Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Albums defaulting to shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9Despite taking shuffle off downloaded albums, ever time I play them again they are back on shuffle. It seems to default to this all the time. Any suggestions?

• Plan Premium Country UK Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9 Despite taking shuffle off downloaded albums, ever time I play them again they are back on shuffle. It seems to default to ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums are no longer added to liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHonor 6XOperating SystemAndroid 7, EMUI 5 My Question or IssueThis has been happening ever since i got the new (worse) navigation with an update.: When I save an album its songss are no longer added to the "Liked Songs"...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Honor 6X Operating System Android 7, EMUI 5   My Question or Issue This has been happening ever since i got the new (worse) navigation with an updat...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

an ad that won't 'dismiss' off the daily mix playlist screen

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid There is an ad blocking the screen when I'm trying to look at my daily mix playlist while listening to it. And I try clicking "dismiss" but the background changes sometimes but you still...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android      There is an ad blocking the screen when I'm trying to look at my daily mix playlist while listenin...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Ads freezing app
    Android
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Album Art missing from downloaded Local Files.

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceHonor 8x (Android Oreo)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have many local song files that aren't on Spotify that I have downloaded to my Android and each of the songs have different album art. Problem: Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Honor 8x (Android Oreo) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have many local song files that aren't on Spotify that I have download...
  • ElainaD
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    bug android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I dont have a library of saved songs

PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung galaxy S9+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI seem to no longer have a library, everytime I save a song it adds it to a playlist called liked songs and not to my library. The only...

• Premium Country   Device Samsung galaxy S9+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I seem to no longer have a library, everytime I sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not syncing from mac to android phone

I have Spotify Premium and I am able to access my local files on my Mac computer. I created a playlist and added a soundtack from my local files to the playlist. All the songs transferred over on my Mac and I can play them on the computer, but only 4...

• I have Spotify Premium and I am able to access my local files on my Mac computer. I created a playlist and added a soundtack from my local files to the playlist. All the songs transferred over on my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Active Watch

Guys, I just got a new Samsung Active Watch and downloaded the Spotify App, but I simple don't have the 'Remote Mode' in it settings. It just allows me to play it as a standalone device. I just wanna use it to control the music in my phone. I already...

• Guys,   I just got a new Samsung Active Watch and downloaded the Spotify App, but I simple don't have the 'Remote Mode' in it settings. It just allows me to play it as a standalone device. I j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • remote mode
    Samsung Gear
    samsung wear
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Like dislike buttons on radio?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAre the Thumbs up and thumbs down buttons on Radio gone? How do I choose what songs I like or dislike to change the radio to be more to my liking?

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Are the Thumbs up and thumbs down buttons on Radio gone? How do I choose wha...
  • WalkingBlkBear
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Downloads not showing up

My Question or IssueIf I have more than 100 downloads on any artist they don't show up. I will click the artist & it will show the loading circle and then just be blank. This happens for to of my favorite artists & is very frustrating. It started hap...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue If I have more than 100 downloads on any artist they don't show up. I will click the artist & it will show the loading circle and then just be blank. This happens for to of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Control Buttons dont work on lockscreen S10±

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 9 My Question or IssueThe Control Buttons appear on the lockscreen but dont work. Spotify is allowed to run all the time, so I dont think It is a permission error

•   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android Oreo 9   My Question or Issue The Control Buttons appear on the lockscreen but dont work. Spotif...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

No way to stop Chromecasting in the app

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Google Chromecast 3rd GenerationOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueThere is no way to stop casting to a Chromecast from the Spotify app. Have to open Google Home app and ov...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Google Chromecast 3rd Generation Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue There is no way to stop casti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Home Chromecast Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] [Shuffle Play] Art Cover Bug

DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo Bug Report:When you go on an artist page and play with [Shuffle Play] every art cover are zoomed as if it was a video and you can press the image to remove the interface.It's not doing it on every ar...

• Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo   Bug Report: When you go on an artist page and play with [Shuffle Play] every art cover are zoomed as if it was a video and you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio Stations arent working as described....

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueRadio Stations recently changed functionality. However even the new described functionality is not working for me. I create a station and it downloads a 50 song playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Radio Stations recently changed functionality. However even the new described f...
  • DiazEA
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share songs on instagram stories

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceXiaomi Pocophone F1Operating SystemAndroid Pie (Android 9)My Question or IssueI don't have the option to share songs on instagram after I tried to reinstall Spotify again and again.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Operating System Android Pie (Android 9) My Question or Issue I don't have the option to share songs on instagram after I tried to rein...
  • Eduardosaurio_
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Instagram spotify premium
    Instagram Stories
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Unplayable music

Hi, I always listen to the song "hit em up" -tupac but today I went to listen and the music was not touchable, why this? the rapper is dead, please, how do I fix this?

• Hi, I always listen to the song "hit em up" -tupac but today I went to listen and the music was not touchable, why this? the rapper is dead, please, how do I fix this?
  • ThaKilla
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify in ultra power saving mode

PlanPremiumCountry France DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhen I (or when it automaticaly) lock my phone in ultra power saving mode, spotify stop playing musics after few seconds. I think this is caused by andro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France  Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue When I (or when it automaticaly) lock my phone in ultra power savin...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Pause/Skip Lock Screen Issue

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceS10+Operating SystemAndroid 9 (Pie) Spotify Version 8.5.0.735My Question or IssueOn lock screen music cannot be paused or forwarded/reversed to next/previous song. Started happening 4-9-19 Have already unintstalled and reins...

• Plan Premium Country US Device S10+ Operating System Android 9 (Pie) Spotify Version 8.5.0.735 My Question or Issue On lock screen music cannot be paused or forwarded/reversed to next/previo...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost artists and partial albums with update

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 and PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueSince the latest update, I cannot look up saved songs by artist. Also, partial albums are gone from my albums list. I am a Premi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S7 and PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the latest update, I cannot look up saved song...
  • Kblev
  • 9 replies
  • 17 likes
  • artist
    Update
  • 9 replies
  • 17 likes

Superuser Contribution Where did my library songs list go?

I've been using the premium for family for about 4 months now. at first in my library i had four lists: playlists, artists, albums, and songs (these are my downloaded lists). a while ago an update occurred and the songs list disappeared on my mobile ...

• I've been using the premium for family for about 4 months now. at first in my library i had four lists: playlists, artists, albums, and songs (these are my downloaded lists).   a while ago an ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung S10 and galaxy buds. Touchpads not working

Just recd s10 plus and galaxy buds. For some reason the touchpads won't change track, pause, etc. Work fine In other music apps. Anyone else have this problem and a possible fix ?

• Casual Listener
  • Just recd s10 plus and galaxy buds.  For some reason the touchpads won't change track, pause, etc.  Work fine In other music apps.     Anyone else have this problem and a p...
  • staituk
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes