Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free Mobile Can't Shuffle

So basically on my Spotify free mobile account, the songs always play in order. This has only happened to me recently, and only happens to my playlists. (Not public ones.) However, I can choose which song it plays, and can rewind the song, which is s...

• So basically on my Spotify free mobile account, the songs always play in order. This has only happened to me recently, and only happens to my playlists. (Not public ones.) However, I can choose w...
  • Mstanley262
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Keine Coveranzeige im Auto

Meine Frage oder Ausgabe Hallo habe keine Coveranzeige im Auto in gross ja aber nicht klein.Habe Android Auto.Bei der geteilelten Ansicht Cover und Navigation habe ich kein Bild.Ich habe es mal mit einem iphone probiert weil ich eigentlich beide Syst...

•     Meine Frage oder Ausgabe  Hallo habe keine Coveranzeige im Auto in gross ja aber nicht klein.Habe Android Auto.Bei der geteilelten Ansicht Cover und Navigation habe ich kein Bil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no radio

I have lost a radio feature on my android app. I have version 8.4.84.874 on my device. I am a premium user, and radio feature does exist on my deskop and iOS devices. I use radio *very much*. What is going on, how can I get my radio back? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have lost a radio feature on my android app. I have version 8.4.84.874 on my device.   I am a premium user, and radio feature does exist on my deskop and iOS devices.   I use radio *v...
  • mclaughj
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Radio
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Phone restarts whenever I go into Spotify

My phone started to restart when I was listening to music and it's got worse. My Huawei P10 Lite now always restarts whenever I try to go into Spotify and I have even tried to uninstall it but that also restarts my phone. Does anybody know how to fix...

• My phone started to restart when I was listening to music and it's got worse. My Huawei P10 Lite now always restarts whenever I try to go into Spotify and I have even tried to uninstall it but t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all favourite songs showing on Android

PlanFreeCountry United KingdomDeviceMotorola Moto G5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.1.0) My Question or Issue I have a lot of songs (not sure of the exact number) saved to my 'Favourite Songs', and all of these songs show when using the Web Player an...

• Plan Free Country  United Kingdom Device Motorola Moto G5 Operating System Android Oreo (8.1.0)   My Question or Issue  I have a lot of songs (not sure of the exact number) s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't share music on spotify

PlanFreeCountry (Panamá)Device(Samsung Galaxy Tab 4)Operating System(Android) My Question or Issue I can not share the music to any social network just let me share the albums or the artists. What should I do to solve it?

• Plan Free Country  (Panamá) Device (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue  I can not share the music to any social network just let me share...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is turning on itself

Hi. Being honest I don't know What to do. Spotify is turning on itself and starting to play only one album on a web player. Ex. I'm waking up, taking my phone and I see that is turned on. For all the time the same album, never something else. I logge...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.  Being honest I don't know What to do. Spotify is turning on itself and starting to play only one album on a web player. Ex. I'm waking up, taking my phone and I see that is turned on.&nbsp...
  • Falkor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Kids mode or multiple accounts

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevice(Samsung, Android devices)Operating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueWe should be able to either have children mode with seperate track history and music suggestions, or multiple accounts on one device.

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device (Samsung, Android devices) Operating System (Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue We should be able to either have children mode with seperate t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Kids mode
    multiple accounts on one device
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify (Premium) switches Playlist randomly

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI use Spotify for training, either running or at the gym. I have created special playlists for it or put on ready-to-use playlists as favorites and downloaded the ti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device LG G6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I use Spotify for training, either running or at the gym. I have created special pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist changes when switching from PC (Windows) to mobile (Android)

My playlist changes when I switch over to mobile from my PC. It becomes more limited (smaller playlist), but goes back to the full playlist when I open the spotify app on Windows PC.

•   My playlist changes when I switch over to mobile from my PC. It becomes more limited (smaller playlist), but goes back to the full playlist when I open the spotify app on Windows PC. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to block a device from connecting to mine

My Question or Issue Ever time I I use Spotify at my gym I use the gym wifi. When I do this my device connects to others and all of a sudden I find myself listening to someone else music on my phone. It's supper annoying. I want to listen to my music...

•     My Question or Issue  Ever time I I use Spotify at my gym I use the gym wifi. When I do this my device connects to others and all of a sudden I find myself listening to someone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Option to Shuffle Some Playlists

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMoto Z² ForceOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue For some (not all) of my playlists, there is no longer the "Shuffle Play" button, there is only a "Play" button. There isn't even an option to shuffle it in the menu o...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device Moto Z² Force Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   For some (not all) of my playlists, there is no longer the "Shuffle Play" butto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot start Spotify on Samsung Android, prompts for then "cannot connect"

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8,Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI use Spotify frequently on both smartphone and Windows but now when I try to start it on my phone it prompts for logon (this only happened once, when I installe...

• Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy 8, Operating System Android  My Question or Issue I use Spotify frequently on both smartphone and Windows but now when I try to start it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song radio coming up as playlist

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice Samsung Galaxy Note8Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue So I tried making a song radio for one of my favs, but it comes up as "inset song title" radio playlist. I keep clicking the go to song radio option b...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device  Samsung Galaxy Note8 Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  So I tried making a song radio for one of...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with the Search engine

Hi,I'm writing to you because I'm getting a bad issue that prevents me from using the app normally. I have an Android phone (Samsung S9) with the latest firmware installed , the last update of the Spotify app, and my plan is Premium. If I start playi...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm writing to you because I'm getting a bad issue that prevents me from using the app normally. I have an Android phone (Samsung S9) with the latest firmware installed , the last update of...
  • Ennio86
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share music to Instagram stories

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 Plus I wish to share the music I am listening to on my Instagram stories, however the option doesn't show up. When I am listening to the music and click the share button, the list shows up as follows:Whats...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus   I wish to share the music I am listening to on my Instagram stories, however the option doesn't show up. When I am listening ...
  • Squid4
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Listen for filter + filter search and sort option + notification

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceHuawei p10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue1. I can not listen to my songs by order of filtering. How can I listen to my songs by order of filtering?2. At the top of the playlist, the filter search and the s...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Huawei p10 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue 1. I can not listen to my songs by order of filtering. How can I listen to my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Corrupting SD Cards as a Spotify's manner

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S5 I'd like to renew this thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/corrupting-sd-cards/m-p/1313381#M56979That's because no solution was given to anyone asking for it. After using Spotify for months ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung Galaxy S5   I'd like to renew this thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/corrupting-sd-cards/m-p/1313381#M56979 That's because no s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • corruptedfiles
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't follow profiles

The setup of Spotify on my Android doesn't allow me to see my own profile or follow other profiles, but I can still follow artists.

• The setup of Spotify on my Android doesn't allow me to see my own profile or follow other profiles, but I can still follow artists.    
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing Local Files on Mobil

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, Dell G7 LaptopOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue For the life of me I cannot figure out how to play local files from my computer on my phone. I have songs saved on my computer t...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9, Dell G7 Laptop Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  For the life of me I cannot figure ou...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes