Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can skip more than six songs

PlanFreeCountry ItalyDeviceSamsung J7 (I think)Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or IssueOk, first of all, it's a pain to log a bug, I don't even know if this is the right place to do so. But, here goes. This morning, I was able to skip more ...

• Plan Free Country  Italy Device Samsung J7 (I think) Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue Ok, first of all, it's a pain to log a bug, I don't even know if this is...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost skips

Spotify has created special playlist with my favorite music, like the daily's and top listened songs of the year. My issue is that these playlist used to allow me to skip and pick the absolute best, but now spotify has taken this away and stuck them ...

• Visitor
  • Spotify has created special playlist with my favorite music, like the daily's and top listened songs of the year. My issue is that these playlist used to allow me to skip and pick the absolute best, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'See Discography' broken!

Premium.Seems to be an Android or Samsung thing (as usual!). Wife's iPhone is fine. My Question or IssueJust want to reiterate what others have said already. So we're now required to use a 'See Discography ' button to get beyond Popular Releases BUT ...

• Music Fan
  • Premium. Seems to be an Android or Samsung thing (as usual!). Wife's iPhone is fine.   My Question or Issue Just want to reiterate what others have said already. So we're now required to use...
  • spaceburglar
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

ALL FILLED UP

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMoto Gen 3Operating SystemAndroid Well that sucks, because I'm most definitely not all filled up. Also, my phone has well over a gigabyte. I've deleted a ton of albums. The strange thing is that it still lets me download p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Moto Gen 3 Operating System Android   Well that sucks, because I'm most definitely not all filled up. Also, my phone has well over a gigabyte. I'...
  • Travisismon
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't run at all

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceGoogle Nexus 7 (2013)Operating SystemAndroid 6.01 My Question or Issue Spotify version 8.4.91.837 was just installed to my device and it does not run at all. The app initially loads and displays the Spotify logo for a...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Google Nexus 7 (2013) Operating System Android 6.01   My Question or Issue  Spotify version 8.4.91.837 was just installed to my device...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No IG Story sharing option version 2019

PlanFreeCountry UAEDeviceHuawei P9Lite,Operating SystemKirin, Android 7.0My Question or Issue I still don't have the IG Story sharing option. I yried to uninstall and reinstall both IG and Spotify and it stil doesn't work.

•   Plan Free Country  UAE Device Huawei P9Lite, Operating System Kirin, Android 7.0 My Question or Issue  I still don't have the IG Story sharing option. I yried to uninstall ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung galaxy watch - automatically playing music

I got a Samsung Galaxy Watch today and I've noticed that after the microphone is engaged (such as after a phone call or using Bixby), spotify automatically carries on playing my music from where I last paused it. Is anybody else experiencing this iss...

• Casual Listener
  • I got a Samsung Galaxy Watch today and I've noticed that after the microphone is engaged (such as after a phone call or using Bixby), spotify automatically carries on playing my music from where I la...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

queue button has gone with last update

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceOneplus 3tOperating Systemandroid My Question or IssueWith last update the queue button has gone, i cannot find it.

• Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Oneplus 3t Operating System android   My Question or Issue With last update the queue button has gone, i cannot find it.  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium settings are unvailable?

I have student premium, and have had for years. For some reason lately I have felt a difference in the way my music sounds, and it feels like my spotify is different. I go into my settings to find that many of my settings on my android spotify app sa...

•     I have student premium, and have had for years. For some reason lately I have felt a difference in the way my music sounds, and it feels like my spotify is different. I go into my set...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liking/Dislike in daily mixes don't appear when an artist uploaded video is playing

PlanPremiumDeviceHuawei Honor 8Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue In the app, the buttons to 'like' or remove an artist/song from a daily mix playlist do not appear if there's an artist uploaded video. In the notification, the buttons app...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Device Huawei Honor 8 Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue  In the app, the buttons to 'like' or remove an artist/song from a daily mix playlist do...
  • Ninjajc012
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I get Spotify to keep playing when I'm in another app? E.g. playing Blossom Blastt

PlanPremiumCountry UkDevice Honor 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHow can I get Spotify to keep playing when I'm in another app? E.g. playing Blossom Blast

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Honor 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue How can I get Spotify to keep playing when I'm in another app? E.g. playing Blossom Blast &...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alexa/Echo can't shuffle properly

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceAmazon Echo - latest generation)Operating Systemna My Question or Issue When I ask alexa to shuffle my library or a large playlist (I have one with over 3000 songs I often listen to), it only shuffles the first part (I reck...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device Amazon Echo - latest generation) Operating System na   My Question or Issue  When I ask alexa to shuffle my library or a large playlist (I hav...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playlist search hidden and doesn't work how it used to

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueIt used to be easy as pie to filter a playlist down to songs by just typing the artist name or anything else into the search box. Now it's hidden in t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy A5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue It used to be easy as pie to filter a playlist down to songs by just ...
  • coultonluke
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Shuffle library only shuffles a few artists

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceSony Xperia XZ PremiumOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueWhen I go Library -> Tracks -> Shuffle, most of the time not all tracks are shuffled, but only those of a few artists. It works more like "Give ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device Sony Xperia XZ Premium Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue When I go Library -> Tracks -> Shuffle, most of the tim...
  • steveandthesea
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Downloading an album messes up with my saved tracks

Hi, I use the "save" function (represented by a tick) to add the tracks I like to my Library. In an album for instance, I will tick the specific tracks I want to show up in my Library. Say I temporarily need to save some tracks offline for a flight f...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I use the "save" function (represented by a tick) to add the tracks I like to my Library. In an album for instance, I will tick the specific tracks I want to show up in my Library.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Move downloaded Music to SD Card

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAndroidOperating System My Question or Issue Hello,Some days ago i bought a new Android Radio (with Spotify App) for my car. Now I'd like to move all my downloaded songs from my computer to my radio. I have no possibility to ...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device Android Operating System     My Question or Issue  Hello, Some days ago i bought a new Android Radio (with Spotify App) for my car...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app starts playing after phone calls

PlanFreeCountry AustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueMy wife and I have started having an issue with SPotify where, unless we close the app completely, playback will often start after ending a phone call. Bot...

• Plan Free Country  Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue My wife and I have started having an issue with SPotify where, unless we c...
  • SoftwareJock
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen Now button doesn't work

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceHTC One M9Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue When I receive album recommendations the Listen Now button does nothing, apart from seeing a visual depress. The Dismiss button works. Am I doing something wrong...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device HTC One M9 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  When I receive album recommendations the Listen Now button does nothing, ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No album art on Spotify

PlanPremium Country Netherlands DeviceSony Xperia F5121, 2016Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0. My Question or IssueJust recently, the Spotify app won't show the artwork anymore, when playing the songs. I only see the standard grey illustration from Spot...

•   Plan Premium  Country  Netherlands  Device Sony Xperia F5121, 2016 Operating System Android 8.0.0.   My Question or Issue Just recently, the Spotify app won't sh...
  • ShakimTheClown
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

HELP! Trouble playing my Spotify

I play my premium Spotify with on my Samsung Galaxy 9 Plus and I cast it to my television.I am having a problem playing my songs on my main playlist in order. I tried making a new playlist... same problem. The shuffle is NOT on. What is happening is ...

• Roadie
  • I play my premium Spotify with on my Samsung Galaxy 9 Plus and I cast it to my television. I am having a problem playing my songs on my main playlist in order.  I tried making a new playlist......
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes