Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to start genre radio in Android Auto?

PlanPremiumUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 connected to car Android Auto My Question or IssueIn the Android app it is possible to start a radio station based on a genre only (e.g. Pop). How do I start such a radio rather than a playlist via Android Auto? ...

• Plan Premium UK   Device Samsung Galaxy S8 connected to car Android Auto     My Question or Issue In the Android app it is possible to start a radio station based on a genre o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stations Reorder List?

I have been using the new Spotify Stations app and love it. One thing I can't figure out is how to reorder the Stations List. I've added a bunch of stations I listen to and want to reorder them so they're in an organized fashion. Right now they're ju...

• Regular
  • I have been using the new Spotify Stations app and love it. One thing I can't figure out is how to reorder the Stations List. I've added a bunch of stations I listen to and want to reorder them so th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Bring back recently played

Not sure who thought it was a good idea to get rid of recently played, but it wasn't. The new UI looks nice but the functionality is terrible. I dont want to have to search through my playlists to get back to what I want. Recently played basically ha...

• Not sure who thought it was a good idea to get rid of recently played, but it wasn't.   The new UI looks nice but the functionality is terrible. I dont want to have to search through my playli...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Shuffle play, repeat and queue buttons missing

CountryIndia DeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThe shuffle play, repeat and player queue buttons seem to have entirely disappeared from the interface of the latest Android app. I'm running the latest 8.5.9.737 versio...

• Country India  Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The shuffle play, repeat and player queue buttons seem to have entirely disappeared fro...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android Support
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Please restore vertical "recently played" list

Plan: premiumFree/PremiumCountry: US Device: Pixel 2 XL(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System: Android(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Just wrote detailed description and lost it, so, briefly: ...

• Plan:  premium Free/Premium Country:  US   Device:  Pixel 2 XL (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System:  Android (iOS 10, Android&...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Playing all of my downloaded music

With the new update I can't Shuffle play all of my songs at the same time? I used to be able to just go in and play every song I had downloaded now it seems I have to make a playlist which it won't even let me choose from my downloaded music so I don...

• With the new update I can't Shuffle play all of my songs at the same time? I used to be able to just go in and play every song I had downloaded now it seems I have to make a playlist which it won't e...
  • hoodeddefender
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Saving Individual Songs On New Update

I am a Premium Family user. On the latest update, there is no option to save individual songs to my library. I can save whole albums, but I don't always want to save the entire album. I also don't want to just 'like' it. How do I save individual song...

• I am a Premium Family user. On the latest update, there is no option to save individual songs to my library. I can save whole albums, but I don't always want to save the entire album. I also don't wa...
  • thelibrarycat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

The new Library UI signals a shift toward Spotify as a track platform at the expense of albums

As an album listener, the Recently Played list was the aspect of Spotify I used the most. If I discovered a song I liked through a playlist, I'd go through and play the album so that it saved to my Recently Played. This update rolled out on a Monday ...

• Casual Listener
  • As an album listener, the Recently Played list was the aspect of Spotify I used the most. If I discovered a song I liked through a playlist, I'd go through and play the album so that it sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Download when offline

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceHuawei Y6 2018Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Up until the most recent update I was able to click the download button for albums and podcasts with the do not download over cellular option selected in setti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ireland   Device Huawei Y6 2018 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Up until the most recent update I was able to click the downl...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Handy startet sich wegen Spotify immer wieder neu

Hallo erstmal,seit gut 2 Wochen startet mein Handy sich immer wieder neu,nach ungf 30 Sekunden. Erst als ich Spotify gelöscht habe hat es wieder normal funktioniert. Danach habe ich Spotify wieder heruntergeladen (es hat sich wieder die ganze Zeit ne...

• Hallo erstmal, seit gut 2 Wochen startet mein Handy sich immer wieder neu,nach ungf 30 Sekunden. Erst als ich Spotify gelöscht habe hat es wieder normal funktioniert. Danach habe ich Spotify wieder ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify va in pausa da solo

Samsung S8PremiumSalve a tuttiSpotify va in pausa da solo dopo 2 canzoni. Per far ripartire la musica devo staccare e riattacare i dati.Funziona solo su WIFI. Il problema me lo dà solo da poco tempo, probabilmente dopo l'aggiornamento di sistema. Ho ...

• Regular
  • Samsung S8 Premium Salve a tutti Spotify va in pausa da solo dopo 2 canzoni. Per far ripartire la musica devo staccare e riattacare i dati. Funziona solo su WIFI. Il problema me lo dà solo da poc...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the Android app

Plan: Premium for StudentsCountry: ItalyDevice: Samsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOperating System: Android Oreo 8.0 Hi, I have an issue with the last versions of Spotify. After the update of the app, a lot of songs that I saved in "Favorite song" disappeared. B...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium for Students Country: Italy Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Operating System: Android Oreo 8.0   Hi, I have an issue with the last versions of Spotify. After the update of th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove possibility to save duplicate songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermany My Question or IssueIt is currently possible to like a song on radio even if the album of that song is already saved to my library. After that, I have that song saved twice, once as the album version, once as single song. Th...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   My Question or Issue It is currently possible to like a song on radio even if the album of that song is already saved to my library. After that, I have that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify no longer working with in car bluetooth controls

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOneplus 3TOperating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueI updated to Andriod 9.0 on Saturday, and have reinstalled and updated all of my apps on a clean install. Since installing the latest version of Spotify on android 9 ...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Oneplus 3T Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue I updated to Andriod 9.0 on Saturday, and have reinstalled and updated all of my apps on a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth headphones won't play Spotify songs

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

2 Spotify accounts on the same phone, both updated but with totally different libraries. Please help

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Samsung Galaxy Note 9)Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueSo I started a Spotify account and it wouldn't allow me to link with my facebook, apparently I had an older account already linked so I renewed that ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 9) Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue So I started a Spotify account and it wouldn't allow me to link with...
  • MrMyk
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with Chromecast

PlanPremium Family PlanCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 plusOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, I have always used Google Chromecast to cast my Spotify to my television/speakers from both my computer or my smartphone. Well, C...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Plan Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9 plus Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, I have always used Google Chromecast to cast my Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Having trouble downloading songs on mobile app

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLenovo Vibe K5Operating SystemAndroid 6 Marshmallow My Question or IssueI'm attemping to download an album which is saved on my library, but everytime i flip the download switch it tells me to "Go to settings to download...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Lenovo Vibe K5 Operating System Android 6 Marshmallow   My Question or Issue I'm attemping to download an album which is saved on my library, but eve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random beeping when locking/unlocking since last update

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid PieSpotify Version8.5.9.737 My Question or IssueEver since updating yesterday, every time the phone is locked or unlocked, phantom notifications are causing an irritating...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android Pie Spotify Version 8.5.9.737   My Question or Issue Ever since updating yesterday, every ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync between devices is broken and app cant handle big data

PlanUnimportantCountryUnimportantDeviceUnimportantOperating SystemUnimportant My Question or IssueSyncing your saved songs between devices, especially between different operating systems, is totally broken. If I save a song while using the desktop ve...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Unimportant Country Unimportant Device Unimportant Operating System Unimportant   My Question or Issue Syncing your saved songs between devices, especially between different oper...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    bugs
    rant
    saved list
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes