Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Alexa doesnt play spotify

I connected my premium spotify account with alexa, but alexa refuses to play spotify. She keeps saying i need to connect my spotifiy account with alexa app. I already tried reinstalling everything, nothing helps.. PremiumCountry Switzerland DeviceGal...

• I connected my premium spotify account with alexa, but alexa refuses to play spotify. She keeps saying i need to connect my spotifiy account with alexa app. I already tried reinstalling everything, n...
  • DamienRais
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay for Bluetooth No Longer Works

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung S6 Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueAs of December, Spotify worked correctly: I would get in the car, and Spotify would automatically play where I left off once Bluetooth was connected. I have since f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung S6  Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue As of December, Spotify worked correctly: I would get in the car, and Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Renaming entries in the user's library

Plan Premium My Question or Issue When one adds an album to the local library, that entry may be listed under the name of the album, the given name/surname of the composer, the given name/surname of the performer, etc. Thus, even though the library e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue  When one adds an album to the local library, that entry may be listed under the name of the album, the given name/surname of the composer, the given ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play artist radio using Google assistant

I'm using Spotify family premium in a Google speaker. When I ask for an artist radio, or 'music like [artist name]' Spotify will play the artist radio mix or the 'This is [artist name]' playlist. This results in only songs by the artist. Is it possib...

• I'm using Spotify family premium in a Google speaker. When I ask for an artist radio, or 'music like [artist name]' Spotify will play the artist radio mix or the 'This is [artist name]' playlist. Thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Artist text bugged

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceOnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.3 Operating SystemOxygenOS 9.0.3 My Question or Issue Since my Spotify app updated to 8.4.89.515, I have noticed that a lot of the text when looking at an artist's page appears to be written over eachot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device OnePlus 6 OxygenOS 9.0.3   Operating System OxygenOS 9.0.3   My Question or Issue  Since my Spotify app updated to 8.4.89.515, I have noti...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Unable to Browse albums on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueAndroid auto is unable to browse albums on spotify. This issue has been going along for quite a while. There were several updates which did not address th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Android auto is unable to browse albums on spotify. This issue has been going al...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Home page keeps showing the same song

For the last couple months the same "more like this song" has been on my home screen despite me not having listened to the song or the band more than maybe a single day way back. I'm wondering if there's a way to refresh the page or block the artist ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last couple months the same "more like this song" has been on my home screen despite me not having listened to the song or the band more than maybe a single day way back. I'm wondering if the...
  • BorealSunrise
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop-up menu not loading on spotty connection

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device(Samsung Galaxy Note 4)Operating System(Android (Touchwiz) 6.0.1)My Question or IssueHow come the pop-up menu has to load every time there's an internet connection? Why is it quicker for me to turn my internet off so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) Operating System (Android (Touchwiz) 6.0.1) My Question or Issue How come the pop-up menu has to load every time there's a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode on. Get thrown out. Can’t log back in. Try workaround. Lose all downloads.

@Community Managers This issue has been raised before, but it seems the threads aren’t monitored as nothing was ever done about it. See, it was marked as solved here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/can-t-log-in-because-it-says-i-m-offline/t...

• Casual Listener
  • @Community Managers   This issue has been raised before, but it seems the threads aren’t monitored as nothing was ever done about it.  See, it was marked as solved here https://community....
  • tcorbin594
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Browse playlist when video is playing

How can I browse my playlist (queue) when a video is playing? When a video is playing, I have a "share" icon in the top right corner (where the three dots usually are) and cannot see the play queue icon anywhere. I have tried disabling videos to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • How can I browse my playlist (queue) when a video is playing? When a video is playing, I have a "share" icon in the top right corner (where the three dots usually are) and cannot see the play queue i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Country FranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/daily-mixes-showing-up-with-only-shuffle-play/td-p/4652319 Please help us !!

• Casual Listener
  • Country  France Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/daily-mixes-showing-up-with-only-shuffl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discord/Spotify Activity

PlanPremiumCountry New ZealandDevice(Samsung Galaxy 8+)Operating System(Android) My Question or Issue I cant seem to get my activity to show up on discord while playing music on my phone. It shows whats playing only when I have discord opened on my c...

• Plan Premium Country  New Zealand Device (Samsung Galaxy 8+) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue  I cant seem to get my activity to show up on discord while pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays music after call ( Galaxy Watch )

PlanFamilyCountry BelgiumDeviceGalaxy watchOperating SystemTizen 4.0.0.1VersionR800XXU1BRK3 My Question or IssueWhenever I use spotify on my watch and close the app completely it still plays my music after a call! So this happens when the app is comp...

• Plan Family Country  Belgium Device Galaxy watch Operating System Tizen 4.0.0.1 Version R800XXU1BRK3   My Question or Issue Whenever I use spotify on my watch and close the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

App closing down when creating Libary

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 My Question or IssueI've used Spotify before and overall I loved it but now I've come back and decided to have a new account so now I'm saving albums to my library. But every time I hold down on and al...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  England Device Samsung Galaxy 9   My Question or Issue I've used Spotify before and overall I loved it but now I've come back and decided to have a new account...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to open the spotify app to start music after just pausing mid-song.

I have a Moto C Plus running Android 7.0. Ive also got premium.And as I mentioned if i pause a song when Im on say snapchat or if Im in the lock-screen or just anywhere where Im not in the app itself if i then pause the song it'll act like I turned o...

• I have a Moto C Plus running Android 7.0. Ive also got premium. And as I mentioned if i pause a song when Im on say snapchat or if Im in the lock-screen or just anywhere where Im not in the app itse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeing discography

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. PlanPremiumCountry Brazil Device(Samsung Galaxy 7)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Anyo...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.  Plan Premium Country  Brazil  Device (Samsung Galaxy 7) O...
  • PGe-Spot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Android TV app play button remote not working to resume

I Use on my shield android tv the spotify app, but since a few weeks with the last update i cannot use the play button on my remote to resumé playing the last playlist. This has always worked and was a Nice feature. And if i am playing music on my So...

• I Use on my shield android tv the spotify app, but since a few weeks with the last update i cannot use the play button on my remote to resumé playing the last playlist.  This has always worked ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with my downloads

PlanPremiumCountry GuatemalaDeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 PrimeOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue When I first paid for Spotify Premium, I downloaded all of my songs into an SD Card. This week, everytime I opened Spotify, my downloaded songs...

• Plan Premium Country  Guatemala Device Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When I first paid for Spotify Premium, I downloaded ...
  • dgs2-q_s9hk3h
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There's no search bar in my playlist and the option to sort my songs

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceMoto X4Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or Issue Suddenly the search bar in my playlist and the option to sort my playlist disappeared. Before I could just scroll up and I'd find the option to search for a song a...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Moto X4 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue   Suddenly the search bar in my playlist and the option to sort my playlist&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes