Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot display lyrics/behind the lyrics on android

Solved!

cannot display lyrics/behind the lyrics on android

Plan

• Premium

Country

Thailand

I cannot display behind the lyrics ( either genius or lyrics) across all my android devices.

I used to think that it was my previous device issue ( galaxy S9plus, exynos) but recently I moved to my new devices ( xiaomi mi8 and s10plus) and the issue still persists.

I can properly display the lyrics on my iPad pro 10.5" from the start though.

And believe me, I tried clearing the cache, resetting all my setting, formatting my devices and even clean install ito brand new devices without any success.

This has been bothering me for years, I love using spotify but displaying lyrics within the app is one of the crucial feature in this kind of app for me. I don't really want to move to other music streaming app just for the lyrics. 

please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for sending over those screenshots.

It  sounds like the issue you are experiencing is specific to your account.

The best thing to do is to reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will help you move all your content to a new account and then close your old account.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Ok in summary my problem is an account-based and Spotify cannot solve this problem within the same account 

I needed to create a new account, transfer data resubscribe and reinvite all my family members.

It's a hurdle but it's solved eventually and eventhough it took sometime, spotify customer support help me to go through this smoothly

hope this information can help other people as I can find so many people with this problem unsolved

cheers and thank you spotify support 

Ake

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Our teams have made some changes backstage and this should now be resolved 🙂 In that case, we'd recommend making sure to have your app on your Android devices up-to-date, and reinstall the app once more if necessary.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you for your quick reply Katerina

Sadly nothing changes. All my androids (s9plus/s10plus/mi8) are always up to date and after reinstall the app in every devices, the lyrics/behind the lyrics still doesn't show.

However as I mentioned before, the lyrics are displayed normally on my iPad pro 10.5".

Are there any bugs or faults in android software side? 

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Ake.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Note that this feature is only available on select songs and playlists.

Just to make sure, could you see if the Behind the Lyrics feature works with the following song:

spotify:track:7qiZfU4dY1lWllzX7mPBI3

If it doesn't work, let us know and we'll look into this further.

Thanks!

It does not display on all of my android devices. 

displays correctly on my ipad

@Peter , @Katerina 

I'm using a family subscription and when I look at their spotify apps, the interfaces are different, and they can display lyrics! 

It seems to be an account base problem since all my android devices are displaying the same interface ( that cannot display lyrics) 

may this information help you with the fix 

please solve this bug for me as it plague me for years 

regards

20190310_200532.jpg

other account that can display the lyrics, noted the different interface

20190310_200635.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for sending over those screenshots.

It  sounds like the issue you are experiencing is specific to your account.

The best thing to do is to reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will help you move all your content to a new account and then close your old account.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Marked as solution

Ok in summary my problem is an account-based and Spotify cannot solve this problem within the same account 

I needed to create a new account, transfer data resubscribe and reinvite all my family members.

It's a hurdle but it's solved eventually and eventhough it took sometime, spotify customer support help me to go through this smoothly

hope this information can help other people as I can find so many people with this problem unsolved

cheers and thank you spotify support 

Ake

Screenshot_20201010-062600_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-062609_Spotify.jpg

 Hi Team, requesting your assistance for my account too please. I don't have an option for lyrics. I have S7 edge.

Hey there @NuclearSaltik,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

As mentioned above, not every song has the Behind the lyrics feature and right now it's not possible to enable it for all tracks.

If you're able to see the lyrics on a different account for the same song, it probably means that the issue lies with your current account and we can recommend creating a new one and transferring your music to it with the steps here.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you need us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts