Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"choose music" tab in car mode not working while offline

"choose music" tab in car mode not working while offline

Plan

Premium

Country

Egypt

Device

Samsung Note 10 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The "choose music" tab in car mode allows me to switch between playlists and albums without looking at the phone, but the problem is that the "choose music" tab empty while in offline mode the message it shows is that there is no connection and that it's trying to reconnect, but I'm in offline mode and I have a lot of playlists and albums downloaded.

5 Replies

Hey there @Vespergraph,

Thanks for the post!

Can you access any other section of the app when in Offline and Car mode at all, or do you just get the error message that you're offline?

It would be great if you let us know your Spotify app version, as well as uploading a screenshot of the error message with your next reply 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi:

I think i have a similar or the same issue. I described it in full detail here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Car-mode-doesn-t-work-offline/td-p/5264428

Hi there @a8a92,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that's provided in the thread you linked in your post?

If you did, can you let us know the following information that @Alex asked for in his reply above?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply.

I provided all the information @Alex requested in the linked post. I also made a detailed description of my issue in case @Vespergraph's issue is different (with the information provided i'm assuming is the same). I've also tried the suggested steps not long ago (solved other issues, but not this one).

¿Could you confirm if your mobile app works differently when both car mode and offline mode are activated?

I'm convinced is an app issue and not only my particular case, but i would appreciate if you can confirm this.

Thanks.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

We can confirm that the Offline mode doesn't work while the Car mode is enabled - that's the current expected behavior of the app. You can find that info in this article under Not working? > Make sure your device is connected to the internet.

However, we suggest adding your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts