Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ryocrybabyy
  • Casual Listener
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant download songs.

Hey. I can't download songs. I want to download a playlist and it starts download but stops after 3 songs. Can someone help me ?In German : Hey. Ich kann keine Lieder runterladen. Ich will eine Playlist runterladen und er läd die s ongs runter aber s...

• Hey. I can't download songs. I want to download a playlist and it starts download but stops after 3 songs. Can someone help me ? In German : Hey. Ich kann keine Lieder runterladen. Ich will eine Pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs Still Streaming over Wifi

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hi all, I have slow wifi at work, which causes random pauses in songs (typically for a second or less) when streaming over wifi. To fix this, I create...

• Plan Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Hi all,   I have slow wifi at work, which causes random...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Track randomly starts playing mid session!

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(iPhone 6 and Huawei P20 Pro) My Question or Issue Hi all. For the past couple of months I have encountered songs by the same artist (Slepym) playing when I have not instructed Spotify to do so. The artist I have never list...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device (iPhone 6 and Huawei P20 Pro)     My Question or Issue  Hi all. For the past couple of months I have encountered songs by the same artist ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Find in Playlist" doesnt come close to the old Filter option!

My Question or IssueThe new "Find in Playlist" option that you just implemented comes nowhere close to filtering a playlist.In the old system you could filter songs in a playlist and it would only play those songs. Now you can "Find" results in a pla...

• Music Fan
  • My Question or Issue The new "Find in Playlist" option that you just implemented comes nowhere close to filtering a playlist. In the old system you could filter songs in a  playlist and i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Filter songs
    Playlist functionality
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ringtones and notification sound muted

Since the last version, once I disconnect my cellphone from the car with android auto, the phone seems to be muted. But the volume is at maximum. When I force the Spotify app to close, goes normal again Thank youPlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevice Sams...

• Since the last version, once I disconnect my cellphone from the car with android auto, the phone seems to be muted. But the volume is at maximum.    When I force the Spotify app to close,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Forced to redownload entire library

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceNokia 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I took my sd card out and when i put it back in my phone Spotify wants to re-download over 1000 songs lol.... Why doesn't the app just relink to the existing encrypted music...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Nokia 3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I took my sd card out and when i put it back in my phone Spotify wants to re-do...
  • Digler2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Development] Get current song of non-friend

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueIn development, is it possible to use the API to get the current song of somebody that is not your friend?

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue In development, is it possible to use the API to get the current song of somebody that is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

EXTREME Battery drain

No idea of what is going on , bought this phone last week and spotify was one o the first apps that i've installed , used it until yesterday with no problems , suddenly noticed that my battery was draining (like 5% in 10 min of use) went to check and...

• Casual Listener
  • No idea of what is going on , bought this phone last week and spotify was one o the first apps that i've installed , used it until yesterday with no problems , suddenly noticed that my battery was dr...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't start the radio station, please try again later

PlanFamily CountryIreland DeviceLG Nexus 5 Spotify Version8.4.84.874 Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1, Nova launcher My Question or IssueI've added my daughter to the family account and repurposed an old Android phone as a Spotify player. Music is playi...

• Regular
  •   Plan Family   Country Ireland   Device LG Nexus 5   Spotify Version 8.4.84.874   Operating System Android 6.0.1, Nova launcher   My Question or Issue ...
  • poli151
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists not working after creating an account

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung Seven edgeOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I wanted to get a spotify account but someone already had my email so I deleted that account and created a new account today. But whe...

• Plan Free Country   Device Samsung Seven edge Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I wanted to get a spotify account but some...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I post a question in the appropriate forum?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceLaptop/AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10, Android Oreo My Question or IssueI'm a new user to Spotify and still in the free period for my premium subscription.I have a question regarding export/import of playlist...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia   Device Laptop/Android Operating System Windows 10, Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I'm a new user to Spotify and still in the free ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Auto - No Internet Connection

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 / Android Auto (Kia headunit)Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueSince the last update (8.4.84.874 / 11 Dec 2018), Spotify running in Andoid Auto is complaining there is no internet connection, w...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device Samsung Galaxy S7 / Android Auto (Kia headunit) Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue Since the last update (8.4.84.874 / 11 Dec 2018),...
  • dparnell
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs Skipping Automatically

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceXiaomi Mi5sOperating SystemMiui 10 My Question or Issue Hi! Spotify has started to skip songs automatically. Sometimes when then song has just began, sometimes at second 15. Not always the same. Also have some playlists ...

• Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Xiaomi Mi5s Operating System Miui 10   My Question or Issue   Hi! Spotify has started to skip songs automatically. Sometimes when then son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Song skipping automatically
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to turn on video/animation when playing songs that are video compatible on spotify

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceOnePlus6T A6013Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue My friend using Oneplus 6 are able to view the video when playing many songs on spotify but I can't ..... any solution?

• Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device OnePlus6T A6013 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  My friend using Oneplus 6 are able to view the video when playing many s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Animations
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Lowers volume every time battery percentage changes

After upgrading to Android Pie on my Samsung Galaxy S9, Spotify lowers volume every time the battery percentage changes, when listening using (Bluetooth) headphones. Audio level drops for half a second and then restores.

• Gig Goer
  • After upgrading to Android Pie on my Samsung Galaxy S9, Spotify lowers volume every time the battery percentage changes, when listening using (Bluetooth) headphones. Audio level drops for half a seco...
  • Kanel
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Pie
    volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to sort playlists (songs in playlists) on Android?

Hi there,maybe im just too stupid to find the button but how to sort the songs in a playlist?e.g. sorted "last added" "name" and so on.atm im getting stupid while searching a song in my playlist.on the computer its just one click but i cant find it a...

• Hi there, maybe im just too stupid to find the button but how to sort the songs in a playlist? e.g. sorted "last added" "name" and so on. atm im getting stupid while searching a song in my playlis...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting songs on androiod

Hello, I cannot seem to sort the songs on a playlist on my phone (e.g. by date added, by artsit). I can do this on the computer, but not the mobile. This is slightly annoying as e.g. some playlists are in alphabetic order on the computer, but on the ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I cannot seem to sort the songs on a playlist on my phone (e.g. by date added, by artsit). I can do this on the computer, but not the mobile. This is slightly annoying as e.g. some playli...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Deletion triggers of a downloaded song

PlanPremium(Family)Country TurkeyDeviceASUS ZenFone 2Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1My Question or Issue I have a playlist created, which I set the songs in the list to be auto-downloaded. Today I thought about removing a song from that list, but I cou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium(Family) Country  Turkey Device ASUS ZenFone 2 Operating System Android 6.0.1 My Question or Issue  I have a playlist created, which I set the songs in the list to be a...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Your Music] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

PlanPremiumCountry Philippines Devicexiaomi redmi note 5 pro Operating SystemAndroid 9 (pie) I've always added songs via the windows app by clicking the "+" button right next to the song's name. It always appears in the "songs" playlist (in the windo...

Screenshot_Spotify_20190110-120332.png Screenshot_Spotify_20190110-120349.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Philippines  Device xiaomi redmi note 5 pro  Operating System Android 9 (pie)   I've always added songs via the windows app by clicking the "+" butt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs in "downloaded" playlist, not downloaded anymore?

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueFor some reason, suddenly some tracks are not downloaded anymore in a downloaded playlist (the gren arrow turns grey) see attached picture.Why is this happen...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue For some reason, suddenly some tracks are not downloaded anymore in a downlo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes