Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung gear s3 remote control

Hello ,i use samung galaxy s9+ and gear s3 frontier and from one month remote control just stop working. I try to restart watch and phone then reinstall app on the both and nothing.I read articles but nothing help so far.When i start app and try to c...

• Hello , i use samung galaxy s9+ and gear s3 frontier and from one month remote control just stop working. I try to restart watch and phone then reinstall app on the both and nothing.I read articles ...
  • V1P3RM4CH1N3
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Prem. sub. - Note 9 using DATA instead of WIFI at home! Why??

Plan - PremiumCountry - USADevice - Samsung Note 9Operating System - Android 8.1.0 (not rooted or any other funny biz) My Question or IssueI very recently discovered while playing some new music (music that wasn't downloaded to the phone or saved in ...

• Plan - Premium Country - USA Device - Samsung Note 9 Operating System - Android 8.1.0 (not rooted or any other funny biz)   My Question or Issue I very recently discovered while playin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing tracks in playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm currently missing a number of my recent additions to my playlist, I try to add them again and it says they are already there but they don't show.

• Plan Free/Premium Country     Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'm currently missing a number of my recent additions ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums Won't Stay Downloaded

PlanPremiumCountry UAEDeviceHuawei Mate 9 ProOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueHi, I'm a new Spotify user, loving it, but there's one thing that's driving me absolutely mad! Playlists are fine, but Albums just won't stay downloaded. I...

• Plan Premium Country  UAE Device Huawei Mate 9 Pro Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm a new Spotify user, loving it, but there's one thing that's drivin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get rid of "shuffle play"

I'm a premium user and for many years, I was able to simply click the "PLAY" button to play all songs on an album in the right order. For some reason, the button is now replaced with "SHUFFLE PLAY", as if I had a free account. Is that an intentional ...

• I'm a premium user and for many years, I was able to simply click the "PLAY" button to play all songs on an album in the right order. For some reason, the button is now replaced with "SHUFFLE PLAY", ...
  • matthewoli98
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect to Alexa Dot from Android

Hello all - I used to be able to intiate music play from my Android phone to my Alexa Dot device using Spotify Connect. Lately, I don't see my Alexa Dot in my device list. I do see other Spotify Connect options as targets. PlanPremium CountryUSA Devi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all -   I used to be able to intiate music play from my Android phone to my Alexa Dot device using Spotify Connect. Lately, I don't see my Alexa Dot in my device list. I do see other Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist + Radio

PlanPremium familyCountryUk DevicePixel 2xl Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue I can no longer start a radio from Playlists (Spotify or other). Why has this functionality been removed .

•   Plan Premium family Country Uk  Device Pixel 2xl  Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue  I can no longer start a radio from Playlists (Spotify or oth...
  • mikeanywhere
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Android] Volume increase glitch error in a song in Spotify mobile app

PlanPremiumCountry PhilippinesDeviceXiaoMi RedMi Note 4Operating SystemAndroid 7.0My Question or Issue I am experiencing a weird glitch in a specific track in mobile only. In this track, a short pause will happen at 2:49 going 2:50, then will go back...

• Plan Premium Country  Philippines Device XiaoMi RedMi Note 4 Operating System Android 7.0 My Question or Issue  I am experiencing a weird glitch in a specific track in mobile only....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 7.0
    Xiaomi
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Asking Google Assistant to play a specific song

PlanPremium (Family)CountrySwedenDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 Pie My Question or IssueAsking the Google Assistant to play a specific song is all messed up. As you can see in the screen recording, I first try to play a specific song and ...

•   Plan Premium (Family) Country Sweden Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 9.0 Pie   My Question or Issue Asking the Google Assistant to play a specific song is all messed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

If music has background art, then the link to devices doesn't work properly

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceSony Xperia XZ3 Operating SystemAndroid pie My Question or IssueWhen the music has full screen background art, either static image or video loop, then it's almost impossible to click on the link to devices on the bottom...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device Sony Xperia XZ3  Operating System Android pie    My Question or Issue When the music has full screen background art, either static im...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solution to listen the same music on 2 places

My Question or IssueHello, I would like to listen to the same music at the same time in 2 rooms of my appartement. In one room I've on bluetooth enceinte and in the other one I've a nice hifi systeme where I can plug my phone or my computer.Any idea ...

•  My Question or Issue Hello,   I would like to listen to the same music at the same time in 2 rooms of my appartement. In one room I've on bluetooth enceinte and in the other one I've a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with sorting playlist A to Z since update

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceOnePlus 5Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or IssueHi all! Since the Spotify Android-apps was updated recently, I can't sort playlists from A to Z anymore, it only sorts from Z to A for some reason. Thi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device OnePlus 5 Operating System Android 8.1.0  My Question or Issue Hi all!   Since the Spotify Android-apps was updated recently, I ...
  • ArthurAntonides
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Something to try BMW Android Spotify connectivity issues

You need to downgrade your Spotify version to 8.4.77.779 not the latest one from the Play Store (then untick auto-update). I had the same issue on my brand new BMW and this fixed it. It now connects every time I get in the car perfectly.

•    You need to downgrade your Spotify version to 8.4.77.779 not the latest one from the Play Store (then untick auto-update). I had the same issue on my brand new BMW and this fixed it. It...
  • tikitourer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Galaxy Note 8 - Unable to Grab the Scroll Bar at Top by Triple Dots

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADevice(Samsung Galaxy Operating System(Android 8.0.0 Oreo) My Question or IssueI have a Galaxy Note 8 and when I start scrolling on a playlist when the scroll bar appears and the three dots are next to it. I am unable to gr...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device (Samsung Galaxy 😎 Operating System (Android 8.0.0 Oreo)   My Question or Issue I have a Galaxy Note 8 and when I start scrolling on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    bug android
    bug report
    bugs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Alexa and Google playing at the same time

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Google mini and alexa)Operating System(Android Pie) My Question or Issue I currently have 2 google home minis and a sonos one. Here is what I want to do. If I ask my google home mini to play spotify but my wife happens ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Google mini and alexa) Operating System (Android Pie)   My Question or Issue  I currently have 2 google home minis and a sonos one. Here i...
  • konamon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me download music

Hi there, My partner has a premium subscription. He is able to skip through songs and has no ads however, he is not able to download music at all.He has a Samsung Galaxy S9.Any tips on how to get this to start working would be appreciated!

• Hi there,   My partner has a premium subscription. He is able to skip through songs and has no ads however, he is not able to download music at all. He has a Samsung Galaxy S9. Any tips on h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the app??

I'm a Premium user with a Moto G5. The app just got a lot less useful:I have to restart my phone for Search to work.The album screen no longer lists the songs on the album.There is no Help feature within the app (not sure if this one is new or not).

•   I'm a Premium user with a Moto G5. The app just got a lot less useful: I have to restart my phone for Search to work. The album screen no longer lists the songs on the album. There is no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find how to mark the playlist to "Offlie sync"

Put some songs to my playlist from my computer since they are not on Spotify. They work all fine on my computer but they are not showing on my Iphone spotify, same playlist. When I tried switching the listening device from my PC to Iphone with the so...

• Casual Listener
  • Put some songs to my playlist from my computer since they are not on Spotify. They work all fine on my computer but they are not showing on my Iphone spotify, same playlist. When I tried switching th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no shuffle button

PlanFreeCountry AmericaOperating System Alcatel(android)My Question or Issue

•   Plan Free Country  America Operating System  Alcatel(android) My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Comment désactiver le filtre continu explicite

bonjour depuis peu cje ne peux plus ecoute de la musique avec sportify ou autre car alexa me dit que le filtre continu explicite est activé commeznt le desactivémerci

• bonjour  depuis peu cje ne peux plus ecoute de la musique avec sportify ou autre car alexa me dit que le filtre continu explicite est activé commeznt le desactivé merci
  • ciolx
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes