Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps pausing

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceGalaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue My spotify keeps pausing randomly and I have to continue to press unpause every 30-40 seconds. I have tried turning off power settings for the app, restarted the app, r...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Device Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  My spotify keeps pausing randomly and I have to continue to press unpause ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist content different on mobile and Web

Hi everyone I am following a Playlist named Cardio (https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWSJHnPb1f0X3?si=i9thvsfCSsmvJGUds7Fpww) The song list on my desktop version of Spotify is complitely different from the one I have on my mobi...

• Hi everyone   I am following a Playlist named Cardio (https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWSJHnPb1f0X3?si=i9thvsfCSsmvJGUds7Fpww)   The song list on my desktop...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The App won´t recognise internet connection

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceSony Xperia XZ PremiumOperating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.0.0) My Question or Issue I´ve had this issue for about a year now. When I updated the app I couldn´t download any songs to my offline lists. When I do the app jumps...

• Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Sony Xperia XZ Premium Operating System Android Oreo (8.0.0)   My Question or Issue  I´ve had this issue for about a year now. When I...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs from a Playlist stop playing after 6 sec

PlanPremiumCountry: MexicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue Songs from a particular playlist (Accoustic Lounge - Chillout & Easy Listening by lmljoe) stop playing after 6 seconds. I downloaded this playlist...

• Plan Premium Country: Mexico Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  Songs from a particular playlist (Accoustic Lounge - Chillout &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suboptimal listening/search history

So, the way i use Spotify is i have a huge playlist of song that i have saved as a main platform and then i queue song i feel like listening to on top of that. My problem is that when you search for a song and queue them, they do not show up in liste...

• Casual Listener
  • So, the way i use Spotify is i have a huge playlist of song that i have saved as a main platform and then i queue song i feel like listening to on top of that. My problem is that when you search for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can no longer follow Frank Zappa

I am a premium subscriber on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Recently certain artists have removed the Following tag, and I can not add it back to the artists for any length of time. Frank Zappa, Great White, Richie Kotzen among others remain unable for me ...

• I am a premium subscriber on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Recently certain artists have removed the Following tag, and I can not add it back to the artists for any length of time. Frank Zappa, Great Whit...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is the play next option?

My Question or IssueOne of the reasons I chose Spotify over YT red or Google play is the ability to queue songs I like AND the play next function... If I happen to see a song I want to hear next, and not at the end of a long list of songs Ive selecte...

• My Question or Issue One of the reasons I chose Spotify over YT red or Google play is the ability to queue songs I like AND the play next function... If I happen to see a song I want to hear next, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Heart button not working

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7? My Question or Issue On my Discover Weekly the "heart button" won't work. Nothing happens when i tap it... the "dislike" button doesn't either...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 7?    My Question or Issue   On my Discover Weekly the "heart button" won't work.  Nothing happens when i ta...
  • SkyrimKayJames
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some titles cannot be played

PlanPremiumCountry: Luxembourg, France DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+, Windows Desktop VersionOperating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0.0 My Question or IssueSome songs cannot be played. They are grey instead of white. Please help. Yours sincerelyFILBIG Felix

• Plan Premium Country: Luxembourg, France   Device Samsung Galaxy S8+, Windows Desktop Version Operating System Android Oreo 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Some songs cannot be ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files won't play on Android or Desktop, but plays fine on iOS

(Mirroring my thread in the Dektop section, because it applies to this subforum as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Local-files-won-t-play-on-Android-or-Desktop-but-plays-fine...) PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceGalaxy S9+ (8.0, ARG8) runnin...

Capturffe.PNG
  • Gig Goer
  • (Mirroring my thread in the Dektop section, because it applies to this subforum as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Local-files-won-t-play-on-Android-or-Desktop-but-plays-fine...) &nbs...
  • clicheusername
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify control on Pioneer AVH-X490BS with Android not working

For the last few months I have not been able to directly control Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 via Bluetooth connection to my aftermarket Pioneer car stereo receiver. Basically when I try to initiate the connection from the Spotify App on my Pionee...

• For the last few months I have not been able to directly control Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7 via Bluetooth connection to my aftermarket Pioneer car stereo receiver. Basically when I try to initia...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat button is gone on premium account.

I'm a premium user in the US. Typically I listen to just my daily mixes on my commute, but last night I went to listen to a specific album and noticed the repeat button had been replaced with one of the heart shaped like buttons. I don't know when th...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium user in the US. Typically I listen to just my daily mixes on my commute, but last night I went to listen to a specific album and noticed the repeat button had been replaced with one of ...
  • AJHuxLee
  • 3 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 22 likes

Subidas y bajadas de volumen oneplus 6 con Android p estable.

Buenas tardes, desde la última actualización de spotify al escuchar música se baja y sube el volumen aleatoriamente, en la barra de volumen sigue al maximo, pero como a los 20 seg de cada canción se siente que baja un 25 % y luego al tiempo vuelve a ...

• Buenas tardes, desde la última actualización de spotify al escuchar música se baja y sube el volumen aleatoriamente, en la barra de volumen sigue al maximo, pero como a los 20 seg de cada canción se ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 9.0 PIE on Sony XZ3> lockscreen??

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceSony XZ3Operating SystemAndroid PIE 9.0 My Question or Issue I came from Iphone, where i could operate Spotify on the lockscreen. I can't get it working on the lockscreen on my XZ3. I would love to control spotify ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Sony XZ3 Operating System Android PIE 9.0   My Question or Issue  I came from Iphone, where i could operate Spotify on the lockscreen...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Bug

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceA5 2017 samsungOperating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue When i chose a song from a playlist then switch to another app, then i enter again Spotify there is a visual bug.

• Plan Premium Country  Device A5 2017 samsung Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When i chose a song from a playlist then switch to another app, t...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Change default play mode

PlanPremiumCountry UkDeviceSamsung galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI hate shuffle and always want to play songs in order they are presented on album... how can I do that? The default seems to be shuffle.

• Plan Premium Country  Uk Device Samsung galaxy 8 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I hate shuffle and always want to play songs in order they are presented on album....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do we see which playlist your favorite song is in.

My Question or Issue We listened a song and we loved it. We want to see which playlist used this song, and we want to listen songs,like that song.

•   My Question or Issue  We listened a song and we loved it. We want to see which playlist used this song, and we want to listen songs,like that song. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists still using mobile data

I've been doing some reading, it seems like it shouldnt do this, yet it still does. Are there plans to fix it?

•   I've been doing some reading, it seems like it shouldnt do this, yet it still does.   Are there plans to fix it?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify option import Android

A day ago I had a Spotify premium account where I had the option to import. But, now with my new account I do not have that option I need help on how to fix that my current account is premium

• A day ago I had a Spotify premium account where I had the option to import. But, now with my new account I do not have that option I need help on how to fix that my current account is premium
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • import android fix premium
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

• Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes