For some reason my device restarted.   I opened Spotify and did not have the place I was playing marked, like it is supposed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopped working on my lock screen after the Lolipop update.

Spotify's music will play when my screen times out, but when it comes to the lock screen, i have no controls. No fastforward, play button, no skip, not even a song title. Just the album cover. This is extremely annoying as I want to be able to contro...

• Spotify's music will play when my screen times out, but when it comes to the lock screen, i have no controls. No fastforward, play button, no skip, not even a song title. Just the album cover. This i...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

When using radio starts by playing same songs in same order everytime

So my issue is no that my songs repeat too frequently but that everytime I click radio it plays the same sequence of songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER. I have tried deleting the station and reinstalling spotify bit nothing seems to work.I am using an HTC...

• So my issue is no that my songs repeat too frequently but that everytime I click radio it plays the same sequence of songs in the EXACT SAME ORDER. I have tried deleting the station and reinstalling ...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where do liked tracks go?

I have clicked the + button and expected to find the track in my favorite playlist, but it is not there. Where do the liked tracks go?

Screenshot_2015-04-15-22-10-54.jpg
  • Community Legend
  • I have clicked the + button and expected to find the track in my favorite playlist, but it is not there. Where do the liked tracks go?   
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Having problems with Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5

I'm running spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with no SD card.I'm having all kinds of issues, problems to connect to a network even though it's working on everything else, same with mobile network and 2 different wifi's.If i can connect to a network, i...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with no SD card. I'm having all kinds of issues, problems to connect to a network even though it's working on everything else, same with mobile network an...
  • LukasEmilsson
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

WHIRLY WHIRLY WHIRLY forever when I try to go into Settings

All I get is a black screen and some stupid green whirly thing. I AM ONLY TRYING TO GO INTO SETTINGS. HOW CAN THAT TAKE SO LONG???

• Roadie
  • All I get is a black screen and some stupid green whirly thing.   I AM ONLY TRYING TO GO INTO SETTINGS. HOW CAN THAT TAKE SO LONG???  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Stops working

Hey all, im having an issue hopeing someone can help. i have spotify on android tablet, when i have set my playlist to download for offline usage and then turn off my internet connection they all play fine, however im finding after around 24 hours or...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,     im having an issue hopeing someone can help.   i have spotify on android tablet, when i have set my playlist to download for offline usage and then turn off my intern...
  • sp8ced21
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No internet connection android
    Not Available
    offline mode
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums I saved for offline access disssappear after I close the app.

So I've saved three albums for offline use. After waiting for it to download and checking the "downloaded" icon is there for all three albums I closed the app and ran it again to I find only one of the albums has been saved.What could I be doing wron...

• So I've saved three albums for offline use. After waiting for it to download and checking the "downloaded" icon is there for all three albums I closed the app and ran it again to I find only one of t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    Offline Access
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play albums in the correct order

Spotify used to work fine on my Xperia Z3. Then Sony changed its Walkman/Playmobile function to integrate Spotify. Now, it seems impossible to play an album in the correct order. At best, when I start playing the first track from an album it subseque...

• Regular
  • Spotify used to work fine on my Xperia Z3. Then Sony changed its Walkman/Playmobile function to integrate Spotify. Now, it seems impossible to play an album in the correct order. At best, when I star...
  • NightHeat
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Spotify shuffle tracks Android Xperia Z3
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

No more artist on my mobile

Hi,this morning I discovered thar on my spotify app, I don't have anymore artists on my list. Playlists are ok, but artist, no more !! I check on my computer desktop and I found them.So I don't understand whats up ? ! I restart my mobile, I relog my ...

• Hi, this morning I discovered thar on my spotify app, I don't have anymore artists on my list. Playlists are ok, but artist, no more !! I check on my computer desktop and I found them. So I don't u...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

track changing using spotify on pioneer deh-p9400bh and note 4

I have Spotify premium account and sync my phone to my Pioneer DEH-P9400BH reciever to play music. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and always was able to changes tracks/songs using the controls on the receiver. I just upgraded to the Samsung G...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium account and sync my phone to my Pioneer DEH-P9400BH reciever to play music. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and always was able to changes tracks/songs using the co...
  • phillosi863
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with offline songs

Well, i download the musics with te offline sync, but after i do this in 3 or 4 playlists, in the next, it just don't syncronize. I try to listen to the musics offline, but seens that no have files in there... How can i fix it?

• Well, i download the musics with te offline sync, but after i do this in 3 or 4 playlists, in the next, it just don't syncronize. I try to listen to the musics offline, but seens that no have files i...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC m9 doesn't show up on desktop program to sync local files

Hello. I am a spotify premium user who recently bought a new phone (htc m9). I am attempting to get my playlists downloaded on my phone for offline use. Most songs work fine, however I know to get local tracks that are on my computer, I need to conne...

• Regular
  • Hello. I am a spotify premium user who recently bought a new phone (htc m9). I am attempting to get my playlists downloaded on my phone for offline use. Most songs work fine, however I know to get lo...
  • hm8
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

musics unavailable on my songs

Suddenly this album stay unavailable to listen, online or offline, he appear on my songs but I can't listen any music of them.

• Suddenly this album stay unavailable to listen, online or offline, he appear on my songs but I can't listen any music of them.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes