Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

massive background data & stalling & false 'no internet connection'

massive background data & stalling & false 'no internet connection'

Brief description of the issue:not sure how long this has been happening but noticed it about three days ago . if i listen to 500mb of songs then there is an almost equal amount of background data. therefore i am losing twice as much of my allotted data that i pay a lot for every month. as soon as i followed advice i found to click restrict background data inside the app, the background data did stop adding up but every undownloaded song i listen to stalls numerous times. very very very frustrating. also much more frequently today all songs go grey and see a banner which says 'no internet connection' which isn't true because im using one or more other items that wouldnt work without a connection at that exact time. have noticed that 'no internet' thing a number of times over the last month and a half, but since these other problems didnt start til very very recently i just assumed my service dropped out. not the case. in hindsight all go grey but current song didn't quit playing, which seemed quite weird. song would keep playing lists of songs went grey, then ungrey. now song stops then songlist goes grey. absolutely spotify problem not my phone provider. this started as my data being wasted by spotify, when i tried to fix that it is then that the app i pay money for magically stops working properly. if youre stealing more of my data than you should, stop that. if youre punishing a paying faithful customer for shutting of that background data, stop it also!

Fix this!

HTC one m8, 5.0.2., Premium, 4.1.0.868

3 Replies

New day same problems. listening to downloaded because other music keeps stopping. also on this website right this very second WHILE spotify app is telling me that i have no internet connection. lets get this figured out.

day 3 NOW no songs greyed out but any song i try to click says it is unavailable.still have background data restricted i am not going to basically be 'double charged' for my data by listening again without background data restricted. i have yet to read a reasonable explanation as to why this happens. would really like one soon. i pay for spotify not to mention a good chunk of money every month for 5GB. I listen to a lot of music everyday. even when spotify is working correctly i always come in right near the 5GB ceiling. When i noticed this problem I was right around 1GB after four or five days. unacceptable. other streaming options will have to be explored. doesnt mean it shouldnt be fixed though.

been about a week since trying to listen to anything undownloaded. actually got to hear TWO full songs before it all going grey and saying i had no internet connection. progress i guess. do people at spotify actually read what i am writing here? had problet awhile back and they responded at some point if i remember correctly. or am i complaining in the wrong place?

Suggested posts