Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

Why does my playlist keep playing the same songs in the same order, once I've reached the end of my playlist? Every time I've gone through my 150+ songs, I press to re shuffle, but it will be in the exact same order as the last few times. Sometimes I...

• Casual Listener
  • Why does my playlist keep playing the same songs in the same order, once I've reached the end of my playlist? Every time I've gone through my 150+ songs, I press to re shuffle, but it will be in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any chance they will fix back the library

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDevicePixel 2Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or Issue The library used to be really functionnal but it hasn't been for a couple of months. I used to favorite songs and album and just like in most library if I went into t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Canada Device Pixel 2 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue  The library used to be really functionnal but it hasn't been for a couple of mon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app stops working after every song

I have the free android app version on my smart phone...it worked fine until today. I shuffle play my library, but the app stops working after one song or a few. It does it randomly. I have tried clearing my cache, powering the phone off and on and c...

• I have the free android app version on my smart phone...it worked fine until today.  I shuffle play my library, but the app stops working after one song or a few.  It does it randomly.&nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Premium Account) Spotify keeps turning shuffle back on

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueSpotify keeps turning shuffle on when I select a song. I have to keep turning it off every session but whenever I relog it turns shuffle back on!

• Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps turning shuffle on when I select a song. I have to keep turnin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Blank Screen

Country UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy J5 (2016)Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or Issue So,app doesn't show playlist as app usually does.Just lefts a blank space;First time happening,Thanks in advance

Screenshot.jpg
  •   Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Operating System Android 7.1.1    My Question or Issue  So,app doesn't show playlist as app usually does. Just lefts a blank ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Chromecast] Must force close the app to discover cast devices

Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (Pixel 2 & Note and on three Chromecast devices. - Yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (P...
  • PippoAe
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with downloading songs

PlanPremium DeviceMotorola Moto G4Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue I have a playlist containing 500+ songs. Now I want to download these songs to listen to offline. Originally I have set it to be saved on the SD-card. But for some rea...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Device Motorola Moto G4 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  I have a playlist containing 500+ songs. Now I want to download these songs to listen...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"playback failed" message

Free US Blu Energy XL Android 5.1 I was listening to a playlist and a video was gonna play. But it said "playback failed" and it froze.

• Visitor
  •   Free    US    Blu Energy XL Android    5.1   I was listening to a playlist and a video was gonna play. But it said "playback failed" and it froze.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Spotify
    support
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Blank List?

StandardUSASamsung Galaxy S7 ActiveAndroid When I select "Spotify" as the input on my receiver and go to my phone to press the Devices button under a song, the list shows up with nothing. It has "How-to" connect to PC, Speaker, etc. Thats all there i...

• Regular
  • Standard USA Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Android     When I select "Spotify" as the input on my receiver and go to my phone to press the Devices button under a song, the list shows u...
  • GreenHawk84
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to login after app updated

Hi team, I used to listen to music on Spotify smoothly for a while using my xiaomi a1 phone. However, last night the app was updated and it logged me out automatically, when I tried to come back using my Facebook account, I cannot login anymore! Have...

• Hi team,   I used to listen to music on Spotify smoothly for a while using my xiaomi a1 phone. However, last night the app was updated and it logged me out automatically, when I tried to come ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Content not showing

PlanPremiumCountry Israel account but living in Iceland.DeviceChinese Android (I'm sure that's not the reason for the issue!)Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or Issue So when I'm on the Home tab I only see the header and not the recommended ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Israel account but living in Iceland. Device Chinese Android (I'm sure that's not the reason for the issue!) Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

View album, artist, or song radio not working

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceSamsung Galaxy s8Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue When listening to a song the "song radio", "view album", and "view artist" are unavailable and no longer highlighted for access. I've included a picture.

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When listening to a song the "song radio", "view album", an...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution LG V30 Issues

I'm having issues with the task bar shortcut where it won't update what is actually playing or respond at all to comands. The app itself seems to function fine but with this shortcut broken, it's quite annoying. My microphone/controller headphones wo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having issues with the task bar shortcut where it won't update what is actually playing or respond at all to comands. The app itself seems to function fine but with this shortcut broken, it's qui...
  • BryceBloomfield
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

SD card help

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceSamsung s7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueMy data that i transfer to my sd card just won't stay and end up getting reset to storage.. Then i have to download them all over again to storage. I have alwa...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device Samsung s7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My data that i transfer to my sd card just won't stay and end up get...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist restart before ending

PlanPremiumCountryFR DeviceXiaomi Redmi 4 PrimeOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've a playlist with more than 350 songs and i add some songs every weeks. My problem is simple, i don't see all songs, i've enabled the shuffle mode and disab...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country FR  Device Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I've a playlist with more than 350 songs and i add some songs every weeks. M...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Historias de Instagram

No me aparece la opcion "historias de Instagram" para compartir la musica que escucho. Ya actalize las 2 aplicaciones y sigue sin aparecer

• No me aparece la opcion "historias de Instagram" para compartir la musica que escucho. Ya actalize las 2 aplicaciones y sigue sin aparecer
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle Bug on Smart TV

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSmart TVOperating SystemLatest Android OS for TV (updated recently) My Question or IssueHey guys! I am not sure if this is specific to my Smart TV or Spotify in general, but your shuffle mechanics seem to be behaving ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Smart TV Operating System Latest Android OS for TV (updated recently)   My Question or Issue Hey guys! I am not sure if this is specific to my Sma...
  • VWormwood
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
    randomization
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! When listening to Spotify on my phone I keep getting disrupted by Another Device

PlanPremiumCountry United States of America Device(LG K20 V)Operating System(Andriod Version 7.0) My Question or Issue When attempting to listen to music on my phone, or on my desktop I keep having my listening experience interrupted by a message say...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States of America  Device (LG K20 V) Operating System (Andriod Version 7.0)   My Question or Issue  When attempting to listen to mus...
  • musicstreamr824
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se cierra la APP después de un tiempo

Nunca he tenido ningún problema de este tipo, pero desde que me repararon el móvil al instalar la última actualización se me cierra la APP sola más o menos a las 2 canciones y media. Y te da igual esté en el coche con el bluetooth o en casa con el mó...

• Casual Listener
  • Nunca he tenido ningún problema de este tipo, pero desde que me repararon el móvil al instalar la última actualización se me cierra la APP sola más o menos a las 2 canciones y media. Y te da igual es...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes