Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Real issue! Music streaming no output audio

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceSony Xperia xz premiumOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Issue So be playing music and bam randomly music stops. Look at my phone and then see it's still playing in the app click pause and press play again then issue goes...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Sony Xperia xz premium Operating System Android 8.0.0   Issue  So be playing music and bam randomly music stops. Look at my pho...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Frustration at Spotify removing search within playlist, & their response to "vote" to put it back.

Premium, Note 8, Android stock. It's absolutely mindless Spotify has removed the search within playlist feature via the scroll up, whereas you now have to hit the 3 dots. It's one of the most frequently submitted topics on this board. That should be ...

• Premium, Note 8, Android stock.   It's absolutely mindless Spotify has removed the search within playlist feature via the scroll up, whereas you now have to hit the 3 dots.    It's...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

No Audio Scrubbing In Android

Hi - I've just moved from iOS to Android and a very important and safe feature seems to be missing...audio scrubbing. I usually use Spotify in my car commuting to work. In iOS, audio scrubbing was both available on the lock screen and through my car'...

• Hi - I've just moved from iOS to Android and a very important and safe feature seems to be missing...audio scrubbing.    I usually use Spotify in my car commuting to work. In iOS, audio s...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • scrubbing
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Why is my playlist not on shuffle?

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceSamsung J7Operating SystemAndroidIssue Every playlist on Spotify is on shuffle, even the playlist that I play everyday called My Favorites, but today (Dec. 16) My Favorites playlist is no longer on shuffle. I tried everything ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  US Device Samsung J7 Operating System Android Issue  Every playlist on Spotify is on shuffle, even the playlist that I play everyday called My Favorites, but tod...
  • AdrianSalgado1
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

No data = no UI

Galaxy s9, Spotify premium, android auto I drive through some dead spots pretty regularly. Was never an issue until one of the latest Spotify updates, where if I don't have data, Spotify displays no connection and removes all other UI elements. I'm u...

• Regular
  • Galaxy s9, Spotify premium, android auto   I drive through some dead spots pretty regularly. Was never an issue until one of the latest Spotify updates, where if I don't have data, Spotify dis...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why can't I download and play an album I own on Android?

I own this album: https://open.spotify.com/album/5XPaU8w8i5wLRifzZtN3jP This album is in the Spotify database and is unavailable to play, presumably because of licening issues. Every time I try to add my legal, locally stored version of this album to...

• Casual Listener
  • I own this album: https://open.spotify.com/album/5XPaU8w8i5wLRifzZtN3jP   This album is in the Spotify database and is unavailable to play, presumably because of licening issues.   ...
  • rat_whiskers
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Wrapped 2018 doesn't work and it is so annoyingggg

PlanFree/PremiumCountryArgentina My Question or Issue I have tried in my mobile and my tablet but in the mobile it just appears a black screen that says 1/10 and i can't do anything. In the tablet, it is the lila screen with Also nothing. In dont kno...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Argentina    My Question or Issue  I have tried in my mobile and my tablet but in the mobile it just appears a black screen that says 1/10 and i can't d...
  • ciza_cz
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 17 likes

I can't reinstall Spotify

PremiumFranceWindows 8I have uninstall Spotify because it doesn't work correctly but now i can't réinstall it, when i'm running the SpotifySetup.exe nothing is happening. Someone can help me ?

•   Premium France Windows 8 I have uninstall Spotify because it doesn't work correctly but now i can't réinstall it, when i'm running the SpotifySetup.exe nothing is happening. Someone can he...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

• Gig Goer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instgram Story not available

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2017Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueIts been quite some time since you added the "share to instagram story" option and i still dont have it.. even my friends who use older worse phones hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 Operating System Android 8   My Question or Issue Its been quite some time since you added the "share to instagram story" opti...
  • Misogiharae
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

album view, back to top/sort by

PlanPremiumCountry AustriaDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue There are two serious bugs on the Android App. First: when looking at all the albums within an Artist, the app ALWAYS jumps Back to top.Example: Iron M...

• Plan Premium Country  Austria Device (Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   There are two serious bugs on the Android App.   Fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Album view
    Back
    to
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download quality keeps setting itself to Normal

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DevicePixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 9 (Pie) My Question or Issue I keep setting my download quality to very high, however every time I check the settings page, it has reverted to Normal. This has now happened multi...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 9 (Pie)    My Question or Issue  I keep setting my download quality to very high, however ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I remove a recently played playlist?

Lately, I've wanted to remove some playlists from my recently played and when I click on them and press the three dots, the remove option isn't there anymore. Maybe it was an update change, however, I thought it wouldn't be removed or something. So, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately, I've wanted to remove some playlists from my recently played and when I click on them and press the three dots, the remove option isn't there anymore. Maybe it was an update change, however, ...
  • Monnie64
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop spotify app from closing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAndroid head unit for car Operating SystemAndroid 7.1 My Question or Issuewhen I leave the Spotify app and go to home screen on the head unit it’s plays in the background for a few seconds then stops how do I fix this ?

• Plan Premium Country   Device Android head unit for car  Operating System Android 7.1   My Question or Issue when I leave the Spotify app and go to home screen on the head un...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

İ payed for premium but i still can't get premium account

İ paid for spotify premium but my account still not switched to premium. Here i have a proof about it.

spotify.jpeg
  • İ paid for spotify premium but my account still not switched to premium. Here i have a proof about it.
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Passwords

PlanFree/Premium Operating My Question or Issue Is the password here the same as my playlists? Spotify would not let me login after recent update, had to use FACEBOOK option...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium   Operating    My Question or Issue  Is the password here the same as my playlists? Spotify would not let me login after recent update, had to use FACEBOOK...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer on Android

Just got premium on my oneplus 6, and I can't see the equalizer option at all, it just doesn't show. Also, it doesn't sound like changing the sound quality makes any difference. I'd appreciate your answers My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Just got premium on my oneplus 6, and I can't see the equalizer option at all, it just doesn't show. Also, it doesn't sound like changing the sound quality makes any difference.   I'd apprecia...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost song in a library

Hi,Recently I have lost a great song from my library. I don't remember its title or band's name.How can I check whether I dislaked it or removed it unintentionally and how can I add it to my library again? Is there any list of disliked songs?

• Hi, Recently I have lost a great song from my library. I don't remember its title or band's name. How can I check whether I dislaked it or removed it unintentionally and how can I add it to my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists' bugged?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So for the last few days my main playlist (3000+ songs) has been acting very strangely accross all my devices. When I click "Shuffle Play" it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   So for the last few days my main playlist (3...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android can't connect to 2015 Mini Cooper

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceXiaomi Mix3Operating System(Android 9) My Question or IssueHi, I have a pretty old car (2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4-door) and I don't have the Bluetooth multimedia music connection package on it. When I used my iPhone to co...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device Xiaomi Mix3 Operating System (Android 9)   My Question or Issue Hi,    I have a pretty old car (2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4-door...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes