Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone cover close screen volume does not work when using with Sonos.

Hi allI'm using an Android (Samsung S5). I have the official cover for the phone, so when you close the cover there is a little window and you can still control aspects of your phone. So when I close it currently I can still use spotify, it comes up ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi all I'm using an Android (Samsung S5). I have the official cover for the phone, so when you close the cover there is a little window and you can still control aspects of your phone. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Option No Longer Available?

I've been a Premium user for a few years now and listen to, quite literally, 100% of my music through the Spotify app on my phone. The other day I realized that when I choose any "Go to Radio" option (Go to Song Radio, Go to Playlist Radio, etc.) the...

• Casual Listener
  •   I've been a Premium user for a few years now and listen to, quite literally, 100% of my music through the Spotify app on my phone.   The other day I realized that when I choose any "Go...
  • JoshuaTSmith
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

App on Fire TV closes when switching to a different Playlist

When you use a Computer or Smartphone to control the App on a Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and you switch the Playlist which is playing back like 3 or 4 times in a row the App just closes.

• When you use a Computer or Smartphone to control the App on a Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and you switch the Playlist which is playing back like 3 or 4 times in a row the App just closes.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play radio stations

Plan PremiumCountryUKDeviceGalaxy A5My Question or IssueWhen I try to play a radio station I get the message "Cannot start the radio station. Please try again later" How do I solve this problem? It has happening for 3 days now. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country UK Device Galaxy A5 My Question or Issue When I try to play a radio station I get the message "Cannot start the radio station. Please try again later"   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Artist Radio/Song leads to playlist of radio instead

Plan Premium Operating SystemAndroid nugat My Issue:After I click go to song/artist radio on the Android app I don't get PLAY RADIO instead I get a playlist created by spotify. In addition I don't have the option to create a station using the station...

•   Plan  Premium    Operating System Android nugat    My Issue: After I click go to song/artist radio on the Android app I don't get PLAY RADIO instead I get a pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How can I join Spotify Android beta program?

PlanPremiumCountry Turkey DeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 2017Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue I want to join Spotify Android beta program.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  Turkey  Device Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue  I want to join Spotify Android beta program.&n...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind The Lyrics

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Samsung J3)Operating System(Android 6.0.1) My Question or Issue My behind the lyrics doesn't work when I play songs that are supposed to have it. It used to work before I had premium but now it doesn't work anymore

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung J3) Operating System (Android 6.0.1)   My Question or Issue  My behind the lyrics doesn't work when I play songs that are supposed to h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download Spotify onto my (old) Kindle Fire

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceKindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'd like to get Spotify onto my Kindle Fire (HD 8.9 2012). If I go to spotify.com and try and download the app, I ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'd like to get Spotify o...
  • MattAhier
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

play on all devices

My Question or Issueif i play on one of my devices why do i see it on all of my devices?

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue if i play on one of my devices why do i see it on all of my devices?  
  • whitecross77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceLG X ScreenOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I'd like to know why I can't change the storage location to the SD card like I used to do before, now I reinstalled the app and can't do it anymore, so please help...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device LG X Screen Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I'd like to know why I can't change the storage location to the SD card lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loat search function from within a playlist?

PlanPremiumCountry UkDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue You can no longer search from within a playlist? This was possible a few months back.

• Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  You can no longer search from within a playlist?  This was possible a f...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Android phone and my Roku causing double scrobbles

PlanPremium Country USA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Roku 3 Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Latest Roku updates My Question or IssueIf I am playing Spotify via my Roku 3 device, my Galaxy 8+ wants to take over. This results in double scrobbles to last.fm. How...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country  USA   Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Roku 3   Operating System Android 8.0.0 Latest Roku updates    My Question or Issue If I am playin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 8
    last.fm
    Last.fm for Spotify
    Roku app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search not working "oops, something went wrong"

So since the last update my search is not working. I have tried reinstalling the app, signing up for beta app, adding Spotify related urls to whitelist in ad blocker, all to no avail. Any ideas? PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceOneplus 5tOperating Sys...

• Casual Listener
  • So since the last update my search is not working. I have tried reinstalling the app, signing up for beta app, adding Spotify related urls to whitelist in ad blocker, all to no avail. Any ideas?&nbsp...
  • Anomaly_XB
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

La musique se coupe

PlanPremium ( 0,99 3 mois)Country FranceDeviceBlackview BV7000Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue J'ai un nouveau téléphone, en lançant une musique, la musique se coupe pendant l'écoute quelques secondes après, et la notification de la musiq...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium ( 0,99 3 mois) Country  France Device Blackview BV7000 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  J'ai un nouveau téléphone, en lançant une musique, la mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App creates new offline device entry daily - removes all downloads.

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue So I've switched from Google Play Music last week and I've been pretty satisfied, apart from this one problem I'm having and can't get rid of.My Spotif...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  So I've switched from Google Play Music last week and I've been p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Music Gone

nvm its inside search.. confusing

• Casual Listener
  • nvm its inside search.. confusing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Recent Activity for user

Premium Family USAWindows Desktop, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab AWindows 10, iOS 12, Android Oreo I have a new account with 2 new users (and 1 existing user who joined my family plan through my invitiation), as the head of the account, I am followi...

• Premium Family  USA Windows Desktop, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Tab A Windows 10, iOS 12, Android Oreo    I have a new account with 2 new users (and 1 existing user who joined my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few minutes on Nokia 2

I have a Nokia 2 phone running Android 7.1.1 (although this problem has persisted in previous versions). Whenever I run Spotify, the current song will stop playing after a few minutes. The app won't crash - it'll just stop playing. This problem appea...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Nokia 2 phone running Android 7.1.1 (although this problem has persisted in previous versions). Whenever I run Spotify, the current song will stop playing after a few minutes. The app won't ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline music on Samsung Gear S3 - some trakcs do not dowload

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceSamsung Gear S3 FrontierOperating SystemAndroid (paired phone)My Question or Issue I set my device to download the music from one of my playlist (about 150 tracks) according to mlendards post. It works fine for some tra...

• Plan Premium Country  Poland Device Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Operating System Android (paired phone) My Question or Issue  I set my device to download the music from one of my play...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

How do i get the Spotify toolbar to appear on my phone?

On my old Sony phone i had a toolbar on the homescreen and lockscreen of my phone to quickly change songs etc. From that i could also use the 'snext song' feature on my cars bluetooth device which would skip the song.That phone broke and now i'm usin...

•     On my old Sony phone i had a toolbar on the homescreen and lockscreen of my phone to quickly change songs etc. From that i could also use the 'snext song' feature on my cars bluetooth...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes