Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trotz neustem Update keine Designänderung

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 6tOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHallo,wie im angehängten Screenshot zu sehen, wurden in Spotify ja Designänderungen im Bereich des aktuell abgespielten Tracks vorgenommen. Diese Änderungen sind a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 6t Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hallo, wie im angehängten Screenshot zu sehen, wurden in Spotify ja Designänderungen i...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing on Galaxy S8

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice Samsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemOne UI My Question or IssueSpotify keeps crashing and the lock screen function no longer works. I have logged out. Restated my phone and finally done a reinstall. All to no avail. Please fix...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device  Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System One UI   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps crashing and the lock screen function no longer works.  I have ...
  • 444ron
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • app crashing
    lock screen functionality stopped.
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Volume controls not working properly

PlanPremiumDeviceLG G7 Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueWhen trying to adjust the volume setting while playing some music in the spotify app, the call volume is changing instead of the music volume. And the steps are not smooth from lo...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device LG G7  Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue When trying to adjust the volume setting while playing some music in the spotify app,  the call v...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing showing in albums or artists

Any of the songs I download don't show up in albums or artists and I also don't have a section for songs. I can't even get this page to let me submit my question without going through 15 steps. PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto X4Operating SystemAndroi...

• Visitor
  • Any of the songs I download don't show up in albums or artists and I also don't have a section for songs. I can't even get this page to let me submit my question without going through 15 steps. &nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

wth new update

Latest app update is either poorly designed or downloaded wrong.I think the new version of the spotify app isn't working correctly. When I go to my library almost none of the artists in my library can be viewed and almost none of the albums are liste...

• Latest app update is either poorly designed or downloaded  wrong. I think the new version of the spotify app isn't working correctly. When I go to my library almost none of the artists in my li...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

New design

PlanPremium (since 2015)CountryHungaryDeviceNokia 7 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 9.0 Pie My Question or Issue Hi Guys! I'm a Premium member since 2015 and the design is almost always the same for me. I created another account 3 days ago and it has a n...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (since 2015) Country Hungary Device Nokia 7 Plus Operating System Android 9.0 Pie   My Question or Issue   Hi Guys!   I'm a Premium member since 2015 and the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Auto-turn off.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHonor lite 9My Question or IssueHi guys.I have a simple problem that I hope you can't easily help me to solve.I run long distances and when I run I always listen to music with headphones and my phone on my arm. But after app...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Honor lite 9 My Question or Issue Hi guys. I have a simple problem that I hope you can't easily help me to solve. I run long distances and when I run I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain in Note 9

High Battery drain by spotify in my Note 9PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy Note 9)Operating System(Android Pie)

• Visitor
  • High Battery drain by spotify in my Note 9 Plan Premium Country India Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 9) Operating System (Android Pie)  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • battery drain
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No made for you tab in my Spotify app.

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceOneplus 2Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1My Question or IssueThere is no made for you tab in the Spotify app for my android ver. 6.0.1. I have to manually search for my daily and weekly mixes. I didn't buy premium to get hal...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Oneplus 2 Operating System Android 6.0.1 My Question or Issue There is no made for you tab in the Spotify app for my android ver. 6.0.1.  I have to ma...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Andorid
    made for you
    oneplus 2
    Playlists
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Made for You still not working after 6 days on both phone and laptop

PlanPremiumCountryU.S. DeviceAsus Laptop, Sumsung Galaxy 5Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or Issue The Made for You tab is empty and says "Keep listening to the music you love. Once we know what you listen to...” All other functions s...

• Plan Premium Country U.S.   Device Asus Laptop, Sumsung Galaxy 5 Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  The Made for You tab is empty and says "Keep li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

+ liked song issue and saved album

There seems a bug or something that seems very annoying if expected behaviour. I did like the heart icon when in free version for liking songs and albums. Now I've upgraded to premium these are missing. But my issue... If select a song in an album an...

• There seems a bug or something that seems very annoying if expected behaviour. I did like the heart icon when in free version for liking songs and albums. Now I've upgraded to premium these are missi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I comeback to the lastest version of the apps, before your update.

How can I comeback to the oldest version? I really like to listen my music by artists but, I don't want to be connected on my data when I am in my car. There is no more Artists list from A to Z... Really disappointed. Your new update won't allow this...

• Casual Listener
  • How can I comeback to the oldest version? I really like to listen my music by artists but, I don't want to be connected on my data when I am in my car. There is no more Artists list from A to Z... Re...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Artists tab now just followed artists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry My Question or IssueSince the update, the artists tab is now longer a list of artists for whom I have albums saved. Just a list of followed artists. Who asked for this? I never thought I'd leave Spotify but this is atrocious. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country     My Question or Issue Since the update, the artists tab is now longer a list of artists for whom I have albums saved. Just a list of followed artists. Who...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My spotify library layout suddenly changed

(Samsung galaxy s8)My spotify library layout suddenly changed so now it doesnt show me my recent listens as it used to.It used to have tabs for the playlists, albums, podcast, etc. at the top and a list of stuff i had just listened to underneath it.N...

• Visitor
  • (Samsung galaxy s8) My spotify library layout suddenly changed so now it doesnt show me my recent listens as it used to. It used to have tabs for the playlists, albums, podcast, etc. at the top and...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Lost all my songs! And navigating is **bleep** now

PlanPremium familyCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHere's what changed on my sister's phone recently:1) most of her songs are gone2) the settings icon is now located on the Home page instead of the L...

• Plan Premium family Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Here's what changed on my sister's phone recently: 1) most of her songs...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Sharing to Instagram Story Not Working

I updated Instagram, I have spotify premium for the latest version 8.4.97.807. I have Android, but it doesn't allow me to share music on Instagram either in private or in stories

• Casual Listener
  • I updated Instagram, I have spotify premium for the latest version 8.4.97.807. I have Android, but it doesn't allow me to share music on Instagram either in private or in stories
  • Rules10
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs unavialble

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMany songs are unavailable for my spotify account like those of Linkin Park and many others.And also when I tried changing my location to USA in order to get tho...

• Plan Free Country India Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Many songs are unavailable for my spotify account like those of Linkin Park and many ...
  • dregnor
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly plays to a device I've never heard of

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle Pixel 2xlOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueCompletely at random Spotify will change to a device I've never heard of, it also changes the track at the same time. This can happen while listening on my pho...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel 2xl Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Completely at random Spotify will change to a device I've never heard of, it also c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Ads

I get that the only way you get people to buy premium is to annoy the f*ck out of them with premium ads. I get that you need ads to support the free version of spotify. I would love it if you stopped sucking you own d*cks by having three premium ads ...

• Visitor
  • I get that the only way you get people to buy premium is to annoy the f*ck out of them with premium ads. I get that you need ads to support the free version of spotify. I would love it if you stopped...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums from library not showing up

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceAsus Zenfone 5 Selfie LiteOperating SystemAndroid Nougat 7.1.1 My Question or Issue When I open my app, it shows all of my saved artists, informs all of my downloaded and saved songs, but when I try to open some artists,...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie Lite Operating System Android Nougat 7.1.1   My Question or Issue   When I open my app, it shows all of my saved artists,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes