Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

podcast now has ads and sounds slowed down

podcast now has ads and sounds slowed down

I have Spotify premium, I'm in the United States, my device is a OnePlus 6t, I'm running Android 11.

I have already cleared storage and cache and reinstalled Spotify.

I have been listening to the podcast high rollers DnD ( https://open.spotify.com/show/38hqqX4m4eYtKZXzuI8exS?si=5MASkkwxRYCpN6XPx63XAg&utm_source=copy-link&...)

My issue is this, I finished listening to one episode and then as it went to play the next it played an ad, and after the ad the podcast itself(but not the ad that preceded it ) sounded slowed down ( changing payback speed did speed it up but it was still lowered pitch) . The ad changes when I go to play it again and they have sponsors for the podcast but not ads like this.

I tried replaying the previous episode that had just played fine and it seems affected as well. Every episode I select to play does the same thing.

33 Replies

To add, other music and so far other podcast content seems unaffected

Hi there @Blaezkun,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you try from a different device to see if you get the same behavior?

Also, can you confirm if if the sound changes after the ad is played and if it's any ad or a particular one?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same issue. 

Huawei P30 pro

Android 10

EMUI 11.0.0

Philippines 

The sound on some of the podcast episodes have suddenly a deep voice and play slower. 

This happens to my stuff you should know podcast episodes. Some episodes I've listened to and were fine before. 

I have restarted, reinstalled and cleared caches. 

The ads for my country still sound normal but the ones from the podcast also have the deep voice. 

I attached a video of what it sounds like. 

Hey there @aquillamacavint

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Just to confirm, is this happening with the entire episode? Have you noticed this behavior in a different podcast or just the one you mentioned? 

Also, would you mind sending over the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy, 

I only listen to this podcast so I haven't noticed with others. I tried looking at others and they sound normal but I don't listen to those enough to see if it happens to many of their episodes, while with the SYSK I listen to around 5 a day.  

I have Spotify version 8.6.36.1070

P.s. when I go back to the episode that was playing weird it is still playing weird. So once it starts it sticks to that weird sound 😞 

Hey @aquillamacavint,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try on another device to see if that makes a difference?

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstalling Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey, I unfortunately don't have any other device  as my laptop broke 😞 

I don't have an SD card. 

Also now I just added a bunch of the old episodes that I've never listened to and only 1 out of the 15 are normal 😞 

Hi @aquillamacavint

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Looks like there's a newer app version available. Could you try reinstalling the app again to see if you're still experiencing the issue with the latest app version?

Also, could you let us know if the same thing happens when you download the podcast for offline listening?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It works fine now! 

I tried before reinstalling but didn't work but now with the update I haven't had any issues yet. They must've fixed the bug in the new update 😍 

Thank you! 

I spoke to soon. It's back. 

Sorry to hear the issue is back @aquillamacavint!

Can you let us know if the same behavior appears when you use 3/4G or Wi-fi? Do you hear any difference between the two?

Could you try saving the episodes for offline listening and let us know if they're still out of sync?

You can also make sure that you have your audio set to the highest setting with the steps here

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Spoiler
Hi
Spoiler
Same thing if I'm on wifi or LTE/4G, downloaded some episodes and it's still the deep voice. Sound is already on the highest setting 😞 

Oops dunno why it went to spoiler. 

Anyways I also googled it and saw one other person post on Reddit that it happened to them with the same podcast, Stuff you should know. No solution yet either. 

Hi @aquillamacavint

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if they experience the same issue?

Also, we'd like to know if this only happens on your phone or on other devices as well. This would help us to know if the issue is device-related.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, 

My friend wasn't able to login on my phone but I logged in on his and it's still the same issue. I played a few of the  podcasts episodes and they have that deep voice. 

The episodes I tried were from Stuff you should know 

How LARP works 

How Fingerprinting works 

How horseshoes work

The shark diaries 

How cockroaches work 

How surfing works 

How willpower works 

I stopped checking after that. 

I tried replaying the previous episode that had just played fine and it seems affected as well. You can rebooting your device.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Can you let us know if a particular add caused it or was it different ads and if so - which ones?

Can you confirm if we're missing any podcasts as we're working on a report?

For now we've listed these episodes from the podcast Stuff we should know:

• How LARP works 
  • How Fingerprinting works 
  • How horseshoes work
  • The shark diaries 
  • How cockroaches work 
  • How surfing works 
  • How willpower works

We've also listed High Rollers :Areois #117

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts