Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App is slow and unusable when online (but offline mode is fine)

When I put the app in offline mode it works nice and fast. But when I have an internet connection the app is terrible - it takes 30 seconds+ just to open up a downloaded. album. I keep getting oops there's been a problem and searching is impossible a...

• Casual Listener
  • When I put the app in offline mode it works nice and fast.   But when I have an internet connection the app is terrible - it takes 30 seconds+ just to open up a downloaded. album. I keep getti...
  • 0nyx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Google assistant / next track not working

Hi.Ive just noticed that when using ok google to control spotify, the next track/song no longer works. I can tell it to play a song on spotify yet when using other commands it just gives me search results. I cant think of anything i have changed. Any...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. Ive just noticed that when using ok google to control spotify, the next track/song no longer works. I can tell it to play a song on spotify yet when using other commands it just gives me search ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify tries to download every song

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceHuawai P10 LiteOperating SystemAndroid OreoSpotify Version8.4.84.874 My Question or IssueFor several weeks Spotify tries to download all songs. Playlists and Albums are set to "download : false", nevertheless all songs...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany  Device Huawai P10 Lite Operating System Android Oreo Spotify Version 8.4.84.874   My Question or Issue For several weeks Spotify tries to down...
  • smily
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music from my library disappears constantly

Songs that are being added to my playlists directly from my personal library are disappearing constantly, and show up as greyed out (unplayable). This is literally the only reason I have Premium. If this problem doesn't solve itself soon, I'll be swi...

• Casual Listener
  • Songs that are being added to my playlists directly from my personal library are disappearing constantly, and show up as greyed out (unplayable).   This is literally the only reason I have Pre...
  • lucacerone
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

most playlist songs greyed out

just updated my android app and about 80 percent of the songs in my 175 playlists are now greyed out. have done a full delete and reinstall but no solution. Suggestions? btw, playlists still work fine when I open my pc spotify.Dave

•   just updated my android app and about 80 percent of the songs in my 175 playlists are now greyed out.  have done a full delete and reinstall but no solution.  Suggestions?  btw...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No filter on playlists

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Oreo My Question or IssueThere is no longer a filter option at the top of playlists - is this a problem or is it a part of spotify's update ? Really annoying when your looking for song...

•   Plan Premium Country  Norway Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0.0 Oreo   My Question or Issue There is no longer a filter option at the top of playlists - is this a...
  • vex390
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
    android 8.0.0
    android oreo
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Phone cover close screen volume does not work when using with Sonos.

Hi allI'm using an Android (Samsung S5). I have the official cover for the phone, so when you close the cover there is a little window and you can still control aspects of your phone. So when I close it currently I can still use spotify, it comes up ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi all I'm using an Android (Samsung S5). I have the official cover for the phone, so when you close the cover there is a little window and you can still control aspects of your phone. &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Option No Longer Available?

I've been a Premium user for a few years now and listen to, quite literally, 100% of my music through the Spotify app on my phone. The other day I realized that when I choose any "Go to Radio" option (Go to Song Radio, Go to Playlist Radio, etc.) the...

• Casual Listener
  •   I've been a Premium user for a few years now and listen to, quite literally, 100% of my music through the Spotify app on my phone.   The other day I realized that when I choose any "Go...
  • JoshuaTSmith
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

App on Fire TV closes when switching to a different Playlist

When you use a Computer or Smartphone to control the App on a Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and you switch the Playlist which is playing back like 3 or 4 times in a row the App just closes.

• When you use a Computer or Smartphone to control the App on a Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen and you switch the Playlist which is playing back like 3 or 4 times in a row the App just closes.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play radio stations

Plan PremiumCountryUKDeviceGalaxy A5My Question or IssueWhen I try to play a radio station I get the message "Cannot start the radio station. Please try again later" How do I solve this problem? It has happening for 3 days now. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan  Premium Country UK Device Galaxy A5 My Question or Issue When I try to play a radio station I get the message "Cannot start the radio station. Please try again later"   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Artist Radio/Song leads to playlist of radio instead

Plan Premium Operating SystemAndroid nugat My Issue:After I click go to song/artist radio on the Android app I don't get PLAY RADIO instead I get a playlist created by spotify. In addition I don't have the option to create a station using the station...

•   Plan  Premium    Operating System Android nugat    My Issue: After I click go to song/artist radio on the Android app I don't get PLAY RADIO instead I get a pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How can I join Spotify Android beta program?

PlanPremiumCountry Turkey DeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 2017Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue I want to join Spotify Android beta program.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  Turkey  Device Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue  I want to join Spotify Android beta program.&n...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind The Lyrics

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Samsung J3)Operating System(Android 6.0.1) My Question or Issue My behind the lyrics doesn't work when I play songs that are supposed to have it. It used to work before I had premium but now it doesn't work anymore

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung J3) Operating System (Android 6.0.1)   My Question or Issue  My behind the lyrics doesn't work when I play songs that are supposed to h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download Spotify onto my (old) Kindle Fire

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceKindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'd like to get Spotify onto my Kindle Fire (HD 8.9 2012). If I go to spotify.com and try and download the app, I ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (2012) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'd like to get Spotify o...
  • MattAhier
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

play on all devices

My Question or Issueif i play on one of my devices why do i see it on all of my devices?

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue if i play on one of my devices why do i see it on all of my devices?  
  • whitecross77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceLG X ScreenOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I'd like to know why I can't change the storage location to the SD card like I used to do before, now I reinstalled the app and can't do it anymore, so please help...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device LG X Screen Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I'd like to know why I can't change the storage location to the SD card lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loat search function from within a playlist?

PlanPremiumCountry UkDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue You can no longer search from within a playlist? This was possible a few months back.

• Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  You can no longer search from within a playlist?  This was possible a f...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Android phone and my Roku causing double scrobbles

PlanPremium Country USA DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Roku 3 Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Latest Roku updates My Question or IssueIf I am playing Spotify via my Roku 3 device, my Galaxy 8+ wants to take over. This results in double scrobbles to last.fm. How...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country  USA   Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Roku 3   Operating System Android 8.0.0 Latest Roku updates    My Question or Issue If I am playin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 8
    last.fm
    Last.fm for Spotify
    Roku app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search not working "oops, something went wrong"

So since the last update my search is not working. I have tried reinstalling the app, signing up for beta app, adding Spotify related urls to whitelist in ad blocker, all to no avail. Any ideas? PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceOneplus 5tOperating Sys...

• Casual Listener
  • So since the last update my search is not working. I have tried reinstalling the app, signing up for beta app, adding Spotify related urls to whitelist in ad blocker, all to no avail. Any ideas?&nbsp...
  • Anomaly_XB
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

La musique se coupe

PlanPremium ( 0,99 3 mois)Country FranceDeviceBlackview BV7000Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue J'ai un nouveau téléphone, en lançant une musique, la musique se coupe pendant l'écoute quelques secondes après, et la notification de la musiq...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium ( 0,99 3 mois) Country  France Device Blackview BV7000 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  J'ai un nouveau téléphone, en lançant une musique, la mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes