Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatic open, connect (car) and continue playlist

Hey all,Is there any way to make Spotify automatically connect to my car and continue playing a playlist I was previously hearing?At the moment I always need to manually open Spotify, choose the car and then chose a playlist.I usually end up hearing ...

• Hey all, Is there any way to make Spotify automatically connect to my car and continue playing a playlist I was previously hearing? At the moment I always need to manually open Spotify, choose the ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I stop Spotify autostarting when phone hooks up woth bluetooth

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice Galaxy 10+Operating System: Android Pie (9)My Question or Issue: Everytime I get into my car which syncs bluetooth automatically with my phone, Spotify decides to start, despite the fact that it was not active be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device Galaxy 10+ Operating System: Android Pie (9) My Question or Issue: Everytime I get into my car which syncs bluetooth automatically with my phone, Spot...
  • gregjcollings
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Saved button has disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceNote 9Operating System I haven't the slightest clue My Question or IssueWhere I work, specifically, is a dead zone for my provider (sprint) so I cannot use the internet and they have little to no wi-fi. I saved songs and cr...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Note 9 Operating System 😅 I haven't the slightest clue   My Question or Issue Where I work, specifically, is a dead zone for my provider (sprint) so I ...
  • selina8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem z muzyką

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevice(samsung galaxy j7)Operating System(android 8.1.0)Witam. Słucham w pracy spotify przez telefon i zestaw 2+1. Od pewnego czasu mam problem z płynnym słuchaniem, a mianowicie bywa , że odpale np. moją playlistę i nagle utw...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device (samsung galaxy j7) Operating System (android 8.1.0) Witam. Słucham w pracy spotify przez telefon i zestaw 2+1. Od pewnego czasu mam problem z płynnym słuch...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back the old layout

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThis new update design, while it is nice to have landscape mode the face design is ugly, why did you completely remove the album a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue This new update design, while it is nice to have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly thumbnail

My discover weekly thumbnail is a photo of me and my ex and i wanted changed although am not connected to Facebook and am already deactivated Facebook and i did not make the account using Facebook so please can you tell me a wy to change the thumbnai...

• Casual Listener
  •   My discover weekly thumbnail is a photo of me and my ex and i wanted changed although am not connected to Facebook and am already deactivated Facebook and i did not make the account using Fac...
  • Khan_elgammal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to listen to filtered songs

PremiumGalaxy S7Sometimes I want to listen to a single artist so what I did b4 was to go to my liked songs and filter it so only the artist's songs would show up. Then I would click shuffle play or click on a song and every song that played after was...

•   Premium Galaxy S7 Sometimes I want to listen to a single artist so what I did b4 was to go to my liked songs and filter it so only the artist's songs would show up. Then I would click shuff...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • filter
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Songs" Option Missing from Library Suddenly

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueOvernight, the Library page on my Spotify app changed and the songs option is no longer available. Instead I can select from Music and Podcasts along the top, and...

•   Plan Premium   Country US   Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Overnight, the Library page on my Spotify app changed and the so...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution SD Card Problem

I bought a Micro SD card just so I can download songs on Spotify. It was completely problem-free and I used it for almost a year. Now I've switched to a newer phone and I used the same SD Card for almost a month. But suddenly 2 days ago I got an erro...

• Regular
  • I bought a Micro SD card just so I can download songs on Spotify. It was completely problem-free and I used it for almost a year. Now I've switched to a newer phone and I used the same SD Card for al...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Transfer Music

Hello, I have two android phones and I have Spotify Premium. The issue here is that the wifi does not work in one of those phones and my data plan is not unlimited, so downloading the music to play it offline or to stream it is not an option. Is ther...

• Hello, I have two android phones and I have Spotify Premium. The issue here is that the wifi does not work in one of those phones and my data plan is not unlimited, so downloading the music to play i...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

While using Spotify Connect, dislike button disappears.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid Pie (9) My Question or IssueWhen I use Spotify Connect and listen to my Discover Weekly Playlist, the option to dislike a track disappears. It is only on the Discover Weekly Playlist, radio i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android Pie (9)   My Question or Issue When I use Spotify Connect and listen to my Discover Weekly Playlist, the option...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding Songs from Mobile to Spotify Mobile

trying to add a downloaded song to my mobile spotify. i was successful at doing this on my macbook pro through creating a local files folders and connecting from spotify, however, this is not the swift case for my mobile. i am on a android / motorola...

• trying to add a downloaded song to my mobile spotify.   i was successful at doing this on my macbook pro through creating a local files folders and connecting from spotify, however, this i...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Waze Notification Pixel 2

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 Hi everyone. I've been having troubles recently with the Waze notification bar staying permanently on my phone's notifications. After a quick Google search, I found that the issue has...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9   Hi everyone. I've been having troubles recently with the Waze notification bar staying permanently on my phon...
  • Migelean
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Notifications
    Waze
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Sometimes Spotify will not play the next song, even with internet. I have to close the app. Help.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • ChloeMajeske
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Este artículo no está disponible para su país

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

Screenshot_20190516_071225_com.android.vending.jpg
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect with Xbox One X Showing the Wrong Song Everywhere

Lately when I'm using Spotify Connect to play music on my Xbox One the song names are all wrong. For example my phone will say it's playing song x, the Xbox will show song y, but the song actually playing is song z. It's a longer playlist and it seem...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately when I'm using Spotify Connect to play music on my Xbox One the song names are all wrong.  For example my phone will say it's playing song x, the Xbox will show song y, but the song actua...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android [Brasil]

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDeviceMOTO G6Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueEstou tendo um problema com meu spotify ao tentor abri-lo, eu formatei o celular e logo após baixei o app do spotify na play store e abriu normalmente, no dia seguin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil Device MOTO G6 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Estou tendo um problema com meu spotify ao tentor abri-lo, eu formatei o celular e logo a...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops when screen is closed/locked

I don't know when it started, but it's gotta be since a recent update. Every time i close my screen to put my cell in my pocket, spotify stops. I have to press resume every time, then it stops again. It even stops and put the song at it's beginning a...

• I don't know when it started, but it's gotta be since a recent update. Every time i close my screen to put my cell in my pocket, spotify stops. I have to press resume every time, then it stops again....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat Issue

Alright so I've been looking through old posts, but I'm still having a serious issue with repeating a song on Spotify, both my Galaxy S10e and my MacBook Air. I've tried it all- clicking the repeat button once, and then twice so it has the little num...

• Alright so I've been looking through old posts, but I'm still having a serious issue with repeating a song on Spotify, both my Galaxy S10e and my MacBook Air.   I've tried it all- clicking the...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Mac
    repeat
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use rewind in the lock screen.

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo, My Question or IssueHello!Recently i bough a new phone and one of the reasons was because of this issue. Let's say i'm listening to a song i like. I love repeating songs i...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android Oreo,   My Question or Issue Hello! Recently i bough a new phone and one of the reasons was becaus...
  • agungkun
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes