Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"no storage area found"

"no storage area found"

Cannot open spotify, unless I restart my device at which point I can only play one track before it simply stops playing. Also some tracks can only be played online.
9 Replies

If on Android, 

Go to the Application manager, choose Spotify, clear data and cache, restart and log back in. 

Thank you muchly 🙂 Will I have to "re download" my songs?

No, you just have to log back in. X

This fixes it for me initially....until the next time I want to use it again and I have the same problem?

My app manager doesn't give me either of those options. Doesn't even show a cache. Only thing is Force close which didn't do anything

Yea I've had the same problem for the last week or two and I've tried Uninstalling spotify, deleting the cache and the data. As Chris said the fix works for a few songs and then reverts back to normal. The only thing that I haven't gotten to work is deleting the actual spotify folder, but that's because it won't let me delete it.

Here is how i got the issue to go away semi permanently.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Solution-No-Storage-Area-Found/m-p/1309513#M56668

I only say Semi permanently because i'm going to test with better microsd cards and see if i can get spotify to play well with microsd again.

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen!

If you are still experiencing this issue could you please post in this thread 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

I have this problem too two or three weeks ago. I uninstall the app, and it run for two days, then the problem back.

And restart de cellphone too. I have a galaxy S5

Suggested posts