Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Replaying cached song

PlanPremiumDeviceLG V20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIs there a way to force spotify on android, or the desktop to play a cached song.I was lsitening to a song a few days ago on the discover weekly playlist that I really enjoyed. I forg...

• Plan Premium Device LG V20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Is there a way to force spotify on android, or the desktop to play a cached song. I was lsitening to a son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop app when using other device

How do I stop my android app from working when I'm listening to music in my smart tv or computer? It consumes all my battery!! PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+ / Smart TV / ComputerOperating SystemAndroid Oreo

• How do I stop my android app from working when I'm listening to music in my smart tv or computer? It consumes all my battery!!   Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ / ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Share on Instagram Stories

PlanPremium CountryTurkey DeviceHTC 10 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhenever I try to share a song in my Instagram Stories, when I tap on the share option, I never get the Share on Instagram Stories option. And needles to say, the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Turkey   Device HTC 10   Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to share a song in my Instagram Stories, when...
  • glassedguy07
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Stranger Things mode not working

Does the Stranger Things mode still work in Android? It does not work for me. Plan: PremiumCountry: FinlandDevice: Nexus 7 (2013)Operating System: Android 6.0

• Gig Goer
  • Does the Stranger Things mode still work in Android? It does not work for me.   Plan: Premium Country: Finland Device: Nexus 7 (2013) Operating System: Android 6.0  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • StrangerThings
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a station

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue No longer able to add artist radio choice so to appear in Stations. I have 50+ artist radio choices that appear in Stations, but can't seem to add any more artis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  No longer able to add artist radio choice so to appear in Stations.  I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Add a "Releases" button to mobile?

It would be nice to have an easy way to select a particular release of an album on mobile. Something similar to the "Releases" button on the desktop client would be perfect. Right now the only way I know of to find a particular release of an album is...

• Casual Listener
  • It would be nice to have an easy way to select a particular release of an album on mobile. Something similar to the "Releases" button on the desktop client would be perfect.   Right now the on...
  • pdbrantley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play songs from filtered artist only in custom playlist

I have my own playlist containing over 7K tracks. Sometimes I only want to listen to tracks from one artist, back to back within this playlist. I go into my playlist and search for the artist. Up comes the results, only displaying tracks featuring th...

• I have my own playlist containing over 7K tracks.   Sometimes I only want to listen to tracks from one artist, back to back within this playlist.   I go into my playlist and search...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Missing podcast episodes

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice - Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System My Question or Issue I used to get daily 1 hour episodes of the Chicks on the Right podcasts and ever since Nov/Dec, that has stopped. Why aren't the episodes populating? Today was the fi...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device - Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System     My Question or Issue  I used to get daily 1 hour episodes of the Chicks on the Right podcasts...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically plays on car sterio when I start my car

Each time I start my car, Spotify starts up and begins to play. It doesn't matter if I turn spotify off. The initiation sequence on my car's sterio somehow triggers it to start up, and begin playing. I do not want this. I have tried searching a solut...

• Regular
  •   Each time I start my car, Spotify starts up and begins to play. It doesn't matter if I turn spotify off. The initiation sequence on my car's sterio somehow triggers it to start up, and b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloaded songs can't be found

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.DeviceMoto G3Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 My Question or Issue I downloaded 2 playlists' worth of songs. I slid the "download" slider over, and they started downloading one by one. I watched the progress. Now, when I got to "My ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  U.S. Device Moto G3 Operating System Android 6.0   My Question or Issue  I downloaded 2 playlists' worth of songs.  I slid the "download" slid...
  • vtstang66
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play active songs

PlanPremiumCountry BulgariaDeviceLenovo P2Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue I can't play songs that are active (white) and I have previously played without any problem. I have no problem with internet speed. I have tried uninstalling and...

• Plan Premium Country  Bulgaria Device Lenovo P2 Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue  I can't play songs that are active (white) and I have previously played wit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug when trying to replay a podcast

My Question or IssueThere is a bug when you're trying to replay a podcast that you have already listened to. If you complete a podcast (so there is 0-1 seconds left), if you try to click play again, it plays the last 1 second and jumps to the next po...

• My Question or Issue There is a bug when you're trying to replay a podcast that you have already listened to. If you complete a podcast (so there is 0-1 seconds left), if you try to click play again...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesn't work (keeps loading and closes).

Plan: FreeCountry: BelgiumDevice: Moto G5 sOperating System: Android 7.1.1 My Question or IssueHi everyone, the Spotify app on my phone stopped working overnight. Yesterday it was still running, today it keeps loading. There's the green 'loading' cir...

• Plan: Free Country: Belgium Device: Moto G5 s Operating System: Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue Hi everyone,   the Spotify app on my phone stopped working overnight. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone else noticed the change to artist radio where they are now playlists without thunbs?

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 PlusOperating System Android version 8.0.0My Question or Issue In Spotify version 8.4.84.874 I noticed many artist radio stations were changed to playlists. And I can no longer thumb up or down ...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Operating System  Android version 8.0.0 My Question or Issue  In Spotify version 8.4.84.874 I noticed many ar...
  • tlcastle
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Clearing queue and playing album

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 Operating SystemAndroid 8 App Version8.4.91 My Question or IssueThere are 2 things that it really amazes me that they are not possible to do at least in the android app:1. Clear the queue. Really??? This basic featu...

• Plan Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy 8   Operating System Android 8   App Version 8.4.91   My Question or Issue There are 2 things that it really amazes me that they ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to keep Spotify Controls on Lockscreen without the album art showing as my lockscreen

I'm not sure on how to keep the spotify music controls on my lock screen without the album image being enlarged as my lockscreen image (Photo included so y'all can understand what I mean)

• Regular
  • I'm not sure on how to keep the spotify music controls on my lock screen without the album image being enlarged as my lockscreen image   (Photo included so y'all can understand what I mean)
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Some songs wont start at the beginning

PlanPremiumCountry US DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+ Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI listen to the Daily mix playlist every day from my phone while I am at work, and sometimes when it switches songs, the song will start 1-2 minutes into the so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  US   Device Samsung Galaxy 8+   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I listen to the Daily mix playlist every day from my phone while ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I need spotify to not automatically connect to bluetooth on Android

Spotify keeps interupting my phone calls when I am talking on my true wireless bluetooth earbuds. It will cut off audio from the call I am having and just make clicking sounds as it tries to take over the audio and launch the podcast I had been listn...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps interupting my phone calls when I am talking on my true wireless bluetooth earbuds.  It will cut off audio from the call I am having and just make clicking sounds as it tries to ta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification shows wrong track on Android

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDevicePixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueDuring streaming to a Chromecast Audio, after a few track, both the notification and the in-app screen show different tracks which are currently playing. I have to refre...

screenshot.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Pixel 3 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue During streaming to a Chromecast Audio, after a few track, both the notification and the in-a...
  • guerda
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App UI on phone problem

PlanFremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceMi A1Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueMy old Spotify account had a storage problem (keeps switching to internal storage by itself) and I decided to make a new account. This new account however had issues...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Fremium Country Malaysia Device Mi A1 Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue My old Spotify account had a storage problem (keeps switching to internal storage by itse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes