Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Download over cellular data" is enabled but still NOT DOWNLOADING

Solved!

"Download over cellular data" is enabled but still NOT DOWNLOADING

I'm a Spotify premium user that had to FACTORY RESET my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) in order to get Download over cellular data to work, IT DOES NOT WORK FOR THe NTH TIME NOW!

I've also tried doing a clean reinstall for a lot of times I can no longer count. Tried Remove all offline devices on my Spotify account settings. Called my mobile carrier to change network settings and access points. But guess what? DOWNLOAD OVER CELLULAR DATA STILL DOES NOT WORK GOD darn IT!

And if Spotify keep making excuses. My OS is Android Marshmallow, I have no sd card on (but VAST amount of device storage), I can connecto to the internet, I am 999999% sure that I am on 4g (because duh, you don't need rocket science to figure that out), I can download the songs over wifi. Storage permission for Spotify is allowed. I have vast amount of free storage. I can stream the songs. My internet works properly.

So WHY THE F*** CAN'T I DOWNLOAD SONGS OVER CELLULAR DATA?!

JUST HAND ME OVER A REFUND!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Do you have two sim cards in your device?

if yes this is probably the cause,

take a look here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-in-spotify-when-using-dual-sim-phone/td-p/1149424

@josephlm wrote:
I am using the Oneplus Two, using Android OS 6.0.1. I have a data plan with AT&T and a data plan with T-Mobile. AT&T sim card is in slot 1. Now, I find that when I have both SIM cards enabled in the SIM card settings but choose SIM2 (I.e. T-Mobile) and leave Calls/Text on SIM1, that Spotify won't download my music over cellular, unless I do one of two things:
1. Disable one of the two SIM cards in the SIM card settings menu, forcing data to go over the SIM that is still enabled.
2. Set data to go.ober the SIM currently in SIM card slot 1. In this arrangement I can keep both SIM cards enabled, but it leaves me using data on the SIM card I don't have am unlimited plan for.

I hope this is enough info for the Spotify team to properly triage and resolve. Thanks!

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Do you have two sim cards in your device?

if yes this is probably the cause,

take a look here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bug-in-spotify-when-using-dual-sim-phone/td-p/1149424

@josephlm wrote:
I am using the Oneplus Two, using Android OS 6.0.1. I have a data plan with AT&T and a data plan with T-Mobile. AT&T sim card is in slot 1. Now, I find that when I have both SIM cards enabled in the SIM card settings but choose SIM2 (I.e. T-Mobile) and leave Calls/Text on SIM1, that Spotify won't download my music over cellular, unless I do one of two things:
1. Disable one of the two SIM cards in the SIM card settings menu, forcing data to go over the SIM that is still enabled.
2. Set data to go.ober the SIM currently in SIM card slot 1. In this arrangement I can keep both SIM cards enabled, but it leaves me using data on the SIM card I don't have am unlimited plan for.

I hope this is enough info for the Spotify team to properly triage and resolve. Thanks!

Good luck!

Wow! That works. I disabled my sim for text and calls but left my sim for
data on.

Now I feel bad for being such an a$$ on my post.

Don't feel too bad. I have dual sim and spotify isn't able to download over cellular unless I turn off a SIM. I've tried switching the SIMs over so the data sim is in SIM1 - makes no difference, still can't download over cellular. Every other app has no problem using the data connection, so it's a bona fide bug with Spotify that it can't handle dual sim. 

Suggested posts