Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Playlists to My music

Hi, How can I add songs from my friends playlist in My Music on Android? Ninad

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, How can I add songs from my friends playlist in My Music on Android?  Ninad
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 4.4.2 - Xperia Z - Spotiy not starting after latest update 25-6-2014

Dear, As title describes, spotify is not starting properly. It is not loading or it freezes/crashes on startup. Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z Yesterdays update caused this, i guess.

• Regular
  • Dear,   As title describes, spotify is not starting properly. It is not loading or it freezes/crashes on startup.   Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z Yesterdays update caused this, i guess.
  • Rholk
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Music After Premium tTial

After my premium trial ends, will I be able to keep my downloaded music and listen to it offline?

• After my premium trial ends, will I be able to keep my downloaded music and listen to it offline?
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Syncing Different Format From Desktop

My Galaxy Note 3 syncs my playlists by first letter of first word of a playlist by default now. I have my playlists alphabetized on desktop with the first letter of last name of an individual artist and with the first character of the group name. My ...

• Regular
  • My Galaxy Note 3 syncs my playlists by first letter of first word of a playlist by default now. I have my playlists alphabetized on desktop with the first letter of last name of an individual artist...
  • steveyb22602
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! login failed thru facebook on android

Hi just noticed that i cant login thru facebook on my android mobile device. all apps updated, tried logging manually using my facebook email and password getting message "Unable to login. either the username or password is incorrect". I can login th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi just noticed that i cant login thru facebook on my android mobile device. all apps updated, tried logging manually using my facebook email and password getting message "Unable to login. either the...
  • taba_2000
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks found on my desktop app, are missing on my andoid app.

Specifically "Faded by Zhu" . Looked it up on my desktop and added it to my playlist. But it didnt synchronize with my phone and when i looked for the song directly on my phone it was not even found. Has anyone encountered sth alike? its not a big pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Specifically "Faded by Zhu" . Looked it up on my desktop and added it to my playlist. But it didnt synchronize with my phone and when i looked for the song directly on my phone it was not even foun...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotfiy Connect Tablet has to be on

Hey! Why has my tablet turned on to be controlled by my smartphone (both android) and can not be in standby mode since the last app update? Greets

• Hey! Why has my tablet turned on to be controlled by my smartphone (both android) and can not be in standby mode since the last app update? Greets
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Feature Requests - Who's with me? ☺

Spotify feature requestsRepeat one songAdd album to EXISTING Play ListChange the order of songs on a Play ListTag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All AccessSave a QueConnect with desktop app like mobile to mobile can do over...

• Roadie
  • Spotify feature requests Repeat one song Add album to EXISTING Play List Change the order of songs on a Play List Tag albums and songs by Genre and add a Genre tab like Google All Access Save ...
  • Joemommaspotify
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • feature requests
    features
    requests
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

All my downloaded playlists disappeared?

So I finally got through the arseache of downloading the old spotify so I could sync playlists to my sd card and left my phone downloading all night, it was still going this morning, and then the phone ran out of battery. I switched it back on, logge...

• Casual Listener
  • So I finally got through the arseache of downloading the old spotify so I could sync playlists to my sd card and left my phone downloading all night, it was still going this morning, and then the pho...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download playlists

Ive had spotify for some time and my sister and dad also use it. We had it synced to more than three devices so my kindle unsynced. When I went to redownload playlists it would only allow me to download new playlists, not the ones I had had on offlin...

• Ive had spotify for some time and my sister and dad also use it. We had it synced to more than three devices so my kindle unsynced. When I went to redownload playlists it would only allow me to downl...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files of songs that are now unavailable in the Spotify catalogue

I recently discovered that Spotify doesn't offer the full albums of The Cat Empire anymore in their catalogue - which is bad enough. I have one album (Live on Earth) on my computer as mp3 files, so I can still listen to these songs in Spotify. The pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently discovered that Spotify doesn't offer the full albums of The Cat Empire anymore in their catalogue - which is bad enough. I have one album (Live on Earth) on my computer as mp3 files, so...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen widget problem

I have Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with stock lock screen. Recently I've noticed that the lock screen widget does not show up anymore (technically it does, but in a fraction of second it flickers and disappears). Thanks to another discussion here I unders...

• Casual Listener
  • ...peria, however, as we can see from this report: http://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/30814/ ,the problem itself is with other software as well. A...
  • lastguru
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug report
    lock screen
    Widget
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

availability in Reunion Island

Hi i want to use SPotify on my XPERIAZ IN reunion Island Your site says it is available in this part of the world, but when i download it fromplaystore.... it says it is NOT WHy is that so

• Hi i want to use SPotify on my XPERIAZ IN reunion Island Your site says it is available in this part of the world, but when i download it fromplaystore.... it says it is NOT WHy is that so
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume is low until I pause and resume.

I have a S3 on Verizon with Android 4.3 and the latest Spotify (1.1.1.162). When I start playing a track the volume immediately drops a little bit, maybe 20%. If I pause then resume playback, it returns to the full level. If I skip tracks, it will dr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a S3 on Verizon with Android 4.3 and the latest Spotify (1.1.1.162). When I start playing a track the volume immediately drops a little bit, maybe 20%. If I pause then resume playback, it retu...
  • VikingATX
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Always downloading music

I was wondering why spotify downloads music every time I connect to the internet.It downloads not all music but couple of songs from 1 to 6.

• Music Fan
  • I was wondering why spotify downloads music every time I connect to the internet.It downloads not all music but couple of songs from 1 to 6.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Track not available in mobile

I recently purchased an MP3 via Amazon.com. The file is downloaded on my desktop and available in local files on Spotify. I have added it to a playlist. When I go to theplaylist on mobile all songs are available EXCEPT the one song I purchased form A...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased an MP3 via Amazon.com.  The file is downloaded on my desktop and available in local files on Spotify.  I have added it to a playlist.  When I go to theplaylist on ...
  • hanneuh
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-GT900T

I got a new Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and tried to install the Spotify App. It installed and told me that the version of the app was outdated ("You need to update Spotify. This version of spotify is no longer supported. Please go to Google Play and ins...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a new Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and tried to install the Spotify App. It installed and told me that the version of the app was outdated ("You need to update Spotify. This version of spotify is no...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds

Hello, When i try to play "my music" spotify stops playing after 5 seconds. It looks like it's reconnecting. Someone got any idea? Thnx

• Regular
  • Hello,   When i try to play "my music" spotify stops playing after 5 seconds.  It looks like it's reconnecting. Someone got any idea?   Thnx
  • SanderV3
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist folder takes very long time to load

Hi @ all, i have a playlist folder with about 320 Playlists in it (one per album), and i like to open the playlist folder selct "all tracks" and push "shuffle" to listen to all of these albums randomly. That works, but i have this issue where i open ...

• Regular
  • Hi @ all,    i have a playlist folder with about 320 Playlists in it (one per album), and i like to open the playlist folder selct "all tracks" and push "shuffle" to listen to all of th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Turning off the app on Android device?

I really like Spotify but I can't figure out how to quit the application when I'm done listening to music on my Android dev ice. Anyone have a clue?

• Casual Listener
  • I really like Spotify but I can't figure out how to quit the application when I'm done listening to music on my Android dev ice. Anyone have a clue?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes