Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

premium syncing. SO FRUSTRATED. PLEASE HELP.

premium syncing. SO FRUSTRATED. PLEASE HELP.

I purchased Spotify Premium under the username lpthomson so I could sync via my Droid X2.  I've tried everything I can find online, and the device never shows up under "devices" on my computer version.  I tried logging in with a different account (through my email address), and the phone shows up under devices; however, my Premium is purchased under lpthomson.  Can I transfer my Premium account to my email address spotify account, or what do I need to do?  I'm shocked at the lack of online support there is, and I'm about ready to throw in the towel here.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

4 Replies

Hi lpthomson- A few users have found that temporarily disabling their firewalls has helped their device appear in the Spotify. 

I recommend checking out this thread for some more troubleshooting sugggestions. 

However, I can also see that you've created two accounts on our system and you've registered for Premium on both. Not to worry, I've just sent you an email with some info on how we can sort this out. 

Hi there.

In addition to what Meredith has said ... if what you want to do is sync playlists of Spotify tracks (i.e. not your own MP3's) to your phone then there is no need to do this via Spotify on the desktop - launch the app on your phone and select which playlists you want available offline from within that.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm having issues with the offline thing as well... I am wondering if any of you know how to make them download into the microSD card, rather than the internal memory, specifically on the Dx2.... I have been messing with this all day, and am about to throw my phone through a window, LOL.

First there is no way to sync offline songs to an sd card see this thread.

For showing devices you can try shutting down spotify on the desktop and then restarting as an adminastrater, I had a similar problem with my Ipod and that worked, don't know if it'll work with android though.

Dell XPS Duel core laptop, 4 gb ram, windows vista, winamp
Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

Suggested posts