Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When resuming a track, the track is repeated afterwards

Hi, I am experiencing an issue which I think only is occuring since the last update from Play Store. Scenario: I am playing a song on my device (LG Optimus 4X HD on Android 4.0.3) that has been synced offline. Then I pause the song / unplug my head p...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I am experiencing an issue which I think only is occuring since the last update from Play Store.   Scenario: I am playing a song on my device (LG Optimus 4X HD on Android 4....
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play
    repeat
    resume
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify doesnt arange songs according popularity

Since the latest patch my phone wont arrange/find the songs i want. I.e. searching under pressure me and my friends cant even find the queen version although it should be on top. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • Since the latest patch my phone wont arrange/find the songs i want. I.e. searching under pressure me and my friends cant even find the queen version although it should be on top. Please help!
  • Esamattihein
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync without WLAN

Hello Community, I am the enthusiastic user of a 30 days permium trial version. I want to hear the music on my LG smartphone but I have no WLAN available. What can I do? Kinds regard Felix

• Hello Community,   I am the enthusiastic user of a 30 days permium trial version.   I want to hear the music on my LG smartphone but I have no WLAN available. What can I do? &nbsp...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available for play (Grayed out)

I have been away for the last week, and added a song to one of my playlist - https://play.spotify.com/track/0hv6ku4431kPrjbpBBspw3?utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open but this morning I opend the playlist up, and the song and only this one is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been away for the last week, and added a song to one of my playlist - https://play.spotify.com/track/0hv6ku4431kPrjbpBBspw3?utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open but this m...
  • Moralizing
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue management is so broken (reorder queue)

How is this possible? I just signed up for a free trial of premium to use Spotify on my mobile. I've been a Google Play Music premium subscriber, but a little dissappointed in the content compared to Spotify. To my surprise, the Spotify app is horrif...

• How is this possible? I just signed up for a free trial of premium to use Spotify on my mobile. I've been a Google Play Music premium subscriber, but a little dissappointed in the content compared to...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Mobile phone will not sync to desktop application for local files

Hello, I am relatively new to the Spotify Premium community as I just upgraded from my free account last month. I wanted to load my Korean pop music (mostly unavailable on Spotify) so I can have it on the go anywhere and anytime. I'm running into the...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ontinuing membership)   As you can see, I am all out of options now. I do have a hunch in that this could be related to the wifi I am using (I attend a college and use a public wifi).   I...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to star local files on mobile phone

Hi. If I try to star a local file on my phone it just unstar itself. It works fine to star the same files on my computer. Why is that?

• Gig Goer
  • Hi. If I try to star a local file on my phone it just unstar itself. It works fine to star the same files on my computer. Why is that?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

webplayer Facebook

Hi everybody. I can't use the webplayer from spotify on Facebook with my smartphone, Android 4.2 Sony experia e. Has somebody a solution? Thanks!

• Hi everybody. I can't use the webplayer from spotify on Facebook with my smartphone, Android 4.2 Sony experia e. Has somebody a solution? Thanks!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linkin Park - Given Up and radiohead - Karma police. not working??

Linkin Park - Given Up and radiohead - Karma police. not working?? why can't i listen to these song?

• Casual Listener
  • Linkin Park - Given Up and radiohead - Karma police. not working?? why can't i listen to these song? 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Enable to turn off the lock screen widget in Android 4.2+

This is an absolute disgrace. The widget has buttons which constantly press themselves when I put my phone into the pocket. This prevents me from using Spotify mobile because it changes tracks all the time. Plus I prefer to see dash clock instead. PL...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an absolute disgrace. The widget has buttons which constantly press themselves when I put my phone into the pocket. This prevents me from using Spotify mobile because it changes tracks all th...
  • Mark80508
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

problems sharing playlist

I am having trouble sharing my playlist. I get a blank screen when i tap on Inbox, or Friends. Also, when I tap share with Spotify Friends while listening to a song, the "Send"option is not lite up. I've made sure I am not in private session

• Regular
  • I am having trouble sharing my playlist. I get a blank screen when i tap on Inbox, or Friends. Also, when I tap share with Spotify Friends while listening to a song, the "Send"option is not lite up....
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong Username and Password Android

Hello guys, I activated the Premium account but i keep having an annoying problem: I try to access to my Android portable devices and it always says that username and password are wrong even if i put the right one. Someone out there with same problem...

• Hello guys,   I activated the Premium account but i keep having an annoying problem: I try to access to my Android portable devices and it always says that username and password are wrong ev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when switching between apps

Just got a new Mele A1000G with Android 4.1.1. Installed Spotify and when playing a song then hitting home button or back button the music stops. I would like it to keep playing while I'm browsing and changing configurations and playing games etc, ju...

• Casual Listener
  • Just got a new Mele A1000G with Android 4.1.1. Installed Spotify and when playing a song then hitting home button or back button the music stops. I would like it to keep playing while I'm browsing an...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Accidentaly deleted playlist and re-instated it, however...

...it's now saying I don't have enough space to download all my music, even though I had it all downloaded a few hours previously. Any suggestions as to why this could be? Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • ...it's now saying I don't have enough space to download all my music, even though I had it all downloaded a few hours previously.   Any suggestions as to why this could be?   Any h...
  • mahoney67
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync error between PC, Android and iOS

Hello, I'm using Spotify on my PC and everything works perfectly. However, when I'm using Spotify on my phone with Android or my iPad there is a problem: my playlists, starred songs don't exist. I have to search for them manually...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I'm using Spotify on my PC and everything works perfectly. However, when I'm using Spotify on my phone with Android or my iPad there is a problem: my playlists, starred songs don't ex...
  • lizlander
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed Facebook password, now Premium is gone

Hi, I changed my Facebook password yesterday, when I now log in at Spotify, it says i need to upgrade to Premium while I already had a Premium account. Is there any solution to this problem?

• Hi,   I changed my Facebook password yesterday, when I now log in at Spotify, it says i need to upgrade to Premium while I already had a Premium account. Is there any solution to this proble...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Premium

I have a message that appears "to go premium" as I am!

• Regular
  • I have a message that appears "to go premium" as I am!
  • fevrec53
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are downloaded filed stored on Galaxy S3?

I just started using Spotify premium and feel like a kid in a candy store. I downloaded 14 songs last night, and would like to find them on my phone. Does anyone know how I can find them on my Samsung Galaxy S3? Thanks. Petrocelli

• Music Fan
  • I just started using Spotify premium and feel like a kid in a candy store.   I downloaded 14 songs last night, and would like to find them on my phone.  Does anyone know how I can find ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync local files as Free user

I'm having trouble syncing my LOCAL files from my pc (network drive) to my android phone I have a number of playlists, some long, some short, which I wish to transfer to my phone. I have set the sync to manual, so I can choose the lists I wish to tra...

• Regular
  • I'm having trouble syncing my LOCAL files from my pc (network drive) to my android phone I have a number of playlists, some long, some short, which I wish to transfer to my phone. I have set the ...
  • paulschermer
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.1)

What's new in this version: Browse now features bigger cover images for new releases. New: Now you can filter sub-genres in Browse. New: We've extended the new releases section. Fixed: We've banished more bugs and bad things. Fictitious: This app is ...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version: Browse now features bigger cover images for new releases. New: Now you can filter sub-genres in Browse. New: We've extended the new releases section. Fixed: We'v...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes