Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with stream and download quality

PlanremiumCountry DeviceXiaomi mi 6Operating SystemMiui 10 My Question or Issue Every few days I need to enter my settings and change my streaming and download quality to the highest ,for some reason it always changes to the default setting (stream:"...

•   Plan remium Country   Device Xiaomi mi 6 Operating System Miui 10   My Question or Issue  Every few days I need to enter my settings and change my streaming and downl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast devices list ceases to update

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung S5 MiniOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or IssueWhen the Spotify app has been running for a couple of hours and I have had my phone on different networks and come home again, the list of Chromecast devic...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung S5 Mini Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue When the Spotify app has been running for a couple of hours and I have had my...
  • HowardMarks
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking up too much space on phone

PlanPremiumCountry united states of americaDevicesamsungOperating Systemandroid My Question or Issue The app is taking over 7.0 gb of space on my phone and I dont have anything downloaded to it. I deleted the cache , data and reinstalled the app but ...

• Plan Premium Country  united states of america Device samsung Operating System android     My Question or Issue  The app is taking over 7.0 gb of space on my phone and ...
  • HowardMarks
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • phone space
    problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wifes albums playing on my phone?

When I'm listening to my premium Spotify offline it still plays my wife's albums that I've not got downloaded on my phone, how do I stop this?

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm listening to my premium Spotify offline it still plays my wife's albums that I've not got downloaded on my phone, how do I stop this?
  • Gazr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app keeping previous view on top of other view

PlanPremiumCountry UkDeviceSamsung s8 My Question or IssueOkay so this is going to be hard to explain but the screenshot shows it. So when I click on something or change screens sometimes the previous screen stays on top of the other screen. It's com...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Samsung s8   My Question or Issue Okay so this is going to be hard to explain but the screenshot shows it. So when I click on something or ch...
  • Puffacake
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All my downloaded songs got deleted

PremiumCountry GermanyDeviceLG V20 (LG-H990)Operating SystemAndroid 7, Android Oreo My Question or Issue So i don't know why but this problem keeps reoccuring it already happend like five times and it pissses me off. I alreadys pay a service and sudd...

• Premium Country  Germany Device LG V20 (LG-H990) Operating System Android 7, Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  So i don't know why but this problem keeps reoccuring it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

private session in android

PremiumCountry NorwayDeviceSamsung S8 Galaxy Operating SystemAndroid oreo My Question or IssueOne day I should set Spotidy to private session it wont work. I had to remove the app and reinsstall it. Then it works until next time I should do it. But n...

• Premium Country  Norway Device Samsung S8 Galaxy  Operating System Android oreo   My Question or Issue One day I should set Spotidy to private session it wont work. I had to r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How would I open the accessibility menu

Plan: premium Country: United Kingdom Device: honor 9 liteOperating System: Android Oreo I'm having problems with getting to the accessibility menu, and was wondering if any of you know where it would be on Spotify version 8

• Plan: premium  Country: United Kingdom  Device: honor 9 lite Operating System: Android Oreo   I'm having problems with getting to the accessibility menu, and was wondering if any ...
  • HowardMarks
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • accessibility
    menu
    navigation
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Oreo Update - app is crashing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceZenfone 4 selfieOperating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueI recently updated my system to andriod Oreo and then the app started crashing. It plays songs but stops halfway. I try to play the next song, it start...

• Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Zenfone 4 selfie Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue I recently updated my system to andriod Oreo and then the app started crashin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

app stops when searching for music/doesn't discover

PlanFreeCountry NetherlandsDeviceOneplus 3TOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've just installed the app on my phone and it has two problems:.1) When I search for music, after typing 2-3 characters the app stops (it goes to the home screen ...

• Plan Free Country  Netherlands Device Oneplus 3T Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I've just installed the app on my phone and it has two problems:. 1) When I searc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Still don't have the updated UI no matter how many times I updated the app

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSony Xperia Z5Operating SystemAndroid Nougat 7.1.1 My Question or IssueEverybody has the updated UI, I'm downloading every update right away and still don't have the updated UI. My friend have the same phone and he has the ne...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Sony Xperia Z5 Operating System Android Nougat 7.1.1   My Question or Issue Everybody has the updated UI, I'm downloading every update right away and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps crashing samsung galaxy s9

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue My app keeps crashing. I have to constantly reopen app and press play or actually open. If I'm lucky I can play a full song. I have tried to ins...

• Plan Premium Country  United States  Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  My app keeps crashing. I have to constantly reop...
  • KateAlexandra1
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

Some playlists don't load having changed wifi network

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung 6 phoneOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen switching from home wifi to work wifi (or any other wifi network) some playlists don't load, typically the Daily Mix and artist radio lists. I get an "you'r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung 6 phone Operating System Android  My Question or Issue When switching from home wifi to work wifi (or any other wifi network) some playlists d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need to reinstall Spotify. Will I get my music and downloads back?

Hi, Looks like I need to reinstall Spotify on my Note 8 (Android 8.0.0) to fix an issue. Not too difficult, but I cannot find anywhere what is recovered after the reinstall. I assume the playlists are recovered via my (Premium) account, but what abou...

• Hi,   Looks like I need to reinstall Spotify on my Note 8 (Android 8.0.0) to fix an issue. Not too difficult, but I cannot find anywhere what is recovered after the reinstall.   I assum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution whistling noise

PlanpremiumCountry GreeceDevicegalaxy s7Operating Systemlatest android given by samsung My Question or Issue A few months ago while on vacas, I had connected my smartphone to my car (WV tiquan) via blutooth, and through it i was listening to spotify....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan premium Country  Greece Device galaxy s7 Operating System latest android given by samsung   My Question or Issue  A few months ago while on vacas, I had connected my sma...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify now force me to name new playlists?

I DO NOT LIKE the new Android App "feature" that forces me to name a newly created playlist. The old default naming worked just fine for most things and offered no impediments to custom naming if desired. How could the new default of naming the playl...

• Regular
  • I DO NOT LIKE the new Android App "feature" that forces me to name a newly created playlist. The old default naming worked just fine for most things and offered no impediments to custom naming if des...
  • Wolfwood
  • Regular
  • 38 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 27 likes

Can't Download

I've just downloaded spotify on my android .I got premium with the first two months free .I can't seem to download any music though. Some help would be greatly appreciated I have tried :Alowed cellular download Given all permissions in app settings G...

• I've just downloaded spotify on my android .I got premium with the first two months free .I can't seem to download any music though. Some help would be greatly appreciated   I have tried : Al...
  • NevaZyo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer login Galaxy Watch Pixel 3

PlanPremium CountryUSA DevicePixel 3 & Galaxy Watch Operating SystemAndroid P (PD1A.180720.031) & Tizen 4.0.0.1 My Question or IssueHad a Pixel 2 XL and was able to connect to spotify just fine on the Galaxy Watch. Now that I've upgraded to the Pixel...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Pixel 3 & Galaxy Watch   Operating System Android P (PD1A.180720.031) & Tizen 4.0.0.1   My Question or Issue Had a Pixel 2...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution listening to podcasts without downloading them

Hi,Lately, I haven't been able to listen to podcasts without downloading them (and when I do download them can't find them, I never manage to reach my Que). The only way to listen online to podcasts is when I press Edit, but this isn't an option with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Lately, I haven't been able to listen to podcasts without downloading them (and when I do download them can't find them, I never manage to reach my Que). The only way to listen online to podcast...
  • rflrfl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes