Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why not sync iTunes Playlists?

I was trying to figure out how to use my local files to play inside Spotify and then sync that files to my Android device. The best option i found until now is that: Enable local files from iTunes;Import all iTunes playlists with File > Import playli...

• Regular
  • I was trying to figure out how to use my local files to play inside Spotify and then sync that files to my Android device. The best option i found until now is that:   Enable local files...
  • edirpedro
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify App Crashes When Playing a Specific Song

When I attempt to play the song under this link: https://open.spotify.com/track/6AAyI2LASfk7ptHw4xrG0O on Spotify for Android, the app partially crashes and the song stops playing. It becomes unable to play any song or connect to another device (the ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I attempt to play the song under this link: https://open.spotify.com/track/6AAyI2LASfk7ptHw4xrG0O on Spotify for Android, the app partially crashes and the song stops playing. It becomes un...
  • brian-kinney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleting songs does not clear space from phone.

Hello. I have a problem with premium spotify. I have downloaded a lot of songs to spotify. Now i want to delete some songs. When i remove them from spotify the songs are removed from playlist and i can not listen them offline. The problem is that, on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have a problem with premium spotify. I have downloaded a lot of songs to spotify. Now i want to delete some songs. When i remove them from spotify the songs are removed from playlist and i c...
  • zahrteja
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Application Lag

Please Help. I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 with spotify, no problems. I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy J7 and when I downloaded spotify I noticed a persistant problem. Whenever my phone has an unstable internet connection (whether it is Wi-Fi or 3G LTE) th...

• Please Help.  I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 with spotify, no problems.  I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy J7 and when I downloaded spotify I noticed a persistant problem.  Whenever my phone h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No aparece la opción de almacenamiento en la tarjeta de memoria SD

borrar datos y nada que se soluciona. Vuelvo a descargar y se guardan en el almacenamiento interno.Sony Xperia™ XZAndroid versión 7.1.1Spotify versión 8.4.3.479 armV7

• Casual Listener
  • borrar datos y nada que se soluciona. Vuelvo a descargar y se guardan en el almacenamiento interno. Sony Xperia™ XZ Android versión 7.1.1 Spotify versión 8.4.3.479 armV7
  • Tejero
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Song grey and unplayable on android, but works on ps4

The song is Hey Mamma by Sundtroke Project. I've downloaded it when it was still available but now it turned grey and is unplayable. If i connect Spotify to my playstation though, the song will play as normal. Is there a possibility to let me here fr...

• The song is Hey Mamma by Sundtroke Project. I've downloaded it when it was still available but now it turned grey and is unplayable. If i connect Spotify to my playstation though, the song will play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Message "Spotify Doesn't Seem To Be Working Right Now"

Hi, I continue to get a message" Spotify doesn't Seem To be Working Right Now" when playing through Android Auto. When I try and select a playlist or do anything when this happens Spotify just spins and does nothing.This started about 2 weeks ago, th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I continue to get a message" Spotify doesn't Seem To be Working Right Now" when playing through Android Auto. When I try and select a playlist or do anything when this happens Spoti...
  • Angelmoon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after 2-3 songs

Hey Ive just got my premium account in spotify and since then when im playing a playlist and dont touch the phone, the playlist stops and plays again only if i do any action with the phone. I tried re-installing, played with the fade settings, but no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey   Ive just got my premium account in spotify and since then when im playing a playlist and dont touch the phone, the playlist stops and plays again only if i do any action with the phone. ...
  • jcleaves
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist won't play as a mix

I'm pretty new to spotify and recently I listened to Axwell/\Ingrosso House PartyThe first time it played as a continous mix with good transititions (not just crossfade)But now it plays every song on its ownWhy is that?

• I'm pretty new to spotify and recently I listened to Axwell/\Ingrosso House Party The first time it played as a continous mix with good transititions (not just crossfade) But now it plays every son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Creating Playlists With Personally Owned Files and Spotify Files

One of my favorite artists only has a few albums available and I have the rest of their albums as files on my laptop and phone. I am wondering if I can make a playlist on my Android with both.

• One of my favorite artists only has a few albums available and I have the rest of their albums as files on my laptop and phone. I am wondering if I can make a playlist on my Android with both.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This is my biggest problem with Spotify !

Hi ! I'm having the same problem EVERY party that I'm throwing. I have a PARTY playlist (236 songs) that I play by order (no shuffle). The usual, on a party someone ask for a special request, so I press ADD TO QUEU and everything is fine. But SOMETIM...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !    I'm having the same problem EVERY party that I'm throwing. I have a PARTY playlist (236 songs) that I play by order (no shuffle). The usual, on a party someone ask for a special r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App stops while playing a specific song

Hi together, I really feel kind of lost because I have no clue what is going on. It goes like this: Lets say I have Song XYZ in my Playlist. Works fine on Web and Windows. Now If I am playing XYZ in my Android App, I hear music, but no info about the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi together, I really feel kind of lost because I have no clue what is going on.   It goes like this: Lets say I have Song XYZ in my Playlist. Works fine on Web and Windows. Now If I am playin...
  • foAW
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Has 3 Icons?

Hi all, Spotify mobile only has 3 icons at the bottom for me: your mixes, home, and search. There is no method that I know of where I can access my music, as I can only search. I can access it on desktop, but not here. Others can login fine on my pho...

Screenshot_2017-05-22-20-15-36.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Spotify mobile only has 3 icons at the bottom for me: your mixes, home, and search. There is no method that I know of where I can access my music, as I can only search. I can ac...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing after it's been paused for a long time

If I pause my Spotify but leave it open and accessbile in the notifications bar on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, it will start playing again if I unmute and mute a video on instagram or facebook and after I turn my alarm off in the morning. I've turned ...

• Casual Listener
  • If I pause my Spotify but leave it open and accessbile in the notifications bar on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, it will start playing again if I unmute and mute a video on instagram or facebook and aft...
  • kdmo1005
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble Downloading

Hello! I've been using spotify for a while now and i really like the app and I love the changes Spotify is making to it's app but recently I've come across a problem... I was was trying to download a single and it wouldn't download it. The grey downl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I've been using spotify for a while now and i really like the app and I love the changes Spotify is making to it's app but recently I've come across a problem... I was was trying to download a...
  • wavecloud9
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

offline songs not available on android

Hi, So i bought this new phone and this happened to me. I currently have a Motorola Moto Z Play, running android 7.0I have Spotify Premium, also installed the app on my laptop. I also have a playlist with songs of my own (not available on Spotify), p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,     So i bought this new phone and this happened to me. I currently have a Motorola Moto Z Play, running android 7.0 I have Spotify Premium, also installed the app on my laptop. I als...
  • LucasMO
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics only show 30% or less of the lyics

I assume that the Lyrics feature is designed and released broken intentionally. The lyrics feature shows me a line or two of lyrics, then instead of loading lyrics, switches to the useless "behind the lyrics" screen.Then, as more and more and more wo...

• Music Fan
  • I assume that the Lyrics feature is designed and released broken intentionally.   The lyrics feature shows me a line or two of lyrics, then instead of loading lyrics, switches to the useless "...
  • MrDebnath
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Android app will not advance song when playing in background

This is pretty ridiculous. No one loads spotify and then WATCHES the album art. We want to listen to music while we navigate with Google Maps, or exercise and track it with our favorite fitness app, or whatever. but if the screen goes dark or another...

• This is pretty ridiculous. No one loads spotify and then WATCHES the album art. We want to listen to music while we navigate with Google Maps, or exercise and track it with our favorite fitness app, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! download again on new mobile phone? does it charge twice?

I downloaded 2 albums into my old mobile phone, now I have a new mobile phone and the albums have not been transferred to new phone. Shall I just download again or does it mean I will pay twice?

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded 2 albums into my old mobile phone, now I have a new mobile phone and the albums have not been transferred to new phone. Shall I just download again or does it mean I will pay twice?
  • ItsJamesJ
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't access Downloaded albums on S6.

it looks as if the path between spotify and where my downloaded albums are stored on the phone is out of sync. When I go to where the files are and I click to open I would expect it to open in Spotify but it opens in Pocket Cast or some other app. I ...

• it looks as if the path between spotify and where my downloaded albums are stored on the phone is out of sync. When I go to where the files are and I click to open I would expect it to open in Spotif...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes