Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash when creating playlist in a folder

Looks like my Spotify android app (on Samsung Galaxy S7) was updated overnight. Since then, whenever I try and create a playlist within a pre-exisiting folder, the app crashes. Creating playlists at the top level works fine. Adding tracks to playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • Looks like my Spotify android app (on Samsung Galaxy S7) was updated overnight. Since then, whenever I try and create a playlist within a pre-exisiting folder, the app crashes.   Creating play...
  • cotsan
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes

Facebook Messenger

Hi, as I use my Facebook account to login to my Spotify premium account all messages I receive via the Facebook messenger app appear in every single device that I am logged into Spotify on. Is there any way I can restrict the receipt of these message...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, as I use my Facebook account to login to my Spotify premium account all messages I receive via the Facebook messenger app appear in every single device that I am logged into Spotify on.   ...
  • IvorTollah
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Gear S3 offline spotify playlist problem

After downloading my playlists to the watch on the Gear S3 I can play my music perfectly but at the day after it wont play any one of them untill I redownloading then over again.And to be clear those playlist marked as downloaded.There is any solutio...

• Casual Listener
  • After downloading my playlists to the watch on the Gear S3 I can play my music perfectly but at the day after it wont play any one of them untill I redownloading then over again. And to be clear tho...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Linking Spotify with Facebook

I've been logging into Spotify with my email address for along time. Today I tried sharing a song on my Facebook from Spotify, but it didn't let me. When I click 'Connect to Facebook' I get a pop-up that says there's already a Spotify account linked ...

• I've been logging into Spotify with my email address for along time. Today I tried sharing a song on my Facebook from Spotify, but it didn't let me. When I click 'Connect to Facebook' I get a pop-up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S7 Edge - SD-Card is set as storage location but music is saved internally

Hello, I use an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with an SD-Card and with Spotify Premium.Although I set the storage location in the Spotify App to the SD-Card, Spotify saves all the music to the internal storage which is getting full.Spotify says that the sto...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I use an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with an SD-Card and with Spotify Premium. Although I set the storage location in the Spotify App to the SD-Card, Spotify saves all the music to the in...
  • Nkidwell1259
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Client crashes playing Kendrick

Client crashes almost every time I play Kendrick Lamar's m.A.A.d City or Untitled 07. Hasn't happened with any other tracks so far. Please check it out.Not only does the client crash, but it brings the phone along with it - all kinds of apps crash al...

• Casual Listener
  • Client crashes almost every time I play Kendrick Lamar's m.A.A.d City or Untitled 07. Hasn't happened with any other tracks so far. Please check it out. Not only does the client crash, but it brings...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't find an album

Hello everyone...last days I opened Spotify to listen to the first album of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds...but I didn't find it. I'm from Uruguay and in other countries the album is avaliable. So...somebody can help me? What's the matter here?

• Hello everyone...last days I opened Spotify to listen to the first album of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds...but I didn't find it. I'm from Uruguay and in other countries the album is avaliable. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Gadget

A beautiful day / evening to you guys!I lost my tablet since Friday (Dec. 2, 2017). And I'm gonna ask you guys to detect my tablet by looking for its "the last time used" and "where is the tablet located from the last time it was used." To make it sh...

• A beautiful day / evening to you guys! I lost my tablet since Friday (Dec. 2, 2017). And I'm gonna ask you guys to detect my tablet by looking for its "the last time used" and "where is the tablet l...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Shuffle play only shuffles through 7 random songs

When clicking the shuffle play button, 7 songs are selected, and a playlist of 100 items is created with only 7 unique songs.This should probably be fixed.

• Casual Listener
  • When clicking the shuffle play button, 7 songs are selected, and a playlist of 100 items is created with only 7 unique songs. This should probably be fixed.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Hello. This album is not available for me, although it shows the cover of it, I can't find it. Can someone help me?

• Hello.    This album is not available for me, although it shows the cover of it, I can't find it. Can someone help me?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using multiple devices

Hi i pay for premium and i have 3 devices linked to my account but 1 device will only play if i have internet connection, why is this? I thought on premium you could play on 3 devices without wifi if you have downloaded all your music?

• Hi i pay for premium and i have 3 devices linked to my account but 1 device will only play if i have internet connection, why is this? I thought on premium you could play on 3 devices without wifi if...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist sorting options

are thre any way to sort the playlist by date(added) on the phone (android) like you can on your computer? i have a samsung s7 running android 7.0 atm

• are thre any way to sort the playlist by date(added) on the phone (android) like you can on your computer? i have a samsung s7 running android 7.0 atm 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song displayed after each commercial

After each commercial the wrong song is displayed compared to the one you hear playing! Sometimes it does show the correct one for 1 second just after the commercial, but it shifts to some other song while keep on playing that first displayed song!so...

• Music Fan
  • After each commercial the wrong song is displayed compared to the one you hear playing!   Sometimes it does show the correct one for 1 second just after the commercial, but it shifts to some o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema de almacenamiento en Moto G3

Hola, hace poco cambie mi telefono y he adquirido un Moto G3 No Plus, el problema es que he querido pasar los datos a una Tarjeta SD externa y directamente la opcion de "Almacenamiento" no aparece y eso me impide descargar las canciones de mi bibliot...

• Hola, hace poco cambie mi telefono y he adquirido un Moto G3 No Plus, el problema es que he querido pasar los datos a una Tarjeta SD externa y directamente la opcion de "Almacenamiento" no aparece y ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error logging into app

I am having an error message when opening the application. "Your current setting is offline. Stay online to connect to Spotify." Being that one of the options that are cancel or connect does not change the problem that persists. I can only resolve it...

• Regular
  • I am having an error message when opening the application. "Your current setting is offline. Stay online to connect to Spotify." Being that one of the options that are cancel or connect does not chan...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Listing between Spotify, iPhone and car

I have my iPhone paired with my 2017 forester. When I was with Apple Music and using Bluetooth, I would be able to see the song info on my car screen. When i switched to Spotify, with the same setup as the iPhone, I cannot see any info on the screen....

• I have my iPhone paired with my 2017 forester. When I was with Apple Music and using Bluetooth, I would be able to see the song info on my car screen. When i switched to Spotify, with the same setup ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify using so much mobile data? It's just too expensive to use!

I use Spotify mainly over Wifi and when I'm out I ONLY use downloaded playlists. So WHY does Spotify use huge amounts of mobile 3G data? If this is how Spotify is supposed to work I can't use it. It's just too expensive! Why isn't there a WiFi only o...

• Roadie
  • I use Spotify mainly over Wifi and when I'm out I ONLY use downloaded playlists. So WHY does Spotify use huge amounts of mobile 3G data? If this is how Spotify is supposed to work I can't use it. It'...
  • fresh-ear
  • Roadie
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Stockage de donnees

Bonjour a tous,J'utilise Spotify en version Family, a jour, qui tourne sous Android 6.0.1 sur un Galaxy S5 avec une carte SD classe 10 de 128Go installee. Systematiquement a la suite de redemarrage de l'appli, d'une mise a jour ou d'un redemarrage du...

• Bonjour a tous, J'utilise Spotify en version Family, a jour, qui tourne sous Android 6.0.1 sur un Galaxy S5 avec une carte SD classe 10 de 128Go installee.   Systematiquement a la suite ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! turning off new spotify android version

I feel extremely remedial here, but how do you turn off the new version of Spotify Mobile on the Droid Bionic? Before I would touch the menu button and then choose to exit. So far the only thing I have figured out is to either log out completely or g...

• Casual Listener
  • I feel extremely remedial here, but how do you turn off the new version of Spotify Mobile on the Droid Bionic?  Before I would touch the menu button and then choose to exit. So far the only thin...
  • SpotifyItBlows
  • Casual Listener
  • 54 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 54 replies
  • 8 likes

Play and pause issue using wired headphones

I've had this weird issue with Spotifys latest update regarding using wired headphones (tried 3 different pairs)where the music is playing along and I would like to pause it, no issues here. But when I'd like to play again nothing happens. And if you...

• I've had this weird issue with Spotifys latest update regarding using wired headphones (tried 3 different pairs) where the music is playing along and I would like to pause it, no issues here.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes